I think we all need to give Royaldude his props here

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: I think we all need to give Royaldude his props here

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Trading three players, Burrows, Hansen and Edler should change the culture and core and garner some nice overall combined returns. It would clear a nice chunk of cap and open up roster spots. Those are the three I would be trying to move. Buy out Booth and reset for next season.

Burrows has ZERO value. Easily one of the league's worst contracts and will likely be a cbo candidate along with Luongo.

Edler is playing poorly so his value is lower than it should be right now. Trading him now is poor asset management not to mention the ntc.

Hansen should absolutley be auctioned off if they can get good value back.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Props to RD for leading a pack of half wit babies with bladder problems. Brillaint fucking thread ....what's next a thread honoring the Pauser ?

RD has gotten two or three things right in his constant whining over the last five years. Even a blind mongoloid with a hairlip could hit for that average. Throw enough shit up against the wall and wow a few chunks stick.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I would like to respond to all these comments/responses, but cannot unfortunately.

I'll say this though:

The absolute WORST thing that we can do at this point in my opinion, is try and add 'pieces' to this core at the expense of future draft picks and prospects.

This core is dead. Just like the Flames' core was dead in 2009 and the leaves' core was dead in 2003.

As much as I've lambasted Gillis in this thread, I will concede the fact that bringing in Horvat and drafting Gaunce/Shinkaruk was pretty decent. Corrado, Tanev, and Lack are good pieces as well. I also like Lain and Sestito and think that they will be strong role players for us.

Lets bring in pieces for that core.

Keep Garrison and Hamhuis since they are loyal BC boys. Keep the Sedin twins to mentor the next generation. Keep all of Kassian, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Tanev, Corrado, Jensen, Lack, Lain, and Sestito.

Everyone else = trade bait!
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Trading three players, Burrows, Hansen and Edler should change the culture and core and garner some nice overall combined returns. It would clear a nice chunk of cap and open up roster spots. Those are the three I would be trying to move. Buy out Booth and reset for next season.

Burrows has ZERO value. Easily one of the league's worst contracts and will likely be a cbo candidate along with Luongo.

Edler is playing poorly so his value is lower than it should be right now. Trading him now is poor asset management not to mention the ntc.

Hansen should absolutley be auctioned off if they can get good value back.
When was the last time you saw a couple of core players dealt out of any organization while they were currently playing at the top of their games? Trades involving players like Burrows and Edler almost always occur when the team is in an 18 man funk and it is time for a reset. They both have good value right now Blobby, your just stuck on the bitter bus lately.

Edler is worth at least a 1st round pick from any team, and Burrows should fetch a top prospect or 1st round pick from a contender.....although in the case of Burrows for a pick I hope it is for something after 2014 because this year looks to have a weaker draft than what we've seen lately and what is projected in 2015.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: I would like to respond to all these comments/responses, but cannot unfortunately.
Could you at least tell us what you're doing to dude's peg-leg in that pic? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Burrows has ZERO value. Easily one of the league's worst contracts and will likely be a cbo candidate along with Luongo.
Bob Mckenzie just said the other day that GMs realize Burrows has been derailed by injuries and has value.

Pretty much the entire hockey world knows he'll bounce back to some degree eventually.

Since the summer of 2008 he is one/two with Daniel in goal-scoring.

Not bad for a guy who is renowned as one of the best penalty-killers in the league.

A guy who switches to centre when asked, without bitching.

You better believe he has value..... Bucko!

Having said that, his value probably peaked 2 off-seasons ago.

But if you're right and his value is "ZERO" at this point is the season from hell... best to hang onto him then.

Odds are, at the very least, he returns to the 3rd line and is one of the best 3rd-liners in the league.

Sure he would be overpaid as a 3rd-liner, but only by a million or so in a $70m max-cap world. :mex:

Admit it Blob, you just can't deal with Burrows' personality.

You're a frustrated Canuck fan who has chosen your whipping boy and that's the end of it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doc you bet your ass I don't like Burrows. Maybe I am just being a troll kinda like someone else has for the last five years . What if his stat line is 50 1 g 5 a -20 at the end of the year ? Still wanna keep him around ?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Doc you bet your ass I don't like Burrows. Maybe I am just being a troll kinda like someone else has for the last five years . What if his stat line is 50 1 g 5 a -20 at the end of the year ? Still wanna keep him around ?
If Burrows is still here at the end of the season and his stat line reads as above.....then hell yes I wanna keep him around. His trade value would be pretty good still, but other GM's would strong arm Gillis and we would get jack shit for him. At the time we might shrug it off, but when he bounces back up to 40 points suddenly we're feeling pretty foolish for showing endless patience with so many guys for so many seasons but dealing Bur after an injury plagued season where the whole team sucked and he had one brutal year.

Give your head a shake Blob. You are seriously starting to sound (when it comes to Burrows at least) a lot like some other dude around here that we all know.....and we all know you are way better than that.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Doc you bet your ass I don't like Burrows.
This is a "French thing" isn't it. :mex:

As I recall, you didn't like Lappy very much either, hmmm....
Blob Mckenzie wrote: What if his stat line is 50 1 g 5 a -20 at the end of the year ? Still wanna keep him around ?
Oui monsieur.
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: I would like to respond to all these comments/responses, but cannot unfortunately.
Could you at least tell us what you're doing to dude's peg-leg in that pic? :drink:
Lol.

C'mon Doc, you know me better than that.

The only Toronto-based sports team that I'll ever cheer, is my childhood baseball team the Toronto Blue Jays. Too much childhood loyalty and memories of us winning the World Series will ever prevent me from changing that. Despite them sucking copious amounts of negro ball sack these past 20 years, I still cheer them year after year.

I don't like any other Toronto based sports organizations.

I'll always be a Canucks fan.

For me though - I think I do need an extended break from the game. I tried to "make it work" after the Cup loss in 2011, but the game simply changed for me after the cup loss. The viritrol directed towards Vancouver was a bit much for me to stomach (be that from rival media, rival fans, etc., etc.). The incompetence and possible corrpution from the league also left an unbelievable bad taste in my mouth. I've obviously stuck around a few years since then, but it's been a few years too long.

The pic of you having me paddling away from the sinking Canucks ship is somewhat accurate, but it's not fully accurate.

I ain't going to support the leaves bro. Not now, not ever.

Instead - I'm going to 'expand my horizons' so to speak and cheer on other Sports that I normally wouldn't follow.

Vancouver has a pro soccer team do they not? :P

3-5 years from now, if or when my love for Hockey comes back, I'll be back as a fan. I'll obviously read the headlines every day to keep tabs though.

And who knows............stranger things have happened before. Maybe in 2015-2016, we make a cup run. I'll be at West Georgia and Hamilton again at the CBC if this happens.

GO CANUCKS.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: The only Toronto-based sports team that I'll ever cheer, is my childhood baseball team the Toronto Blue Jays.
This puts you in the same boat as hardcore Leaf fans.

Think about it: You've been snuggling up to hardcore Leaf fans all your live-long BJ days.

I'm sorry but that's just disgusting.

You need to purify your soul.
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doc ...giving him a hard days knight...no :?:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Props? How many crutches does RD need?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote:Doc ...giving him a hard days knight...no :?:
It's called 'tough love' Ratski. :hmmm:

The Great Strangelove has always been one of GM's biggest fans.

All this hobnobbing with Leaf fans has got to stop, for HIS sake.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Props? How many crutches does RD need?
He's broken in SO many ways...
____
Try to focus on someday.