GDT: Cannots @ Laughs - 15:00PST CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Cannots @ Laughs - 15:00PST CBC

Post by Hockey Widow »

The only hing worse than trying to watch this game was trying to watch the Canadian coverage of the Olympics. Between Ron McLean and all the commercials they are pretty unbearable. I feel like I'm watching one big F'ing commercial, even on their app!!!

Enjoy the break. We have our work cut out for us when we get back. Let's hope no Canucks get injured, that our injured recover in time to return after the break, that Kassian doesn't put on too much weight and MG and crew come up with a plan.

Somehow I think if we make the playoffs MG will breath easier and when we get knocked out first round the injury excuse will reign. Of course that's if we make the playoffs.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

The biggest problem is they are all gay. They wouldn't even allowed to play in Russia. Maybe it helps if they're outing themselves. Thanks for the break now...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
dbr wrote:Eighteen days until anyone has to wash their sheets again.
fyp.

The urine crew is hopefully going to take an Olympic breather. Though I'm sure one tranny lover will be all over Team Canada after the first goal against. USA !!! USA!! USA!!
Listen Blobby Dos Equies, as long as your Boi Bold Moves/The Process keeps shitting the bed, we will be pissing all over it, until that changes, enjoy the golden shower
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mondi wrote:Running out of gas is kinda bullshit, the other teams play the same amount of games.

I think Torts is an average (or slightly above) coach with a below average team (given the almost unbelievable injuries), and a below average GM.

If I had to guess I'd say Daniel is hurt pretty badly.
The Tampa Bay Lightning have been playing very good hockey without the services of arguably the 2nd best player in the game after Crosby - Steven Stamkos. No excuses. I was at the Stamkos less Lightning game here where they beat us, a well coached team of nobodies, big, fast, young and strong, but what struck me most, the Lightning seemed to be playing for their coach while our players weren't, we look confused out there

Gillis and Torts need to go, bottom line
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Gillis and Torts need to go, bottom line
It's all part of the process...destroy what confidence the group has leading into a major rebuild. We wont miss the players as they're moved out for futures...
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Hockey Widow wrote:The only hing worse than trying to watch this game was trying to watch the Canadian coverage of the Olympics. Between Ron McLean and all the commercials they are pretty unbearable. I feel like I'm watching one big F'ing commercial, even on their app!!!
Enjoy the break. We have our work cut out for us when we get back. Let's hope no Canucks get injured, that our injured recover in time to return after the break, that Kassian doesn't put on too much weight and MG and crew come up with a plan.

Somehow I think if we make the playoffs MG will breath easier and when we get knocked out first round the injury excuse will reign. Of course that's if we make the playoffs.
Then watch NBC instead. I think the opening ceremonies is just started on there.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mondi wrote:Remember when Gillis won GM of the year? ...whatever.
With a core he inherited. But now that the core is becoming old hat and that he hasn't added any significant core pieces to the forward group we find ourselves no longer playing at an elite level. Nice work Mike
Yup. Burke/Nonis did all the hard work.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

CBC=Canucks Broadcasting Corporation.

They were massive homers all night for you boys. Hughson/Simpson had the excuses ready.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote:CBC=Canucks Broadcasting Corporation.

They were massive homers all night for you boys. Hughson/Simpson had the excuses ready.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What a troll.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Mëds wrote:
BigTuna wrote:CBC=Canucks Broadcasting Corporation.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What a troll.
It's true. They love you guys.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

I have nothing to add, I was just tired of seeing BigTuna's name on the board index every time I come here