Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by RyanGinger »

Any bottom-6 Hansen-like players out there? Just wondering.
22-33-17
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The future has passed..for now we wait..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

That wasn't RD's left leg, nor was it his right.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Vancouver Canucks @VanCanucks
#Canucks have acquired defenceman Raphael Diaz from Montreal in exchange for Dale Weise. Formal announcement to follow.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

^ Another small defenceman...yay!

Weise had really lost his way this year, so no big deal there. I wonder if Archibald will get called up now?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And now a Booth for Erat swap would be nice, as DBR says headache for headache. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Would like to target Emerson Etem and Sami Vatanen from Anaheim.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The_Pauser wrote:Would like to target Emerson Etem and Sami Vatanen from Anaheim.
They'd really want Bieksa probably, too bad we gotta wait till the summer for the big NTC waivin' trades.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If the team is in the tank and the players know change is coming more than a few may be willing to waive to go to a contender. After all, the party is over in Vancouver and they all want a cup.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Letang is out indefinitely with an undiagnosed illness. Wonder if they would like Edler, Luongo??
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:If the team is in the tank and the players know change is coming more than a few may be willing to waive to go to a contender. After all, the party is over in Vancouver and they all want a cup.
Seems to me that ol NTC chestnut is really a non issue. If the team wants to move a guy with a NTC and its to a reasonable team with a reasonable spot on the roster...what's a guy gonna do, call his agent to nix the deal and become a NHL pariah?
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

ukcanuck wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:If the team is in the tank and the players know change is coming more than a few may be willing to waive to go to a contender. After all, the party is over in Vancouver and they all want a cup.
Seems to me that ol NTC chestnut is really a non issue. If the team wants to move a guy with a NTC and its to a reasonable team with a reasonable spot on the roster...what's a guy gonna do, call his agent to nix the deal and become a NHL pariah?
I agree, the NTC barrier is not the clause itself but whether Gillis feels like it will make negotiating cap friendly deals down the road more difficult. But at this point, it hardly matters and I imagine a few of those guys with NTCs would not object to getting out from under Torts or the whole situation. I'd be keeping Kesler, but otherwise, I'd be seeing what you can get for anyone. No panic deals though. You can just imagine the vulture calls Gillis is getting now..."hey, I'll take Edler for a 2nd round pick and some guy we drafted way back whose name I forget...but's he's got potential!"

The model for a trade for Gillis is the Goligoski for James Neal deal, but I'm not sure he'll find a GM as dumb as Neuwendyk to pull that off.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Adding fuel to the fire with his post-game comments.....
Torts wrote: "We need to change the complexion of our hockey club, either with our play or with different people, because we looked like a slow hockey team tonight," noted Tortorella. "We're going to keep on banging away to try and get better, but it's very frustrating to see the same looks. It worries me. I'll leave it at that."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: 1. Bad luck on the injury front, both in the timing and the individuals in question.
I think if injuries are going to be a concern for the next few years, we need more center/wingers, especially for the 2nd/3rd line.

For the Edler trade MG should target Philly and Detroit, those teams have the best probable chances of both sides including Edler giving the ok for a deal.

Both Flyers, Wings have a C/LW in Phi. B Schenn and Det. Nyquist.

Detroit also has Abdelkader another C/W, he would absolutely solidify our 3rd line.

Before Nyquist's value goes up and up, MG should start this big trade talk now with a final deal done after the season is over.
My ideal: Edler+Gaunce for Nyquist, Abdelkader, pick.
Now before you guys say how horrible that is, you guys need to get up to date on this Nyquist fella, he's gonna be a star, good IQ, vision, passing skills and a good shot.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The good thing about the players on the core that MG may want to trade is that, for the most part, they have reasonable contracts and cap. A team trading for them won't be trading for a rental. This could be a good thing at the trade dead line and over the summer. Teams will get players with term. It's not like he would be trading players that are pending UFA.