NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:I am aware of my bias, but the birds were pretty lucky IMO. Two missed Saints field goals, that fucking 10 yard punt in the first quarter and of course Ingram's fumble were the difference. Even then, the Seahawks #1 defense was shredded for 400+ yards, even with the gay 12th man bullshit.
You just described a typical NFL game where two teams come to play and one team leaves victorious, equally due to their own good play and the mistakes of their opponent. It's not like the Seahawks offense didn't have its own few plays they would like a do-over on. New Orleans just had more of them.....
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Topper wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:Even if the Hawks don't win it this year, I love the core that they have in place. Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Golden Tait, etc., etc., These guys should be a contender for a number of years.......dare I say, of the same mold as a Dallas, San Fran, and Green Bay from the 90's? (or a Colts/Pats from the 00's). Peter Carol is an amazing coach as well.
Until they have to start paying Russell Wilson a real salary (one more year at $300K) and it's cap implications.
They'll definitely create room for him.

I can't see them not keeping him.

Wilson is their franchise guy.

You have to keep Wilson, Lynch, Tate, and a few key guys on their Offensive and Defensive line.

Sidney Rice will probably be moved to create some cap space.
Sorry Wilson's cap hit is closer to $700K, but here is an interesting look into the Seahawk's coming contract hell.
Seattle’s financial day of reckoning is coming, with Bennett, McDonald, McDaniel, Walter Thurmond and Brandon Browner scheduled for free agency after this season. Next year will be even worse. Six of the top 20 Seahawks defenders in snaps played this season are under contract past next year, with Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, K.J. Wright, Avril and Chris Clemons unrestricted free agents after 2014.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Sidney Rice will probably be moved to create some cap space.
Sorry Wilson's cap hit is closer to $700K, but here is an interesting look into the Seahawk's coming contract hell.
Seattle’s financial day of reckoning is coming, with Bennett, McDonald, McDaniel, Walter Thurmond and Brandon Browner scheduled for free agency after this season. Next year will be even worse. Six of the top 20 Seahawks defenders in snaps played this season are under contract past next year, with Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, K.J. Wright, Avril and Chris Clemons unrestricted free agents after 2014.
Wasn't this the same story after the Seahawks went to the Superbowl in 2006? They couldn't keep the team together because of salary obligations?

It's the bane of every team in pro sports it seems.....well outside of the MLB with their luxury tax. Successful teams can't stay together because the players get greedy and want more money. Then they go sign somewhere else and have some individual success but never achieve what they achieved before because the chemistry and support just isn't there. They preach, "No 'I' in team", but that's pretty much the opposite of the way things run.... :P
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Seahawks! Bronc's!

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Both Championship games turned on injuries, with the loss of Aqib Talib, the Patriots were unable to cover and Manning exploited. For the 49ers, the loss of Mike Iupati opened lanes to Colin Kaepernick that created the three 4th quarter turnovers.

Throwing to Crabtree in the corner vs Sherman for the game............LOL

Go 'Hawks

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Wow.

49'ers fans and team just might be bigger douchebags than Calgarians and that's saying a LOT.

49'ers have a tremendous team obviously, but the overall arrogance from that organization is disturbing.

As a kid, the 49'ers were my second favorite team. This was during the Montana, Rice, Rathman, era. A part of me wonders if any of those guys would stand and shake their heads at some of the antics that their team and fans consistently pull. What a classless bunch of douchebags.

Having said that - what a game eh? After a slow start, the Hawks started to slowly take over the game. It wasn't their best game, but they dug deep and found a way.

Aside from his fumble, Lynch had a strong game. Wilson, like I said, wasn't at his best, but found a way to make key plays when it mattered most.....and that's what champions do.

Our offensive line will need to be a shitload better however. 49'ers Defensive line had an absolute field day with Wilson.

As far as the Bronco's go, my prediction is that if Wilson can be atleast 90% as good as Manning, then we should take the game. Bronco's D isn't as solid as San Frans, and I think Seattle's defense should hold Manning at bay to atleast some extent (i.e. Our D won't let us down, atleast to the point where Manning blows us out).

GO SEAHAWKS.

p.s.________Hello everyone. Been insanely busy. Will try and be back for NHL playoffs.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sherman is a bigger douche...what a piece of shit. He embarrassed me as a fan of the seahawks

Oh and hi...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Crabtree had been mouthing off Sherman for months, add in the medias treatment of Seattle receivers, the "Greatest Catcher of All Time" remark by Harbaugh (Jerry Rice had something to say about that one), and and you have the basis for Sherman's comments. A body slam of Crabtree's ego back to earth from a guy who backs up his mouth with his play.

Up until that final 49er offensive play the post whistle antics had been minimal (contrast to last weeks 49er-Panther game - yikes)

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Crabtree had been mouthing off Sherman for months, add in the medias treatment of Seattle receivers, the "Greatest Catcher of All Time" remark by Harbaugh (Jerry Rice had something to say about that one), and and you have the basis for Sherman's comments. A body slam of Crabtree's ego back to earth from a guy who backs up his mouth with his play.

Up until that final 49er offensive play the post whistle antics had been minimal (contrast to last weeks 49er-Panther game - yikes)
fair enough..but he had a chance to class-up and didnt..

could have said: i did what I am supposed to do and so did my team...

rather than I me me me i i him me me me
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Poor Erin...

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

rats19 wrote: fair enough..but he had a chance to class-up and didnt..

could have said: i did what I am supposed to do and so did my team...

rather than I me me me i i him me me me
He had a chance to do WJTWD* and he didn't do that either. Small blessings..

*What Joe Thornton Would Do
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

rats19 wrote:Sherman is a bigger douche...what a piece of shit. He embarrassed me as a fan of the seahawks

Oh and hi...
Agreed, but see Topper's comments. (Actually, it looks like you already did so nevermind!).

Sherman is a douche, but he had tremendous reason to act like that. Crabtree apparently made some very personal comments towards Sherman at the start of the season as well.

Like I said - 49'ers were my second favorite team during the late 80's. They were my NHL equivalent of the Edmonton Oilers when they had Montana, Rice, and Rathman.

At current however - their fanbase and team are just classless scum. Like Calgarypuck level SCUM. Guys like Montana and Rice are probably too classy to comment on it, but I wonder if they're just shaking their heads in private at some of the things that go down there at current.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BurningBeard wrote:Poor Erin...

christ almighty..i am going to burn in hell for thinking what i am thinking.. after looking at that frozen vid moment :oops:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Sherman's regular column is on SI's MMQB site. The Crabtree history goes back to something Crabtree said while both were at a charity event sponsored by Larry Fitzgerald. Sherman replied at the time that he'd make Crabtree pay for it on the field.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Sherman's regular column is on SI's MMQB site. The Crabtree history goes back to something Crabtree said while both were at a charity event sponsored by Larry Fitzgerald. Sherman replied at the time that he'd make Crabtree pay for it on the field.
"embarrass him"