Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Meds » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:33 pm

Listening to Daniel's post game makes me want to shake Gillis by the neck. Daniel is consistently on a different page than the coaching staff and his teammates when assessing a game. If the coach or a couple of players thinks the team played like shit, then Daniel is happy with the way the team played. Unreal.

Henrik is almost as bad, but not like Dank. No wonder his game is shit right now.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby sagebrush » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Gillis:
We’re going to be all right

Botchford:
His message was a simple one. Don’t expect this team to base any decisions on what has happened in the first six weeks of 2014, no matter how miserable they were. He has the backing of owner Francesco Aquilini, who visited his team here, and is as upbeat as he’s ever been.
User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Meds » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:45 pm

sagebrush wrote:Gillis:
We’re going to be all right

Botchford:
His message was a simple one. Don’t expect this team to base any decisions on what has happened in the first six weeks of 2014, no matter who miserable they were. He has the backing of owner Francesco Aquilini, who visited his team here, and is as upbeat as he’s ever been.


That article was almost stomach churning.

Might as well be telling fans that they don't really give a shit so long as the tickets are still selling.

I wonder if they realize that short of a miracle run to the finals again this team has almost completely lost the fans. I don't mean the Canucks as a brand, but this roster.....
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3528
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby sagebrush » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Performance reassurances by the GM smack of desperation.

If we don't see some roster improvements in the off season a lot of fans are going to be pissed.
Gillis & Aquilini won't sell enough kool-aid to change that.
User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Reefer2 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Meds wrote:
sagebrush wrote:Gillis:
We’re going to be all right

Botchford:
His message was a simple one. Don’t expect this team to base any decisions on what has happened in the first six weeks of 2014, no matter who miserable they were. He has the backing of owner Francesco Aquilini, who visited his team here, and is as upbeat as he’s ever been.


That article was almost stomach churning.

Might as well be telling fans that they don't really give a shit so long as the tickets are still selling.

I wonder if they realize that short of a miracle run to the finals again this team has almost completely lost the fans. I don't mean the Canucks as a brand, but this roster.....


MG cannot seem desperate, he says what is needed to say so if a deal does come along he will make it.

You never negotiate from weakness.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby sagebrush » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:03 pm

Reefer2 wrote: You never negotiate from weakness.

Gillis doesn't have to do any quick trades - unless the owner demands it. Lets hope not. That would be negotiating from weakness. That would be almost as bad as having to shed contracts to meet a new cap limit.

The type of trades Gillis explores will tell if he is more concerned about making the playoffs than building for the future.

Gillis' desperation to save his ass could be a good thing, if it results in changes that improve the club next season. Maybe there's been too much complacency. I smell blood in the water. ;)
User avatar
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Jovocop » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:23 pm

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Strangelove » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:06 pm



Whoa, he bagged a beaut this time!
____
Big Dog
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:19 pm

I would have thought Miss teen South Carolina and D Booth would have made an excellent match
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby herb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I would have thought Miss teen South Carolina and D Booth would have made an excellent match


:lol:

I personally believe that US Americans, such as the David Booth, are unable to be productive hockey players because many US Americans don’t have maps. I believe if our coaching was, duh, better, in everywhere such as, Tampa Bay, that our coaching here in Vancouver should help the education in the Swiss and German leagues to be able to build up our future.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Cornuck » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:44 pm

I'm guessing Booth had to propose while he still had a job.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4935
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Uncle dans leg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:10 pm

herb wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I would have thought Miss teen South Carolina and D Booth would have made an excellent match


:lol:

I personally believe that US Americans, such as the David Booth, are unable to be productive hockey players because many US Americans don’t have maps. I believe if our coaching was, duh, better, in everywhere such as, Tampa Bay, that our coaching here in Vancouver should help the education in the Swiss and German leagues to be able to build up our future.

Oh fuck dude thats good!
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:20 pm

She don't look like no Christian woman to me. :mrgreen: more like a temptress.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4440
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby herb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:She don't look like no Christian woman to me. :mrgreen: more like a temptress.


I was thinking more like an adult movie star...
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby herb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Cornuck wrote:I'm guessing Booth had to propose while he still had a job.


Luckily for Booth, he shouldn't need a job once he gets his $3M buyout cheque in July (not to mention the earnings he has made to date)...it could be all hunting, all the time for Davey boy come summer 2014!
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2366
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest