GDT: Canucks @ Red Wings - 16:30 PST SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Red Wings - 16:30 PST SNETP

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote:
dhabums wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Burr is the opposite of clutch this season.
Automatic?
I would recommend that Burr take a seat up in the pressbox tomorrow if our forward depth wasn't so freakin bad.
Bring up some toughness and sit him.

Lose the game, win the battle.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

rats19 wrote:Lack sure didn't deserve this....
Fuck Lack, I don't deserve this.

:D
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I feel bad for Torts
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Paging the Dude.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Burrows is what's wrong with the world, I blame poverty on him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Not that it matters, but I'd like to hear a reason for the Kesler penalty at the end. Because it's a pretty great ******* idea to be able to grab a team's top scorer in the last minutes and have Tim Peel send him off for being grabbed.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Daniel Sedin, no goals in 16 games. Ouch
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:Burrows is what's wrong with the world, I blame poverty on him
Amazing really, the Dude Signal takes less than a minute to arrive.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I really want this slump to end. I want off this ride. This ride sucks. Fuck this ride. Worst fucking ride in the world.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm always close at hand, you can count on me
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

mathonwy wrote:I really want this slump to end. I want off this ride. This ride sucks. Fuck this ride. Worst fucking ride in the world.
Just starting paying attention to central scouting. See those guys in the top 10?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

How did Detroits amazing draft pick steals look? Tatar Mëds?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

All I am happy about is that a crapy season will force Fish man to make MG either shake this team up or he will be gone. MG was hamstrung because of the cap but frack he is way to player friendly.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

mathonwy wrote:I really want this slump to end. I want off this ride. This ride sucks. Fuck this ride. Worst fucking ride in the world.
This ride doesn't look like it's going to end any time before the Olympic break. Frankly, no guarantees they'll start off any better afterwards. My hope is that both twins break a collarbone or a foot bone and take the rest of the season off. The team couldn't possibly be worse with them on IR.
mathonwy wrote:
rats19 wrote:Lack sure didn't deserve this....
Fuck Lack, I don't deserve this.

:D
No shit. He was the only Canuck to show up tonight.

This was the most pathetic, vomit-inducing, embarrassing, pussy-shit effort I have seen out of the Canucks since I can't even remember. I need to see an expert to explain why I stuck around to watch it to it's lame-wristed conclusion.

They didn't play to win. They didn't play to even score a fucking goal. They didn't play for each other. They didn't play for their coach. They played to not get scored on (yup, couldn't even get that one right, though Lack did his best) and to fuck with the offense.

They played to look like they gave an effort out there. Make a pass, but put too much or take just enough off it that the pass will get blocked or go out of reach of a teammate. When in doubt, whack it somewhere in the vicinity of a teammate where it will get picked off or meander harmlessly to the boards. If, God forbid, you should find yourself in a scoring position, put it right into his pads if you can't lift your shot into the goalie's crest. Make plays that look like plays, but are really half-hearted attempts to insult the fans' collective intelligence. As long as the score is close, it's not too painful or embarrassing and everyone can just shrug their shoulders and mumble something about 'puck luck' and 'fighting through it' or some other lame-ass cop-out.

They didn't try out there - they just tried to look like they were before the Olympians get to risk injury for the privilege of playing on a real team while the rest of the blue-green fecal matter stinks up some tropical locale.

What a fucking rip-off.

Please fucking tell me that Weise was just the first turd pebble to start an organization-changing shit-slide over the cliff to bury this miserable fuck-the-fan-up-the-ass season.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Didn't catch the whole game but most of it on PVR, and even then fast-forwarded some bits (the shame, the shame) but have to agree it was a totally lacklustre effort. Wonder if players are just biding time till the Olympics seeing as they had no problem motivating themselves during the first period against the Hawks the other day.

Hopefully the Weise move for Riaz is to open up trading options. I'm on board with the retool not rebuild theory by moving valuable mature players for younger up`n comers.