GDT: Jan 15 - CANUCKS at DUCKS - 7:30PM - SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Jan 15 - CANUCKS at DUCKS - 7:30PM - SNET-P

Post by 5thhorseman »

Hammer should replace Bieksa on the power play!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Well that was bad first.
Interesting Reffing second
Time for be third (mountain time here)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The fat lady sings

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Is it over yet? So much for tough guy hockey.

Why is it that other teams can goon us up with impunity but when we goon it up we have the book thrown at us? Would have been nice had they ref'd this way against Boston. Not saying we didn't deserve the shit storm but with the fan on high?

Anyway, not much you can say about this one. We had some early chances we couldn't burryand Lack didn't make the big saves when we needed him too. After that we quite and boy I hope we hang onto Luongo for a few more years. Yikes.

The Ducks were clearly superior not much more you can say. We don't come close to matching up against the California teams. It will take more than a healthy Luongo and Burrows to make that happen.

Note to MG:

We are not a contender, not close. Please don't make any stupid deadline day deals. Let's play out the season, do as well as we can and have a do over, over the summer. I'm ok with this, not upset, just realistic. Eat it and do a proper re-tooling.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Note to MG:

We are not a contender, not close. Please don't make any stupid deadline day deals. Let's play out the season, do as well as we can and have a do over, over the summer. I'm ok with this, not upset, just realistic. Eat it and do a proper re-tooling.
I keep reminding myself of my expectations a year ago after the new CBA was signed and the knowledge of the cap hell GMMG was placed in until the end of this season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

rats19 wrote:Good debut for errikson..poor guy
Yeah, doesn't look like he's NHL ready yet... :|

So wtf was that? 9-1? Sheesh! :crazy:
Last edited by Per on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Per wrote:
You could say that about the entire team tonight.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The Canucks pushed themselves to face some scary demons in the LA game. Some emotional let down was predictable. :lol:

A good team took advantage, & handed out an old fashioned butt kicking - on the scoreboard.

The question is .. how will the Canucks react against Phoenix?
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Boy, what a way to start the New Year, after a hot December. The last couple weeks was a good test for us as we played some top teams in our division and around the league, but we didn't do too well against some of the top dawgs (1-6). Our team was a bit banged up no doubt and we were in every game, except today's one. Our guys looked kind of flat today and some bad bounces just seemed to deflate them. On the bright spot, our schedule gets quite a bit easier the next couple weeks as we play against some weaker teams (teams we should beat). Hopefully, we can have a come back game against the Coyotes tomorrow and the presence of some of our CC posters (Ratz and Co) will help our guys back in the W column. :mrgreen:

Couple thoughts about the game: :lol:

- Nice to see Boothy come back with a strong game. When he drives to the net like that, he's a good player for us. My only concern is that if plays like that all the time, someone will smoke him and he'll get injured again. He was probably our best forward, which probably says it all.

- WTF? Why does Dalpe get to play with the Sedins? We got Dalpe from Carolina's trash bin, he plays most of the time on the 4th line and had like 1G until he got some minutes with the Sedins. We gave up a great young player for Kassassian, he's starting to come around as he's scoring goals and helping our team with much needed grit and he played well with the twins @ the start of last season. Yet, Kass doesn't even get a sniff to help our 2 struggling franchise superstars. I don't get it. I'm glad Kass is getting a chance with Kes & Higgy, but I think Kass's game would mix better with the twins. Torts c'mon man, give the kid a chance.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Per wrote:

So wtf was that? 9-1? Sheesh! :crazy:
Yeah, felt bad for Errikson. He looked pretty good, but had to make his debut in a shitty game like that.

rats19 wrote:
5thhorseman wrote:Did Shorthouse just say Booth is going to Sochi?
He is that good..that's what he said
After first, I thought that's what Shorty said as well, but I think he was talking about some guy who tracks the scoring opportunities @ hockey games.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I missed this one (thank fuck) but can someone explain to me why every time there was a fight the Canucks got instigators? Same ref from LA, is this his own personal rule or something.

....from what I could make out in the replays I saw fights break out but I didn't see the Canucks as instigators, merely willing participants....perhaps pissed off...but shit happens and should be expected in such a route (made even better w/ a gong show of powerplays)... perhaps there was more to it that didn't come across in the replays but I did hear Garrett say "I don't get it" and they showed the penalty clock w/ 2 Canucks w/ 7min each.

Anyone? Just curious as to whats going on...the calls in LA were a tad suspect considering what happened out there & how the refs interpreted that. Was wondering if its spillover from the previous game perhaps?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Glad I didn't stay up for this one. Woke up and checked the thread before the score, and could tell by the amount of TrollerDude posts that the boys lost - and badly.

Not having seen the game, it's still evident that this team needs more than a deadline deal. It's not a matter of blowing up the team, but I think it's time the Sedins were supplanted as the top offensive line and the minutes that go with them. Gillis has to find another winger who can play with Kes and acknowledge that if there's going to be a top line in Vancouver going forward the next couple of years, it's going to have to be centred by Kes rather than Hank.

Of course Gillis should buy out Luongo - if we want to see the team blown up. I don't think it needs blowing up, but it neds more than a nip here and a tuck there.

Can someone please fire Gulutzan and bring in someone who can come up with a competent powerplay scheme? While they're at it, maybe a shooting coach who can get them to lift the puck in a hurry?

All other things being equal, there should be a very critical look at Devorski's officiating the last two games. It's verging on Auger-esque pettiness and vendetta, if it hasn't already surpassed it. But this is the NHL, so you know he'll get a pat on the back and a bonus cheque in a blank envelope.

After a game like last night's, I'm not investing much in tonight's game against Phoenix.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I skipped out after the first period, did we score another moral victory at least? :look:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blame the refs, helps us sleep at night
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:did we score another moral victory at least? :look:

We decided the ice was ours and stood our ground?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau