City of Champions @ Vancouver - 7PM - SPac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

City of Champions @ Vancouver - 7PM - SPac

Post by dhabums »

2 points, take them and move on.

Ryan Smyth set to tie the Oilers all time PP goal record tonight in a 5-1 loss. Gazdic set to do something as an Oiler. Taylor Swift eats a Hamhuis hipcheck then Ference eats a Hamhuis left.

Burrows almost scores. Dalpe does. Schroeder does.

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: City of Champions @ Vancouver - 7PM - SPac

Post by SKYO »

Another easy 2pts. lol jk

Surprise, surprise both Weise and Booth sit tonight.

Hope Ricky Schroeder plays well, no really.

Dalpe vs Schroeder title match imo.

Come on Burrows lets get a goal! the spotlight is slowly shifting on ya! and not in a good way.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I hope someone throws an Oilers jersey on the ice.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I expect the Oilers to come out flying tonight after their 5-1 win over the Predators.

If the Canucks can dampen their spirits a bit by weathering an early storm and scoring the first goal, then look for the Coilers to come apart.

So long as someone lay some big hits on Ms. Hall and RNH.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:I hope someone throws an Oilers jersey on the ice.
Bring a sign...'The Tarsands suck and so do the Oilers'
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:I expect the Oilers to come out flying tonight after their 5-1 win over the Predators.

If the Canucks can dampen their spirits a bit by weathering an early storm and scoring the first goal, then look for the Coilers to come apart.

Paging Alex Edler...
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Luongo gets the start, which is a bit curious given how good Lack has been this year.

Looking at tonight’s lineup, there’s maybe four players who will be starting the game in the position projected at the start of the year.

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Daniel-Dalpe-Kassian
Hansen-Schroeder-Sestito
Lain-Richardson-Weber

Shocking really that with Santorelli and Hank out, a rookie and a defenseman are starting ahead of Weise and Booth.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:I expect the Oilers to come out flying tonight after their 5-1 win over the Predators.

Yeah, no doubt they are flying high but it will all the sweeter when we catch one of the gnats buzzing around and *SPLAT!* them against the boards.... fack'n mosquitoes :evil:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Luongo gets the start, which is a bit curious given how good Lack has been this year.

Looking at tonight’s lineup, there’s maybe four players who will be starting the game in the position projected at the start of the year.

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Daniel-Dalpe-Kassian
Hansen-Schroeder-Sestito
Lain-Richardson-Weber

Shocking really that with Santorelli and Hank out, a rookie and a defenseman are starting ahead of Weise and Booth.

They want Weber there for his RH shot on the PP. He won't play much as I doubt the 4th line gets many minuets. Lain I think they just want to keep giving him a little ice time, but ya I expected Weise would play ahead of him. Boy does our line up look bad!
The only HW the Canucks need
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:They want Weber there for his RH shot on the PP. He won't play much as I doubt the 4th line gets many minuets. Lain I think they just want to keep giving him a little ice time, but ya I expected Weise would play ahead of him. Boy does our line up look bad!
It is awful isn't it.

But, we have won two of three with this group and our defense is healthy. Kesler, Richardson and Dalpe have played well and absolutely need to continue to do so.

The stretch of games from Wednesday to the Olympic break is pretty tough. A win tonight and we could possibly leap-frog the Kings AND give ourselves a chance at a somewhat respectable .500 January.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Thinking about it a bit more, I don’t like that Luongo is starting tonight.

We’re playing the Oilers, who the coaching staff should feel abundantly comfortable starting Lack against, Luongo wasn’t exactly great last night, and we play the Blackhawks in only two nights.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:Thinking about it a bit more, I don’t like that Luongo is starting tonight.

We’re playing the Oilers, who the coaching staff should feel abundantly comfortable starting Lack against, Luongo wasn’t exactly great last night, and we play the Blackhawks in only two nights.
He missed a lot of playing time and wants to tune up for the Terrorist Games....
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Arachnid wrote:He missed a lot of playing time and wants to tune up for the Terrorist Games....
I don’t doubt it, but it should be the coaching staff making those calls.

Anyway, on the plus side, we get to play Bryzgalov!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Arachnid wrote:
He missed a lot of playing time and wants to tune up for the Terrorist Games....
Yup he's got to win it for the kidnapped killer whales in sochi / orca bay entertainment.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Transformer blew in the hood may miss the game . If not back by game time.. Give detailed posts please friends
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….