GDT: Canucks @ Red Wings - 16:30 PST SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Red Wings - 16:30 PST SNETP

Post by dhabums »

Lancer wrote: Please fucking tell me that Weise was just the first turd pebble to start an organization-changing shit-slide over the cliff to bury this miserable fuck-the-fan-up-the-ass season.
Not that there is anything wrong with it, but lots of fans would be totally into that.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

5thhorseman wrote:Didn't catch the whole game but most of it on PVR, and even then fast-forwarded some bits (the shame, the shame) but have to agree it was a totally lacklustre effort. Wonder if players are just biding time till the Olympics seeing as they had no problem motivating themselves during the first period against the Hawks the other day.

Hopefully the Weise move for Riaz is to open up trading options. I'm on board with the retool not rebuild theory by moving valuable mature players for younger up`n comers.
Shame?

I've stopped pausing the game when I have to leave the room. Or the city.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Edler and Garrison suck big time. Both are too slow and weak. How could they constantly lose battles to those small Wings forwards along the board.?

A dirty play by Tartar and none of the Canucks went after him. I thought they were playing for each other after the LA game. Where the hell is the toughness? Even a soft Detroit team can take advantage of them physically....
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Jovocop wrote:Edler and Garrison suck big time. Both are too slow and weak. How could they constantly lose battles to those small Wings forwards along the board.?

A dirty play by Tartar and none of the Canucks went after him. I thought they were playing for each other after the LA game. Where the hell is the toughness? Even a soft Detroit team can take advantage of them physically....
Too busy mailing it in.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:How did Detroits amazing draft pick steals look? Tatar Mëds?
Was at work, didn't see the game, sorry.

Getting shutout and outworked by the Detroit Geriatrics says enough though. Blow them the fuck up. :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Love Torts.

On Booth:

I thought he was our best forward tonight. That's good for him and bad for our hockey club. When he is our best forward that says a lot about our team.

On change:

We need to change the complexion of our hockey club, either through our play or with different players.

On the team:

I'm worried, real worried. We look like a tired, slow uninspired team. It's concerning.

Talk about a shot MG. He went on to say that we need to find players who can create offence and he is tired of looking at the same old thing. A shot at the twins, Kesler, burrows. Maybe we should trade the twins :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Here's some numbers for you.

1. There was only 1 player that made this game worth watching and that was Eddie Lack. Eddie was the only player playing tonight and he made some brilliant saves in the third. Especially impressive was that glove hand save when he was on his belly.

4. 4 fucking goals is what this band of retards have scored for Eddie Lack in his last 5 games which includes being shut out 3 times against such power houses like Phoenix (12th in the league for goals for), LA (29th) and Detroit (19th).

3. The Canucks managed 3 shots in the third at the defensive juggernaut that is Detroit tonight with their first shot coming at 14:24 into the period. And actually classifying that as a shot is generous. I would probably classify it as more of a pass to Howard.

0. That's how I feel right now supporting this team. Tonight was really bad. At least in Winnipeg there was actually a bit of push back which made for quite an entertaining game. Tonight, they absolutely mailed it in and the only reason why the score wasn't 4 zip or 5 zip was because of Lack.

It's one thing to go through the motions, its an entirely different thing to flip your amazing back up goalie the bird. and getting shut out means exactly that. IE. "It really doesn't matter how good or bad Lack played"

FUCK OFF WITH THAT TYPE OF MENTALITY.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Reefer2 wrote:All I am happy about is that a crapy season will force Fish man to make MG either shake this team up or he will be gone. MG was hamstrung because of the cap but frack he is way to player friendly.
Well he won't be hamstrung by the cap anymore - only by all of the NTC's handed out like dinner mints. :mad:
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:All I am happy about is that a crapy season will force Fish man to make MG either shake this team up or he will be gone. MG was hamstrung because of the cap but frack he is way to player friendly.
Well he won't be hamstrung by the cap anymore - only by all of the NTC's handed out like dinner mints. :mad:
After a couple more months of Tortorella, I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of those NTC-holders agree to waive them if asked. It just needs to happen.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Lancer wrote: After a couple more months of Tortorella, I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of those NTC-holders agree to waive them if asked. It just needs to happen.
No
Tortorella
Clause