NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Post by Carl Yagro »

Well, one of my demons has just been exorcised! Now I hope to live long enough to see a parade (and not another riot) in VanCity.

Long live the ghosts of Jim Zorn, Dave Krieg and Steve Largent!

Death to Horseface and the horse he rode in on! (Sorry LB).
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I will die a happy man.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hank wrote:Well, one of my demons has just been exorcised! Now I hope to live long enough to see a parade (and not another riot) in VanCity.

Long live the ghosts of Jim Zorn, Dave Krieg and Steve Largent!

Death to Horseface and the horse he rode in on! (Sorry LB).

^this. Normally I'd hate a Super Bowl blowout, but this one ROCKED!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Topper wrote:BOLD Prediction

While everyone is talking Legion of Boom vs Manning, I see Avril, Bennett, Irving, Clemons, Wagner and Wright forcing Manning out of the pocket as the key to Seattle's defence. Payton runs the two minute drill to finish the game with a headset, clipboard and crutches.

On offence, while Lynch plugs away inside wearing Knighton down, it will be Harvin lining up in the back field and scorching the Denver defence on the outside with runs and screens before going deep about the time jello is being served at the Bronco DB's nursing home.

Go Hawks!
Goats throw ducks!

Once again, I nailed it.

Manning couldn't function in the collapsing pocket and the "Hawks front got to his arm. Again and Again and Again.

Harvin running to the outside and outside wideout screens.

Highlight of the game was a four year old running across the living room yelling GO HAWKS to give his Dad a high five when Maxwell stripped Thomas for a fumble in the third quarter,

Game Over.

Go Hawks
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

A shit kicking. That was a shit kicking.

And I loved every minute of it.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

I feel sorry for Peyton, as I feel that he played the role of Roberto Luongo in this game.

Having said that - it feels great to see the Seahawks win. I almost gave up on these guys a few years ago to become a Michael Vick-lead Eagles fan. Thankfully..........I didn't.

Topper was bang on with his predictions, but I also made one great prediction as well (I can't remember if I said it on here, but I said it).

Seattle had never faced an offense like Denver's, and Denver had never faced a defense like Seattle's. After the first quarter, or first half, one of these teams were going to realize that they were in over their heads. As it turned out, it was Denver that was in over their heads.

I've followed the Hawks since the days of Steve Largent and Dave Kreig from the late 80's, and words cannot describe how this feels right now. Completely surreal.

I think I can finally put the nightmare of 2011 to rest now..................for good.

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

WOOHOOOO!

SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY about in the Pacific NorthWest! haha

*highfives!*
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: I think I can finally put the nightmare of 2011 to rest now..................for good.
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: I think I can finally put the nightmare of 2011 to rest now..................for good.
LOL.

Strangelove.

You Monkey! :evil:

p.s.________________Hope everyone is well here. Been super busy. Will try and post if I have some time. I'd say to you guys, "I'll be back for the playoffs," but are we even going to make it this year?

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Knight wrote:I feel sorry for Peyton, as I feel that he played the role of Roberto Luongo in this game.
Until the media spotlight falls on the poor play of the Denver O-Line the story will remain with the hype the media made going into this game 1) Manning vs the LOB, 2) Manning vs the Seattle D, 3) The best O vs the best D.

Manning made some very poor decisions once the pressure built. He could have swallowed some of those balls instead of tossing up ducks. Do you blame Thomas for the fumble Maxwell punched out and hang the goat horns on him? What about Fox/Gasse sticking with what was clearly not working?

The game was won and lost in the trenches as most great football games are.

Something to note on Harvin's K/O return, his slight stutter step forcing three Broncos to collide and take themselves out of the play. After that, a kicker stood in the way.

With Smith being the MVP, finally Ken Norton's crew gets some much deserved attention.

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Arachnid wrote:as I played High School football.
Sorry Ronaldo, but being the first ever male cheerleader on your highschool football team doesn't count :-p
Denver Head

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Topper wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:I feel sorry for Peyton, as I feel that he played the role of Roberto Luongo in this game.
Until the media spotlight falls on the poor play of the Denver O-Line the story will remain with the hype the media made going into this game 1) Manning vs the LOB, 2) Manning vs the Seattle D, 3) The best O vs the best D.

Manning made some very poor decisions once the pressure built. He could have swallowed some of those balls instead of tossing up ducks. Do you blame Thomas for the fumble Maxwell punched out and hang the goat horns on him? What about Fox/Gasse sticking with what was clearly not working?

The game was won and lost in the trenches as most great football games are.

Something to note on Harvin's K/O return, his slight stutter step forcing three Broncos to collide and take themselves out of the play. After that, a kicker stood in the way.

With Smith being the MVP, finally Ken Norton's crew gets some much deserved attention.
All great points Topper. I completely agree. Great call on your predictions by the way (re: Manning - pocket).

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

SKYO wrote:WOOHOOOO!

SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY about in the Pacific NorthWest! haha

*highfives!*
High fives for sure homie.

P.s.__________I don't know about you guys, but I've pretty much seen all my teams win now. Blue Jays, BC Lions, Miami Heat, Team Canada Men's Hockey, Seattle Seahawks, Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Brock Lesnar, Mike Tyson, Floyd Money Mayweather, Tiger Woods, Cain Valasquez, Chael Sonnen, and last....and probably least.....my favorite WWE Superstars. :-p. Hell, even for World Cup soccer, Italy is my adopted World Cup team and they won in 2006.

All my teams have won the grand-daddy of them all...........except one......and it's the one I care about the most.

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Seahawk's defence relentlessly push Manning from New Jersey clear the other side of Montana.

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Topper wrote:Seahawk's defence relentlessly push Manning from New Jersey clear the other side of Montana.
Agreed.

Having said that, I do feel for the guy. When you look at his overall stats in the game, they weren't too shabby.

Everyone else around him flat out sucked though.

Unfortunately for Manning, he will get far more criticism than he probably deserves.

Him and Luongo should share a bed together.

The Dark Indian Rises