What Woud You Rather See? Olympic Gold or Stanley Cup?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What would you rather see?

Olympic Gold for Team Canada Mens
12%
Stanley Cup for Canucks
88%

Total votes: 26

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

What Woud You Rather See? Olympic Gold or Stanley Cup?

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I'd take a Stanley Cup in a heartbeat. We already won the gold medal like 2X, whereas it has been like 40+ years with no Cup. :(
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: What Woud You Rather See? Olympic Gold or Stanley Cup?

Post by Strangelove »

OMG someone please take away this guy's right to start polls...
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Would you rather get hit by a bus....Or hit by a moped? :baaa:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Todd Bersnoozi,

C'mon buddy.

Seriously.

An Olympic Gold Medal is great, but doesn't come even close to a Stanley Cup.

Take it from me. Since 2009, I've personally experienced my favorite teams win
-Olympic Gold (Men's Hockey)
-CFL Grey Cup (BC Lions 2011)
-2 NBA Championships (Miami Heat 2012 and 2013)
-Super Bowl (Seahawks 2014)

In my mind, all of those put together only come CLOSE to what I would personally feel if the Canucks won a Stanley Cup.

I can't see any NHL fan, or Canucks fan, prioritizing an Olympic Gold Medal over a Stanley Cup.

I like you Bersnoozi, but this poll wasn't well thought out at all. :THUMBS DOWN:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The Brown Knight wrote: I can't see any NHL fan, or Canucks fan, prioritizing an Olympic Gold Medal over a Stanley Cup.

I like you Bersnoozi, but this poll wasn't well thought out at all. :THUMBS DOWN:

*LOL* Fair enuff. I was just curious to see what ppl thought out there. Just a fun thread/poll, by no means anything serious. So far, there is one person who picked Olympic Gold. :lol: I know things maybe a lil different if we didn't win a gold medal yet (like back in 2002) or when it was in our back yard (2010). Just our guys are playing well, the games are starting to get interesting and I'm starting to see a lot of Team Canada jerseys out there. Like I said, just a fun/curious topic to throw out there. :)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Obviously Bersnoozi voted concussion over shoulder injury.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Too easy. I'm cheering for the Swiss this year in the Olympics, time for an upset. Don't really care about the Olympics, fun to watch, but it's an all-star mini-league, no attachment to these teams whatsoever.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

This poll is dumb.

I'm pretty much on the same page as BC. I don't like Russia, but aside from them, I really don't have much attachment or dislike to any team. If anything, I cheer for the underdog as much as anybody. I watch the Canada games, but I find it hard to get geared up for a team that, on paper at least, should slaughter anybody they play.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Speaking of the Olympics, barring injury, Hamhuis might not see any significant ice time according to Babcock. As a Canuck fan, I am actually glad to hear that... :mrgreen:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444079
Team Canada has yet to announce who will be the seventh defenceman for their quarter-final game on Wednesday, but it sounds like whomever fills the role will not see the ice much.

Canadian head coach Mike Babcock told Arpon Basu of NHL.com that his top six defenceman are set and whether it's P.K. Subban or Dan Hamhuis in the lineup, neither will get much playing time.

"We've got three really good pairs," Babcock told NHL.com on Monday. "I'll be honest with you, Hamhuis and P.K. haven't got much of a chance. I mean the pairs are good. There hasn't been any changing of players there just because they've been real solid."

Babcock seems content with his pairings of Duncan Keith with Shea Weber, Marc-Edouard Vlasic with Drew Doughty and Jay Bouwmeester with Alex Pietrangelo.

Hamhuis dressed for Canada's 3-1 win over Norway and played just 3:58 minutes in the 2-1 overtime win over Finland.

Subban played 11:41 minutes in Canada's 6-0 rout of Austria.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Am I the only one who is going to vote Olympic gold?
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Did you stretch before taking a big leap on the bandwagon?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The title should read
Canucks win Stanley Cup or Canada wins gold?

"I'll have my steak rare please, unicorn rare..."
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

JonT21 wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
LOL.

Your argument makes no sense. You may have a SLIGHT point about the Heat, but you're way off base on my other teams.

You do realize that I'm a Blue Jays fan as well right? (although in your defense, I didn't mention that above).

I've been a Seahawks and BC Lions fan since 1987..........same year I started watching the Canucks.

I've been a Canadian all my life and so I naturally cheered Canadian teams during the Olympics. If anything, I can almost be accused of jumping OFF the Canadian bandwagon due to the Canadian media's treatment of the Canucks during the 2011 Finals. I was actually extremely vocal about this subject matter.

Your only legit argument against me is my allegiance to the Miami Heat. NBA has always been my "wildcard" in the sense that I've been loyal to certain players rather than an actual team.

During the 90's, I was a Michael Jordan fan, and followed the Bulls from 1991-1997. I then followed the Grizzlies from 97-00. In 2000, I legitimately did bandwagon jump to the Lakers during the rise of Kobe/Shaq. After Shaq left the Lakers for the Heat, I in turn made the Heat my team as well. I've been following the Heat for the past 10 years (albeit, semi-frequently).

This will be my last season following the Heat before I make a permanent defection to the Portland Trailblazers.........the team I'll make my official NBA team for good.

So yes - You probably do have a point as it relates to my allegiance to the Heat, but you're flat out wrong about my allegiance to the BC Lions, Seahawks, Blue Jays, Team Canada, and the Canucks!
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I don't believe any major sport victory for my country or any of my chosen teams. Will hold a candle to a SC for the canucks.

I have won gold..grey cups and now superbowl...just makes me want the SC more...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

The Brown Knight wrote:
JonT21 wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
LOL.

Your argument makes no sense. You may have a SLIGHT point about the Heat, but you're way off base on my other teams.

You do realize that I'm a Blue Jays fan as well right? (although in your defense, I didn't mention that above).

I've been a Seahawks and BC Lions fan since 1987..........same year I started watching the Canucks.

I've been a Canadian all my life and so I naturally cheered Canadian teams during the Olympics. If anything, I can almost be accused of jumping OFF the Canadian bandwagon due to the Canadian media's treatment of the Canucks during the 2011 Finals. I was actually extremely vocal about this subject matter.

Your only legit argument against me is my allegiance to the Miami Heat. NBA has always been my "wildcard" in the sense that I've been loyal to certain players rather than an actual team.

During the 90's, I was a Michael Jordan fan, and followed the Bulls from 1991-1997. I then followed the Grizzlies from 97-00. In 2000, I legitimately did bandwagon jump to the Lakers during the rise of Kobe/Shaq. After Shaq left the Lakers for the Heat, I in turn made the Heat my team as well. I've been following the Heat for the past 10 years (albeit, semi-frequently).

This will be my last season following the Heat before I make a permanent defection to the Portland Trailblazers.........the team I'll make my official NBA team for good.

So yes - You probably do have a point as it relates to my allegiance to the Heat, but you're flat out wrong about my allegiance to the BC Lions, Seahawks, Blue Jays, Team Canada, and the Canucks!
Oh that must be pretty convenient planning to stop following the heat after this year since the "big 3" are going to be free agents. But you didn't know that.