Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Lou is slaying it right now. A man possessed
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4493
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby Island Nucklehead » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:55 pm

How the fuck was Luongo supposed to make that save?
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Oh oh
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4493
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby Meds » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:56 pm

Fuck.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby Meds » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:How the fuck was Luongo supposed to make that save?


And he came damned close to getting it after having to recover and then dive over three players. Our defense needs to learn how to seal off the goal line beside the post though.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby Hockey Widow » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:59 pm

We may get to see Burrows at centre yet this season :mrgreen:

Ok, now we get to play not to lose and run around for three minutes and try to hold onto the win.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby Island Nucklehead » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:02 pm

Meds wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:How the fuck was Luongo supposed to make that save?


And he came damned close to getting it after having to recover and then dive over three players. Our defense needs to learn how to seal off the goal line beside the post though.


There's no way that's a goal.

NHL Rules wrote:Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby Meds » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:02 pm

I am sick of Henrik and Daniel. Yeah, I know, Hank is out, but they are useless on the PP. They never read the back door pass anymore, Daniel had a huge seam to feed the backside on the PP, but instead just tries to force a pass through the defenders skates into the near corner which would have resulted in a nothing play had the puck even made it there.

If not for the fact that we'd lose him on waivers I would say ship Daniel to the AHL to relearn a few things. He's playing like an unadaptable junior B player.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby herb » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Burrows' struggles would be comical if it wasn't affecting the team so negatively!
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby Meds » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
NHL Rules wrote:Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.


WTF? :eh:

It was a Canuck defender who initially took an Oiler player down and the two of them slid into Luongo. How is that NOT a goal?
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3331
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:05 pm

What's the deal with Dallas Eakins hair?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4493
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby herb » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Hung on to win. Good.

Now some forwards need to get going offensively!
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:09 pm

herb wrote:Burrows' struggles would be comical if it wasn't affecting the team so negatively!


With AV and Raymond gone is Burrows the new whipping boy?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4493
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby herb » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:12 pm

Canucks were good through two periods, and hung on in the third. Luongo was great.

The Oilers goal was weird. Looked like Gagner was the one who bumped Luongo out of his crease.

I am serious about playing Kassian big PP minutes. He is one of our few forwards who is playing with confidence, and can make some great reads and passes.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Postby Island Nucklehead » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Meds wrote:WTF? :eh:

It was a Canuck defender who initially took an Oiler player down and the two of them slid into Luongo. How is that NOT a goal?


He made zero effort to get up or move after being in the crease. Sitting there in the crease, legs poking right into the net, blocking Luongo from the net. Nobody drove Gagner into the crease, he went there all on his own.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4190
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests