What Woud You Rather See? Olympic Gold or Stanley Cup?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What would you rather see?

Olympic Gold for Team Canada Mens
12%
Stanley Cup for Canucks
88%

Total votes: 26

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: What Woud You Rather See? Olympic Gold or Stanley Cup?

Post by The Brown Knight »

LOL.

I did know that Jon.

Like I said - as far as the NBA goes, I'll concede the fact that I can be considered a bandwagoner here. My only saving grace for the NBA, is that I "jumped" to the Heat in 2004 (Colonel Korn from Canuckscentral can back me up on this ;)), WAY BEFORE Bosh and James defected to the Heat.

Jordan, Shaq, and Lebron James have been my favorite players in the league.

But - like I said, I'll become more "legit" NBA-wise next year when I permanently defect to the Trailblazers.

NBA has just never been that big of a deal to me. I hold it in the same regards as I do CFL.

Canucks > Seahawks/Blue Jays > BC Lions/NBA Team
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

rats19 wrote:I don't believe any major sport victory for my country or any of my chosen teams. Will hold a candle to a SC for the canucks.

I have won gold..grey cups and now superbowl...just makes me want the SC more...
rats pretty much nailed it.

Like rats, I've seen all my favorite teams and athletes succeed at the highest levels.

Team Canada Men's Hockey in 2002 and 2010 respectively, BC Lions, Seahawks, Blue Jays, Heat, Brock Lesnar, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Rafael Nadal, Tiger Woods, Mike Tyson, Cain Valasquez, and Floyd Money Mayweather.

Only thing missing for me personally, is a Stanley Cup for the Canucks.

Seeing the Lions, Heat, and Seahawks win since 2011 has made things easier for me (I'll even go as far as saying that seeing the Seahawks win REALLY gave me a new lease of life as a sports fan), but the lack of a Stanley Cup is still a huge void in my soul.

The Dark Indian Rises
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Down Goes Brown, your credibility as a true fan went out the window the moment you tied the media's treatment of the Canucks in 2011 and sundry leaf/oiler/flames troll's actions during that year's cup run to Team Canada efforts in the former USSR.

It's Canada's entry in the sport of International Ice Hockey... bottom line, you are either with us or against us.

And since you have made it clear you ain't with us... you can hand in your "I Am Canadian" card at the door...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The Brown Knight wrote:Team Canada Men's Hockey in 2002 and 2010 respectively, BC Lions, Seahawks, Blue Jays, Heat, Brock Lesnar, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Rafael Nadal, Tiger Woods, Mike Tyson, Cain Valasquez, and Floyd Money Mayweather.
What about Kurt Angle? :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Since the lockout, Seahawks win was more important to me than anything the Canucks could do. 12th man vs fans held hostage for the contents of their wallets.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

ukcanuck wrote:Down Goes Brown, your credibility as a true fan went out the window the moment you tied the media's treatment of the Canucks in 2011 and sundry leaf/oiler/flames troll's actions during that year's cup run to Team Canada efforts in the former USSR.

It's Canada's entry in the sport of International Ice Hockey... bottom line, you are either with us or against us.

And since you have made it clear you ain't with us... you can hand in your "I Am Canadian" card at the door...
Agree to disagree I guess.

Just because I am hesitant to follow Canadian Men's Hockey after 2011 (for the record, I actually have caught a few games......even though I'm not "feeling it" as I did in years' past), I still proudly support other Canadian athletes and sports at the Olympics. Hence - the statement of, "Hand in your Canadian card" is not really applicable. Atleast from my view.

Despite me wanting to convert to a Seattle Mariners fan mentally, I still stay loyal to the Toronto Blue Jays since it's impossible for me to go against them. As with the Nucks and Seahawks, I've been a Jays fan since 1987.

Atleast that's my view.

The Dark Indian Rises