City of Champions @ Vancouver - 7PM - SPac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: City of Champions @ Vancouver - 7PM - SPac

Post by mathonwy »

Sleep walk for 55 minutes and wake up for 5.

Good on Perron. Coilers were full measure for this victory.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

wtf were those shit passes at the end? Most motivated team in the NHL my arse....I blame the fans...especially the dickless wagoneers :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Shit...that was not good...getting frustrated as I can't figure out what's going on. Can't score can't pass can't set up a pp ...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This is on the players . Garbage effort all around except Burrows of course he was great.time to head out before I get covered in urine .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

dhabums wrote: Burrows almost scores. Dalpe does. Schroeder does.
Dalpe lets me down.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Now may not be a good time with the injuries but I really think Kesler, Sedins, Edler, Hansen, and every other piece of shit who can`t seem to adjust their game to be scratched and benched more often.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Remember when Kesler said he wanted to prove people wrong at the start of the year. :drink:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Luongo's awesome save...

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Too many spectators and not enough leadership. The "forecheck system" is non existent other than Kassian & Richardson. The speedsters like Hansen & Kesler are watching rather than forcing the play. The key to beating the Oilers is pressure on their D and the Canucks rarely did that.

I do not like the passive system the Canucks are using in their own zone. The opposing point men have no one within 15 feet and have all the time they want to load up.

Gap control was horrible as it has been all season resulting in neutral ice turnovers which plays into the OIlers strength.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Why is anyone surprised by this season?

Nothing changed from last year.

The team is older and has been on a decline for a few years.

With the cap going up, Booth getting bought out and some prospects getting a chance next season will be better. Combine that (if MG grows some balls) with a trade of 1 of the top 4 D for a top forward I am excited about next season.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Trade Lulongo to Florida for their 2014 1st pick which is about 4th overall right now. Puts us in the Reinhart hunt
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote:Trade Lulongo to Florida for their 2014 1st pick which is about 4th overall right now. Puts us in the Reinhart hunt
I'll Take Bjugstadt now over Reinhart a couple years from now. Wasn't sold on him at the WJHC this year, not sold on him now.

This team is in a serious, deep, dark funk. No confidence. No jump. No heart. You will see little spurts of inspiration maybe a handful of times in a game and sometimes they'll translate into a goal, but that's it.

It became apparent to me when the most noticeable Canuck making plays out there last night was Schroeder. Yeah, he had some serious puck luck on his goals, but he was making things happen out there. The diff: This was his first game with the team, and it's reasonable to assume that he hasn't been around the playing roster much while he rehabbed.

Is it fatigue, age, psychology or what? I dunno. Depending on the answer, and what management thinks can feasibly by done to right it, there's a big question as to where this team goes for the rest of the season.

Maybe it's time Gillis has a heart-to-heart with those core guys with the NTCs that goes something like, "We gave you NTCs based on the assumption that this core would be competitive. It's not, and let's all agree that it's not going to get any better so it's time to change the core. Simply-put, we'll ask some of you to submit your trade destination lists or have fun in Utica, or whoever takes you on waivers." Maybe it's time for the club to step back from the slippery slope which leads to where Calgary is today.

Or maybe Torts comes back, institutes some serious practice schedules with some confidence-building drills thrown in, and the team snaps out of it.

Up to you, Mr. Gillis.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:Canucks the new keystone cops.

They are starting to become a bunch of clowns out there.

Luongo should not of started (don't blame him) and then it goes down hill from there.
Should not HAVE started.....not of......HAVE.

Sorry Reef.....in a mood today where grade 2 English mistakes are just annoying me.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

The good news is that Schroeder was our best forward.

The bad news is that Schroeder was our best forward.

Kesler continues to disappoint. He’s a great supporting player, but clearly cannot carry a team. The same goes for Daniel.

Kassian wiped away two weeks’ worth of good work with one lazy effort.

Defensive coverage and passing in general was a mess. You can’t show up for five minutes and expect to win. What happened to being a team that’s hard to play against, has an aggressive fore-check and plays hard against the wall? That was a soft effort.

Sullivan should have started Lack.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Since we have been shitting all over the drafting of Mike Gillis, and in honour of David Perron’s hat trick last night, I would really like to thank Dave Nonis for drafting Patrick White in 2007 one pick ahead of where Perron was picked.

I would also like to thank Dave for selecting Taylor Ellington in the second round ahead of PK Subban.

Dave also missed out on Jamie Benn and Wayne Simmonds. Clearly none of these players could help the team now. Thank you so much Dave for those awesome picks. Fuck me.