GDT: Jan 16 - Vancouver at Yotes - 6 PM - SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Jan 16 - Vancouver at Yotes - 6 PM - SNET

Post by Meds »

Honestly, it will be interesting to see how this ship gets righted.

I like Valk's idea of splitting the Sedins up on the PP, but I don't think it will work. They are static players these days, they just stand there trying to make up their mind who to pass to and kill way to much time.

Kesler is the only guy on the second line who is a legitimate top-6 skater night in and out. Higgins is inconsistent in his effort and Santorelli would make a really good 3rd scoring line pivot who can fill in in the top-6 when needed. I like Santorelli, but the reality is that he's a top-9 skater who has flashes of top-6 play.

The Sedins approach to offense reminds me of the time I tried using a hammer to put in a screw.

With the exception of Kassian, our current bottom 6 forwards are all looking like guys who belong in the 11 and 12 spots on most rosters. Not going to cut it.

Our blueline is playing like they expect to be up against beer league opponents.....

Eddie Lack has been brilliant between the pipes, but if he doesn't score a fucking goal soon this team is never going to win a game.....seriously, what the hell was the point of extending his contract if he's not going to put the puck in the net? :roll: :P
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Does anyone know the exact date that the Canucks turned into the NY Generals?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Everyone grab a chill pill. As I said before, our guys do not match up well vs those Cali teams (Kings, Ducks, etc). This should be no surprise. Yes, our guys are struggling and their confidence is the shits right now; however, what goes down, must come up. :lol: The next couple weeks our competition gets way easier. Look for some of our snake bit guys to pop in some goals and we're going to win some games again. The Nucks are still in the playoff picture, all that matters is that we make it. We probably won't go very far, but u never know what can happen in the playoffs. :P
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:*digs hole for Royaldude*
*pisses in the hole*
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Everyone grab a chill pill. As I said before, our guys do not match up well vs those Cali teams (Kings, Ducks, etc). This should be no surprise. Yes, our guys are struggling and their confidence is the shits right now; however, what goes down, must come up. :lol: The next couple weeks our competition gets way easier. Look for some of our snake bit guys to pop in some goals and we're going to win some games again. The Nucks are still in the playoff picture, all that matters is that we make it. We probably won't go very far, but u never know what can happen in the playoffs. :P
So your saying as long as we play weaker team we are ok? Really that is what you are saying?

I guess this team has no problems then and everything will turn around after seeing the same thing from this team over the past 3 seasons.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Looking at last night's performance, as well as those of the previous two games, you try to figure out whether it's a matter of the coaching, the head or the hands of the players. It's too early, IMHO to blame it on the coaching; it's the easy explanation to say it's a matter of the heads of the players not being screwed on the way they need them to be (confidence, burn-out, etc) in order to win; but if you're honest with yourself you wonder if the hands of the scorers on this team were left behind a couple years ago - never to return?

Todd, love your reality check against the sky falling, but given the state of the roster, what's on the farm and what's in the forecast for the next couple of years shouldn't we as fans want our expectations to be higher against the kinds of teams that will stand in the way of a Cup run? Should we really be content with the status quo and hope the team gets a winning lotto ticket in the playoffs?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Fuck that . Nobody should ban the Paused one. I enjoy watching him make an idiot of himself. As for the dude his act is merely that.... an act. It is old, it is tired but he's ours . I wish the guy would start puffing weed again though because even through all the troll shit you can see an edgy, sort of miserable cat.
Limiting the sale of airplane glue was a huge mistake that we are still paying for.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Rats short report:

2 struggling teams

It showed

:crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote:The Sedins approach to offense reminds me of the time I tried using a hammer to put in a screw.
That analogy works so well!

Split 'em up I say! Last night when Hank wasn't on the PP, Daniel passed to a spot on the ice where he'd normally be (along the boards, of course), only he wasn't there. That won't last long if they each play with players who'd rather be in scoring position.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Reefer2 wrote:So your saying as long as we play weaker team we are ok? Really that is what you are saying?
Lancer wrote:Todd, love your reality check against the sky falling, but given the state of the roster, what's on the farm and what's in the forecast for the next couple of years shouldn't we as fans want our expectations to be higher against the kinds of teams that will stand in the way of a Cup run? Should we really be content with the status quo and hope the team gets a winning lotto ticket in the playoffs?

As Bert would say, "it is what it is." The team is performing about right from what I predicted @ the beginning of the season. They are a middle of the pack team that's going to battle for one of the bottom playoff spots. They are NOT an elite team nor a top Cup contender anymore. We have not played well vs the bigger skilled teams like the Cali teams for awhile now (ie- kings, ducks, sharks), just look @ our last 2 playoff appearances. The fact is our lineup has a bunch of aging players, a lot of same type softer players and lack of top skilled players in thier primes. It should be no suprise when they perform like this and their position in the standings reflects it.