Little Kurdistan @ Vancouver - 7:00 SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Little Kurdistan @ Vancouver - 7:00 SPAC

Post by dbr »

Reefer2 wrote:Disagree, they are professionals and he should of burried one or 2,
Haha. It's a physical limitation, doesn't matter if Dan Hamhuis is being paid to play hockey (ie. "he's a professional") he's not being paid to play his off hand to give the Canucks a better PP option.
i can see a couple being missed with the bad ice and the puck bouncing but Hamhuis is not an offensive D man so putting him out there is the first place was a mistake. having a forward there would of been a better option.
Yeah like I said, someone else (who shoots right) would have been a better option on those plays.

It's frustrating watching Hamhuis on the powerplay but like I said, at least the guy adds some movement. We weren't generating much of anything from the point anyways..
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Overall a pretty good effort by the Canucks...but this team won't be competitive again until the offensive problems are solved. The offense won't be fixed until the PP is fixed, and to fix the PP the only idea I have left is different personnel because the coaches have tried nearly every damn combination possible with disappointing results.

Garrison is too stationary on the PP...he literally just stands there. Edler is clearly rusty. Kesler's desire to shoot lots results in too many good possessions resulting in weak chances. The PP has no movement at all. The defenders manage to keep us to the outside because we don't get them running around at all. The point shot is never open because the high defender is never forced down low.

Hamhuis missing on those three or four chances on our first PP was comical really, but if we score a goal or two there the end result is likely different.

I hate losing games in the third period.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I thought the PP last night had better movement than I'd seen all year, much of it though was set to open up Hamhuis on the back door and he wasn't able to deal with the bouncing pucks.

Garrison pisses me off. I recall reading last year where he described getting pucks in his wheelhouse for his boomer shot. The problem I have is that unless the pass is perfect, he won't shoot. Often a chance for a quick wrist/snap shot is lost.

Also noticed Daniel shooting more and with a bit more snap.

But that was the bright side to a fairly mediocre effort. Again, as in Edmonton, by the time of the third period, the Canucks looked more prepared to be reading bedtime stories to their kids than playing hockey.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

The PP was better last night...still no results though.

I'd like to see Burrows taken off the PP, with Higgins or Kassian in his place.

Garrison often takes too long to shoot as well. He'll get the puck, delay, look up, delay and by the time he decides to shoot the defender has gotten close enough to either cause a turnover or disrupt the shot.

Horvat, Shinkaruk, et. al. can't come along fast enough as far as I'm concerned.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Canucks are playing, and getting results, at a level most of us predicted at the start of the year. Every now and then they have flashes of looking pretty good which raises expectations, and hope. They are so far removed from that 2011 team. They blew a great chance to move within 2 of the Kings. Somehow this season would feel better if we could be one of the top three in our division. Just because so many said we wouldn't do it I guess. Although I still want a cup!!

It was great to see Stanton back. What a great find he was and his future looks bright.

Luongo with another solid game.

Other than that a disappointing result.

A couple of games off until our next game and here is hoping we come out with a more consistent 60 minute effort and a new look PP!
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
One more reason not to take RD seriously.....he just listed 3 second round picks as being 1st round failures by Gillis.

Keep it up asshat.
More classic examples of Mëds piss poor reading comprehension, nice work Einstein. Don't stray to far from your Edler angst bra... You've carved out a nice little niche there, when you do stray, you look like, what did you say? An asshat? LMAO
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

I believe if we stay relatively healthy we will get past the first round... just my opinion, will have to wait and see. Have your fun RD...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

dbr wrote: Yeah like I said, someone else (who shoots right) would have been a better option on those plays.

It's frustrating watching Hamhuis on the powerplay but like I said, at least the guy adds some movement. We weren't generating much of anything from the point anyways..
We would of won the game (you can bet on that) if we had a RH shooter there.

Really liked the movement, I have not seen that in while, so many chances from in close vs. shots from the point.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote:OMG hammer...5????
Finally watching this game, Hamhuis belongs no where near the powerplay, he has an atrocious shot.

Just stick to the PK and the final seconds of a powerplay is the special teams ice time he should be getting.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Our PP absolutely has to change. How many points has it cost us this year? Too many to count. Hank without Dank OK, Dank without Hank not so good.
with injuries i'd put:

danny kes kass
edler garrison

higgins dalpe burrows
hamhuis bieksa
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Our PP absolutely has to change. How many points has it cost us this year? Too many to count. Hank without Dank OK, Dank without Hank not so good.
with injuries i'd put:

danny kes kass
edler garrison

higgins dalpe burrows
hamhuis bieksa
I've got no problem w/ Hamhuis & Bieksa on the 2nd unit pp. They would be more effective there w/ less pressure. Same w/ Higgins & Burrows (or Hansen even, if he can regain his form).
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy