Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Post by rats19 »

Last 10: Vancouver 2-5-3; Edmonton 2-6-2

Season series: This is the third of five games between the Vancouver Canucks and Edmonton Oilers. Vancouver has already claimed a pair of four-goal victories on home ice. Nine different Canucks have scored a goal and 14 have registered at least one point. Roberto Luongo has stopped 40 of Edmonton's 42 shots.

Big story: Luongo is back again for the Canucks, and though he's played only two games since originally getting hurt on Dec. 22 both have been tremendous efforts. He made 46 saves in a Jan. 4 loss to the Los Angeles Kings and then was back on the shelf until this past Saturday, when he turned in 31 stops in a shootout win against the Calgary Flames.

Team Scope:

Canucks: Since missing four games during the 2003-04 season due to an abdominal strain, Vancouver center Henrik Sedin has played in 679 consecutive games. However, he's failed to finish each of the past two due to a suspected rib injury and his ironman streak will come to an end Tuesday.

Canucks assistant coach Mike Sullivan confirmed Monday that Sedin, who has 40 points in 50 games (nine goals, 31 assists), will not be in the lineup in Edmonton.

"The fact he's been able to play that many games consecutively is just a testament to his determination and how tough he is," Sullivan said. "Him and [twin brother] Daniel both play in the hard areas of the rink on a consistent basis because they have the puck so much."

Sedin's offensive ability will be missed on a team that was shut out twice and limited to a single goal once in the three games prior to Saturday. The Canucks also were without forward Mike Santorelli (shoulder) against the Flames.

Oilers: This is the start of a three-game homestand for Edmonton, which had a rousing 4-3 overtime win against the Pittsburgh Penguins in its most recent time out at Rexall Place, but followed that up by getting swept on a four-game road trip.

The Oilers did enough to squeeze a point out of a 3-2 overtime loss to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday afternoon when David Perron drew them even with two minutes left in regulation. They gave up 39 shots on goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, though, and average nearly 32 shots allowed per game, in the bottom third of the NHL.

"Once we learn to enjoy the hard parts of the game, we'll be much better," defenseman and team captain Andrew Ference said in the Edmonton Journal.

Who's hot: Canucks forward Ryan Kesler had a goal and an assist against the Flames. … Oilers forward Jordan Eberle has goals in consecutive games.

Injury report: Santorelli, defensemen Ryan Stanton (ankle) and Andrew Alberts (concussion), and forward Jordan Schroeder (ankle) are on injured reserve. … Edmonton forward Nail Yakupov (head) missed the previous game and forward Ales Hemsky (foot) missed the past two. Also sidelined are defensemen Philip Larsen (illness) and Corey Potter (groin).

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Re: Vancouver @ Edmonton 6:30 PM PT SNET-P,SNET-W

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:Image
Just found out an old girl friend who sported 38DD lost the battle.

Hopefully bad news doesn't come in threes.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Ference v. Bieksa for the spot picker championship of the world!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Look away if you have a weak stomach, but below is tonight's forward lineup. Let's hope Dalpe has a huge game! Luongo gets the start.

Dank-Kesler-Burrows
Booth-Richardson-Kassian
Higgins-Dalpe-Hansen
Sestito-Lain-Weise

Sounds like Scrivens will make his Oilers debut tonight.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Look away if you have a weak stomach, but below is tonight's forward lineup. Let's hope Dalpe has a huge game! Luongo gets the start.

Dank-Kesler-Burrows
Booth-Richardson-Kassian
Higgins-Dalpe-Hansen
Sestito-Lain-Weise

Sounds like Scrivens will make his Oilers debut tonight.
Oh my. Well at least this season we have actual centres to fill in when a centre is hurt. That's an improvement over last year.

Scrivens played well for LA, this is a big game for him. With our scoring woes I think he comes up big.
The only HW the Canucks need
isle_nuck
CC Rookie

Post by isle_nuck »

herb wrote:Sounds like Scrivens will make his Oilers debut tonight.
He already made his Oiler debut, last week against Minny; a 4-1 Wild win.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2013020716
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:Oh my. Well at least this season we have actual centres to fill in when a centre is hurt. That's an improvement over last year.

Scrivens played well for LA, this is a big game for him. With our scoring woes I think he comes up big.
LOL. Yeah, at least Burrows hasn't been moved to center this year.

Goalies always seem to be at their best against the Canucks, so I agree, expect a big game from Scrivens.

isle_nuck wrote:He already made his Oiler debut, last week against Minny; a 4-1 Wild win.
Damn interwebs lied to me... :mad:

Thanks!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think the coilers will be scared to play this team after the kings and flames games. :D
herb wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Oh my. Well at least this season we have actual centres to fill in when a centre is hurt. That's an improvement over last year.

LOL. Yeah, at least Burrows hasn't been moved to center this year.

Goalies always seem to be at their best against the Canucks, so I agree, expect a big game from Scrivens.
haha Burrows, Raymond last season. :o
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Good to see Lain get another crack at it. Hope his folks are at the game.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

I'm here at this shithole known as Rectall place so they had better show up and fucking play to win goddamit. Kassian and Gazdic will scrap me thinks...
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:I'm here at this shithole known as Rectall place so they had better show up and fucking play to win goddamit. Kassian and Gazdic will scrap me thinks...

____
Try to focus on someday.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:I'm here at this shithole known as Rectall place so they had better show up and fucking play to win goddamit. Kassian and Gazdic will scrap me thinks...
The nice thing about going to Phoenix and seeing a loss is when the game is over you aren't in Edmonton.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:shithole known as Rectall place
Rectum Place?
____
Try to focus on someday.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Another Canuck with more goals than Burrows.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

dhabums wrote:Another Canuck with more goals than Burrows.
Oh smartnup. Good for lain..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….