Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Lancer »

BTW, what about a kid like Chris Stewart? He would likely cost Vancouver some higher picks and/or prospects, but I can see him being a good top-6 option who Torts can work with like he has with Kassian. Don't know how keen StL is with dealing within the conference but they did deal Perron to Edmonchuk.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Generally speaking I find most of RSN's writer's to be annoying hacks.....although some of that is just because their on-screen personalities leave me so jaded. But this was, IMO, a somewhat redeeming article for Mark Spector.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/vanc ... h-purpose/

Gene Principe and Roger Millions are still a complete embarrassment to sports reporting.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

SKYO wrote:
But the prize is Brayden, he'd immediately help our top 6 now and for the future can play 2nd line center or LW alongside RK17.
No frickin way Philly would give up Brayden. With Giroux suddenly becoming very inconsistent at hitting the score sheet, Brayden has been one of the few bright spots in their secondary scoring group.

And I think if you even mention the word Schenn, you'd have Holmgren seeing red with JVR having such break out year in TO while Luke's crapping the bed with a whole 7 points and a -4 +/-,
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:Generally speaking I find most of RSN's writer's to be annoying hacks.....although some of that is just because their on-screen personalities leave me so jaded. But this was, IMO, a somewhat redeeming article for Mark Spector.
Gene Principe and Roger Millions are still a complete embarrassment to sports reporting.
I gotta attribute this sudden non-bias perspective of Spector's from his hanging around in Vancouver as I've been noticed that he's been on the Nuck's broadcast for the last few games.

His article is surprisingly quite a good one. It's well written and doesn't take any cheap shots at the team (and there are plenty of shots to take). Could it be that Spector has turned a new leaf???

:stupid:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

mathonwy wrote:
Mëds wrote:Generally speaking I find most of RSN's writer's to be annoying hacks.....although some of that is just because their on-screen personalities leave me so jaded. But this was, IMO, a somewhat redeeming article for Mark Spector.
I gotta attribute this sudden non-bias perspective of Spector's from his hanging around in Vancouver as I've been noticed that he's been on the Nuck's broadcast for the last few games.

His article is surprisingly quite a good one. It's well written and doesn't take any cheap shots at the team (and there are plenty of shots to take). Could it be that Spector has turned a new leaf???

:stupid:
Here's hoping so, because quite honestly the RSN writers have been a distant second to some of the TSN guys, and with Rogers getting all of the broadcasts starting next season, I was really not looking forward to having to put up with some of their writers who sit in on panels.

And to be honest, Spector might just be the new Mike Brophy. A half-decent, if somewhat annoying, sports columnist who just has an on-screen personality that you just want to shoot in the face with rock salt.

If Gene Principe starts showing up on the Canucks games, coupled with the team's lousy play, I might stop watching. :P
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

mathonwy wrote:
SKYO wrote:
But the prize is Brayden, he'd immediately help our top 6 now and for the future can play 2nd line center or LW alongside RK17.
No frickin way Philly would give up Brayden. With Giroux suddenly becoming very inconsistent at hitting the score sheet, Brayden has been one of the few bright spots in their secondary scoring group.
BS was rumoured to be quietly available in the fall so they can get a upgrade on defense. ~via TSN
http://flyersfaithful.com/2013/11/22/fl ... couturier/

Bob McKenzie also came out and said on TSN Radio that the Flyers want a really good defenseman in exchange for Sean Couturier or Brayden Schenn. That was pretty much assumed as that SHOULD be the asking price for a team that struggles to properly develop defensemen. Still, it’s always nice to get confirmation from a pro like McKenzie.
Last edited by SKYO on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Wayne Simmonds would be a great pick-up as well. Right age, good top-6 numbers and a fantastic cap hit ($4M).
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:Wayne Simmonds would be a great pick-up as well. Right age, good top-6 numbers and a fantastic cap hit ($4M).
What is the hype with this guy? He's a second line winger at best, and he needs a good center to make him usefull. I like his take no shit attitude and compete level, but he's hardly a "great" pick-up.Schenn is a way better option.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Simmonds is like most of the Flyers, big & slow
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Simmonds is tenacious and clutch. He's always noticeable in the Flyers games I watch, unlike Voracek and Schenn. He doesn't have the inconsistency of a guy like Stewart.

He puts up more goals and points than Schenn. He plays more than Schenn. He has already proven to be an effective player in the tough Western Conference. He already has nine PP goals this season.

Simmonds would be a massive upgrade. Shenn would be a massive upgrade as well. Voracek too. Any of these guys would easily slot into our top six and provide a big improvement.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

herb wrote:Simmonds is tenacious and clutch. He's always noticeable in the Flyers games I watch, unlike Voracek and Schenn. He doesn't have the inconsistency of a guy like Stewart.

He puts up more goals and points than Schenn. He plays more than Schenn. He has already proven to be an effective player in the tough Western Conference. He already has nine PP goals this season.

Simmonds would be a massive upgrade. Shenn would be a massive upgrade as well. Voracek too. Any of these guys would easily slot into our top six and provide a big improvement.
Wouldn't complain either about any of these guys. Of them all, I just would rather Voracek as a playmaking winger to Kesler at centre. Kassian could fill that role, but Voracek, IMHO, is further along the curve.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Lancer wrote:Wouldn't complain either about any of these guys. Of them all, I just would rather Voracek as a playmaking winger to Kesler at centre. Kassian could fill that role, but Voracek, IMHO, is further along the curve.
Agreed on Voracek, but any of these guys would be great. A young, big and skilled top-6 forward is exactly what we desperately need.

Voracek and Schenn may have a higher ceiling than Simmonds, but Simmonds has an awesome contract that goes until 2019. Provided he doesn’t fall off a cliff, his $4M cap hit should provide excellent value wherever he plays. Voracek and Schenn will likely end up costing more over that time.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 29s
Developing story, NYR grant permission to at least 1 team who has already talked with Callahan's agent. More on Sportscentre. #TSN
Got this weird feeling it's GMMG.

GO MIKE GO!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sound like st Louis and Stewart...
Or Columbus..or the ducks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 29s
Developing story, NYR grant permission to at least 1 team who has already talked with Callahan's agent. More on Sportscentre. #TSN
Got this weird feeling it's GMMG.

GO MIKE GO!!!
I have no problem with Callahan as a player, in fact I think he would really add a missing dynamic to our top 6, and I would like what he could bring to this team.

I do have a problem with how much it will cost to get him from New York, and also the price tag he will bring as rumor has it that the Rangers are not interested in re-signing him because he is seeking $6+M per year. That is WAY too much for him, and so I'm think Gillis should take a pass on him.