GDT:Jan 18. Calgary at Vancouver

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: GDT:Jan 18. Calgary at Vancouver

Post by dbr »

Strangelove wrote:Image
I'm better at running my mouth on a message board than that Susan Alexander broad was at singing arias, that's for sure :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ClamRussel wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: Ok, a line brawl and the 2 biggest goons on the ice are the only 2 who DON'T get kicked out?
Any explanation for that? :crazy:
NHL logic?
The first fight is allowed.

Any additional fights at the same time results in ejaculation... errr ejection.
LoL, oh ya. Did they flip a coin to determine who was first?
Indubitably.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote: I'm better at running my mouth on a message board than that Susan Alexander broad was at singing arias, that's for sure :lol:
Just keep doing what you're doing good buddy! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think what has not been stated enough in all of this is that it wasn't that a team chose to start its fourth line, that happens, it was that Hartley started his goons, and had Westgarth at centre. It's the history Hartley has and the fact that other coaches and players know his reputation and intent. If it was a different coach, different team I don't think Torts goes ape shit. It's the fact he knew what Hartley was up to. His own players, and ex-players say as much. His fourth line was out there with orders to start a fight.

Perhaps if Torts had started Richardson then Bieksa doesn't feel the need to step up and only Sestito and McGratton go after it. It's as if Calgary felt that because Lain was 6'6 they had a green light to fight. Putting Lain out there was not an invitation to fight, nor was it Torts accepting a challenge, he simply matched 4th lines with 4th lines, a move he regrets with respect to Lain.

If you listen to Westgarth the intention and direction from the coach was clear. Having said that Torts crossed a line with his attempted visit to the Flames dressing room. As much as I love what he showed it is a line that should not be crossed. He deserves a hearty fine and or suspension, one I think the team will respond to. Hartley does not deserve a suspension but a fine is in order.

Who won the fights is irrelevant to me. Players from both teams suffered as a result and were gassed at the end of the game. But perhaps we should have saved those ice scrapings so DNA tests could have been done to see who's blood it is. Pretty sure it was Flame blood spoiling the ice :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ClamRussel wrote:What will be interesting is how the league handles Hartley and Burke's alleged involvement in this spectacle. Buffalo coach was fined for doing the same thing Hartley did.
Alleged involvement? Link? Source?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reading all the stuff from Cowpuke and other boards makes me sad and a little disturbed with myself. I suddenly and finally understand why we have wars on this planet! :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:But perhaps we should have saved those ice scrapings so DNA tests could have been done to see who's blood it is. Pretty sure it was Flame blood spoiling the ice :mrgreen:
Well two Flames had to change their jerseys in the penalty box for being blood soaked before one of those two was sent to the showers. The Flame who stayed in the game had to change his jersey again later in the game for the same reason.

Not surprisingly, reading Bountiful, the one guy who stood his ground in the game thread saying the outburst on the opening draw was an unnecessary black mark, was himself banned.

Alberta hokey.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: Ok, a line brawl and the 2 biggest goons on the ice are the only 2 who DON'T get kicked out?
NHL logic?

Clam continues in his failure to understand the rules of the game.

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
NHL logic?

Troller again fails in his ability to comprehend. My point was there appeared to be a lot of simultaneous fighting occurring. It wasn't like there was a initial fight in the bunch. But feel free to ignore that. Give you more time to jerk off to the CBA.
Last edited by ClamRussel on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Mëds wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:What will be interesting is how the league handles Hartley and Burke's alleged involvement in this spectacle. Buffalo coach was fined for doing the same thing Hartley did.
Alleged involvement? Link? Source?
TSN brought it up a couple times. They spoke about it like it was understood among the insiders. Who knows what really transpired. Today they said if Burke didn't influence that starting lineup, that Hartley would have known BB's history w/ Aquilini/Gillis; alluding he'd want to impress the new boss. Probably just bs media drama.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
NHL logic?

Ironically I think they still got it wrong. I don't think anyone engaged faster than Westgarth off the draw. :P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I agree with Mëds..he just jumped forward and engaged bieksa gloves off absolutely before anybody else.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Come on folks, do any of you actually watch the games?

Westgarth goes after Bieksa, however KB3 does not drop the gloves or his stick and the two are easily separated by an official without any punches thrown. It is very clear that Sestito and McGratton were the first combatants The ref's got it correct and it was an easy call to make.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Come on folks, do any of you actually watch the games?

Westgarth goes after Bieksa, however KB3 does not drop the gloves or his stick and the two are easily separated by an official without any punches thrown. It is very clear that Sestito and McGratton were the first combatants The ref's got it correct and it was an easy call to make.
You are correct tops I thought the initial aggression was what we looked for. They did disengage
Westgarth ended up fighting laine..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:You are correct tops
Of coarse I am.

I'm the best poster in the game,when you try me with a sorry poster like Mëds, that's the result you going to get.
:mex: