GDT: Vancouver @ Diver Central - 7:30PM SNET / FS-W

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Vancouver @ Diver Central - 7:30PM SNET / FS-W

Post by 5thhorseman »

I love the way Torts keeps changing things up. Who would have predicted Bieksa in front of the net on the power play? Torts obviously values the asshole factor and Bieksa is our one true asshole; Sestito got a chance but that turned our power play into a 4 on 4 but at least Torts is trying new things. This isn't random line juggling; Torts is seeking out combinations that work and he can keep in his back pocket for when it counts. He actually found a good line centred around Kesler with Higgins and Santorelli. How many discussions have there been on this board about how to get Kesler going and what linemates we need? That line is a keeper and we forget the past troubles too easily. Now Kass is getting a tryout and that may give us options. We may not be winning as many games as we'd like to but I like the direction this team is headed in. The intangibles are positive.

And Tanev! My God the kid is thriving and showing tons of potential. He is so mobile, no-one ever beats him around the outside, his shot has improved, he can log a tonne of ice time without much degradation in his performance. The only negative is that he has lost just a bit of poise compared with last year, but he's on the ice now during the critical moments and that's going to improve with experience. Do not trade! Future top 2 D.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Read damn it
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Yuk yuk. I like stories with pictures.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Moving pictures too...we are not alone
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

So the Kings are a group of whiners and divers and the refs sucked.

When did you folks move to the small community outside of Creston?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:So the Kings are a group of whiners and divers and the refs sucked.

Come on topper ....smarten up it is a fun homer article and nice to see
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Bingo

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Bingo
Bingo is fun for us older folks..
Well, not really.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

I live in a small community outside Creston but it doesn't end in ful.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:
Topper wrote:Bingo
Bingo is fun for us older folks..
Well, not really.
and it keeps your head down out of the way of sarcastic comments.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Haha listercat..

I just don't understand disdain for homrrism...its so dude like
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Topper wrote:So the Kings are a group of whiners and divers and the refs sucked.

So Topless, if folks here complain or voice their displeasure or opinion of opposition players, the league and the officiating that makes them no better than the hillbillies on CalPuck - even if they have a point?

Really?

Are we then to just suck it up and engage in Bikerdude-esque fan self-hatred of the Canucks in order to avoid such a label?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Play the game and win. Fix the PP, stop taking stupid penalties that limit 5 on 5 time. Deal with your own house before bitching about everyone else.

So it upsets you when people call the Canucks a bunch of whiners and divers but you have no problem painting those labels on other teams. LA is a big physical talented team that has beaten Vancouver every time they have faced one another back through the playoffs last season.

Suck it up, they are a better team.

This thread reads like a Calpuck thread after a Canuck game three years ago.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Play the game and win. Fix the PP, stop taking stupid penalties that limit 5 on 5 time. Deal with your own house before bitching about everyone else.

So it upsets you when people call the Canucks a bunch of whiners and divers but you have no problem painting those labels on other teams. LA is a big physical talented team that has beaten Vancouver every time they have faced one another back through the playoffs last season.

Suck it up, they are a better team.

This thread reads like a Calpuck thread after a Canuck game three years ago.
I disagree..We have been calpuking over how soft and pussy like we have been last few years. We stepped it up in the tough department and get ridculed for that. Compared to calgary and their level of homerism and blindness and just plain silly remarks. So your suggestions to fix and play correctly are good. Fuck man we stood up to a mean bullyish team and held our own. First time in years we will not be very good at it as we were never allowed to be this way. But i feel the team collectively said...ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP.. and for that I am deeply proud of our guys...sure there are holes and fixes but holy fuck that was a different team was it not??

awesomeness to me, lets see how we play against the sharks. I am in no way expecting the level of the kings game, but maybe the sharks hear skates and think and rush and a whole bunch of things because guess what...THE SISTERS ARE IN TOWN.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Topper wrote:So it upsets you when people call the Canucks a bunch of whiners and divers but you have no problem painting those labels on other teams. LA is a big physical talented team that has beaten Vancouver every time they have faced one another back through the playoffs last season.
I have no problem with other people labelling the Canucks so when they deserve it - and there have been ample times when they have. The only thing that upsets me is when the team gets the rap whether they deserve it at the time or not, while other teams commit the same or more egregious crimes but get no such label.

No argument with history - the scoreboards don't lie when you see who's won against each other. A big reason for those victories, though, was that the Canucks played timid, scared and afraid to lose. This game was different, even if the result was the same, and cause for optimism looking ahead. Yeah, stop taking stupid penalties but don't be afraid to engage and initiate the physicality and aggression because you're afraid to take a penalty. They have the best PK in the league, so why not lean on it a little if it means asserting yourself on the ice. Besides, it's the middle of the season - like the same game will happen in April or later.

Why don't you change your soaked shorts and take down the white flag for the season? :P
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.