Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Benjo »

It seems Aquilini came along on this road trip according to Botch on his post game write up.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benjo wrote:It seems Aquilini came along on this road trip according to Botch on his post game write up.
Well, hope he comes out of it having fired both Do Nothing Gillis and the Drama Queen Torterella.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Listening to Daniel's post game makes me want to shake Gillis by the neck. Daniel is consistently on a different page than the coaching staff and his teammates when assessing a game. If the coach or a couple of players thinks the team played like shit, then Daniel is happy with the way the team played. Unreal.

Henrik is almost as bad, but not like Dank. No wonder his game is shit right now.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Gillis:

Botchford:
His message was a simple one. Don’t expect this team to base any decisions on what has happened in the first six weeks of 2014, no matter how miserable they were. He has the backing of owner Francesco Aquilini, who visited his team here, and is as upbeat as he’s ever been.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

sagebrush wrote:Gillis:

Botchford:
His message was a simple one. Don’t expect this team to base any decisions on what has happened in the first six weeks of 2014, no matter who miserable they were. He has the backing of owner Francesco Aquilini, who visited his team here, and is as upbeat as he’s ever been.
That article was almost stomach churning.

Might as well be telling fans that they don't really give a shit so long as the tickets are still selling.

I wonder if they realize that short of a miracle run to the finals again this team has almost completely lost the fans. I don't mean the Canucks as a brand, but this roster.....
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Performance reassurances by the GM smack of desperation.

If we don't see some roster improvements in the off season a lot of fans are going to be pissed.
Gillis & Aquilini won't sell enough kool-aid to change that.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote:
sagebrush wrote:Gillis:

Botchford:
His message was a simple one. Don’t expect this team to base any decisions on what has happened in the first six weeks of 2014, no matter who miserable they were. He has the backing of owner Francesco Aquilini, who visited his team here, and is as upbeat as he’s ever been.
That article was almost stomach churning.

Might as well be telling fans that they don't really give a shit so long as the tickets are still selling.

I wonder if they realize that short of a miracle run to the finals again this team has almost completely lost the fans. I don't mean the Canucks as a brand, but this roster.....
MG cannot seem desperate, he says what is needed to say so if a deal does come along he will make it.

You never negotiate from weakness.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Reefer2 wrote: You never negotiate from weakness.
Gillis doesn't have to do any quick trades - unless the owner demands it. Lets hope not. That would be negotiating from weakness. That would be almost as bad as having to shed contracts to meet a new cap limit.

The type of trades Gillis explores will tell if he is more concerned about making the playoffs than building for the future.

Gillis' desperation to save his ass could be a good thing, if it results in changes that improve the club next season. Maybe there's been too much complacency. I smell blood in the water. ;)
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Whoa, he bagged a beaut this time!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I would have thought Miss teen South Carolina and D Booth would have made an excellent match
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I would have thought Miss teen South Carolina and D Booth would have made an excellent match
:lol:

I personally believe that US Americans, such as the David Booth, are unable to be productive hockey players because many US Americans don’t have maps. I believe if our coaching was, uh, better, in everywhere such as, Tampa Bay, that our coaching here in Vancouver should help the education in the Swiss and German leagues to be able to build up our future.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm guessing Booth had to propose while he still had a job.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

herb wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I would have thought Miss teen South Carolina and D Booth would have made an excellent match
:lol:

I personally believe that US Americans, such as the David Booth, are unable to be productive hockey players because many US Americans don’t have maps. I believe if our coaching was, uh, better, in everywhere such as, Tampa Bay, that our coaching here in Vancouver should help the education in the Swiss and German leagues to be able to build up our future.
Oh fuck dude thats good!
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

She don't look like no Christian woman to me. :mrgreen: more like a temptress.
The only HW the Canucks need