GDT: Canucks @ Bruins - 16:00PST SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Bruins - 16:00PST SNETP

Post by dbr »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Hey but the depleted Canucks still have a better track record than the Kings without injuries in the last 10 games..... :shock:
It is simply amazing that the Canucks haven't lost significant ground to that team. Their entire team except Kopitar was shut out for six games in a row..
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:
Cookie La Rue wrote:Hey but the depleted Canucks still have a better track record than the Kings without injuries in the last 10 games..... :shock:
It is simply amazing that the Canucks haven't lost significant ground to that team. Their entire team except Kopitar was shut out for six games in a row..
Still wouldn't want to play the Quick Kings in the playoffs, we've seen how Quick this team can flip the switch, they weren't playing good hockey before the playoffs the year they won the cup
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:
dbr wrote:
Still wouldn't want to play the Quick Kings in the playoffs, we've seen how Quick this team can flip the switch, they weren't playing good hockey before the playoffs the year they won the cup
Hey thanks for actually responding to something I said.

The Kings were the best defensive team in the league that year and if I recall one of the best possession teams too.

They just couldn't buy a goal that year, and dumping their worst regular player (JJ) for Jeff Carter was a brilliant move.

I wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs this year either but honestly I wouldn't want to face any Western team in the playoffs unless Winnipeg or Dallas sneak in with the last wildcard spot. It's going to be a short run for the Canucks if they do get in..
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

I knew things were bad, but just checked...

4-11-3 in last 18. Wow.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Is this what rebuilding is going to be like?? Faaaaaack.

Corrado and Sauve are getting absolutely shredded out there. Trial by fire I suppose, but these two are clearly not ready for NHL action.

Kesler’s back check on the Lucic goal was brutal. Kassian, Hansen or Booth would have been benched had they made that sort of poor effort.

I don’t understand what happened to Daniel Sedin. A Canucks blogger on twitter commented that he is like Michael Jordan in Space Jam when his basketball powers got sucked out of him by those evil aliens…that’s the truest assessment I have read to date.

Henrik should not be playing. I get that he’s our captain and best player, but watching him avoid contact and grimace on the bench is painful for me. Busted up ribs are no fun and I couldn’t imagine playing professional-contact-hockey with a rib injury.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:Is this what rebuilding is going to be like?? Faaaaaack.
Only if Gillis hangs on to the core. Blowing it up now is the only way to ensure a relatively fast rebuild.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Diaz' composed & alert play was out of character with the rest of the Canucks. It was highlighted by the fact that other Canucks have more talent, but didn't show it.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.