Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Topper »

Pete - given buffy's indifference to fitness, I can't see him fitting in.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

If the Canucks want any type of future after the Sedins retire, Horvat is staying, our center depth is atrocious enough as it is.

Tanev's value is skyrocketing, a definite top 4 dman, Hansen is the epitome of an elite 3rd liner who can play a top 6 role sporadically.

Gaunce has the size many teams look for in a forward, he's suggested to be at the very minimum a good 3rd line two-way center, but at best could be a future 2nd line center if he can keep putting up points which will mostly be goals as he has an above average shot, ala Ryan Kesler. http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhock ... 43800.html

All Gaunce has to do is work on his skating, which is a fixable skill set.

Anyways those are some good young assets that the Jets can build around for years to come if that fake rumour has any merit.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

dbr wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:I could be wrong, but in almost any other sport....a penalty is a penalty.
Yeah nobody complains about officiating in other sports. Like traveling in basketball, am I right guys? :look:
Duh. I'm talking consistency & the shifts in calls not whether players necessarily agree or not. Refs in any sport can rarely win thats true. Also a fact, is NHL reffing is notorious from calling a game differently within the game let alone game to game or as the season progresses....or even within the playoffs. What is a penalty in the 1st isn't in the 3rd or OT.....then a ref calls a penalty in OT and everyone is aghast. How many times have we heard the refs are "putting their whistles away" or "letting them play". Then after allowing everything to go they call a strange one. This system of refs controlling the game perhaps worked more effectively w/ one ref.

A moving target.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Topper wrote:
dbr wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:I could be wrong, but in almost any other sport....a penalty is a penalty.
Yeah nobody complains about officiating in other sports. Like traveling in basketball, am I right guys? :look:
In the NFL, the Seahawk's defence plays the rules as the Bruins do. Challenging the officials to throw a flag on every play. The 49ers do like wise with Harbaugh continuously working the officials like Quennville does with the Blackhawks.

All four of those teams are having success.
Perhaps there's something to that. Refs will tend to only penalize one team so much before balancing the scales. The Bruins certainly pushed the envelope in '11 where the majority of their calls came late in the game when the result was already decided.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Mëds wrote:Kane is not a rental, obviously, and I think he has the potential to the piece that puts our team over that hump and back into the top 5 in the league. So I say, overpay.

I would give up Tanev + Hansen + Booth + Gaunce or Jensen + 1st(2014) + 2nd(2015) + 3rd(tbd) for Kane + Stuart or Pardy + 3rd(2015).

I know it looks like massive over-payment, but it is BOLD, it sends a message that we are through dicking around with little tweaks here and there. It says, we recognize that we don't have the pieces we need to be competitive with the top dogs. So we'll do what it takes. This tells the players still here that Gillis is dead fucking serious about results.
It sends the message that Gillis is channeling Harold Ballard's ghost while eating wild mushrooms. Kane will be a great forward in the next couple of years. But, anything more than Tanev and Hansen and the salary dump of Booth is reDQlous. Our 1st+2nd+3rd will get a $6.7mil RFA next season, and we can keep Tanev and Hansen, and buy out Booth. Kane just ain't that good. Hell, even #99 didn't fetch much more than you are proposing.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

Instead of Kane, what about Okposo/Pacioretty/JVR?
NYI and MTL don't have the strongest D, so if we were to trade for Okposo or Pacioretty I could see Edler++ going (ntc waived)

Don't know if the leaves would want another Dman though.
22-33-17
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Gillis on TEAM 1040.....
“We don’t like doing that [getting a rental player], we’ve done it in the past, it hasn’t worked. We like players we think we can sign and keep that are going to be a long-term solution, not a short-term solution. Fitting those guys into your team in a meaningful way with three or four weeks left in the season is really difficult to do.”
Kane is not a rental, obviously, and I think he has the potential to the piece that puts our team over that hump and back into the top 5 in the league. So I say, overpay.

I would give up Tanev + Hansen + Booth + Gaunce or Jensen + 1st(2014) + 2nd(2015) + 3rd(tbd) for Kane + Stuart or Pardy + 3rd(2015).
What sucks is there is some really good rentals that could be a good risk to try to get this season, one whom could possibly re-sign...

Gaborik, Vanek, Stastny, Cammy, Michalek.

But yeah just seems like MG could be in the relentless pursuit of Kane.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RyanGinger wrote:Instead of Kane, what about Okposo/Pacioretty/JVR?
NYI and MTL don't have the strongest D, so if we were to trade for Okposo or Pacioretty I could see Edler++ going (ntc waived)

Don't know if the leaves would want another Dman though.
Given that Okposo appears to have finally turned the corner and is in the middle of a pretty club-friendly contract, I don't know if Garth would want to part with Okposo. He's probably in the same boat as MacT in looking to trade some of the younger talent/prospects for help now, so I can only see guys like Strome or Nelson being talked about and even then the asking price will be steep.

As for Pacioretty, there is no way on God's green earth. Bergevin may be in the market for a Dman, but Pacioretty's the closest they get to a power forward and how many times do they play the likes of Boston?

JVR? Meh...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Kassian + Tanev + 2nd for Evander Kane? :look:

That's somewhat comparable to M.Richards for Simmonds+Schenn+2nd.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:Kassian + Tanev + 2nd for Evander Kane? :look:

No way I move the big falla right now, he's starting to come to his own. I would't even do Kassassian for E.Kane 1 for 1.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote:Kassian + Tanev + 2nd for Evander Kane? :look:

No way I move the big falla right now, he's starting to come to his own. I would't even do Kassassian for E.Kane 1 for 1.
Might have to argue that one todd.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What you cooke ing Todd

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:What you cooke ing Todd
Whatever it is he's putting you to shame! All your fancy equipment and fine ingredients and your south facing kitchen and here's Todd working his magic with little more than a lighter and a spoon..
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Topper wrote:What you cooke ing Todd

Yeah, I remember that one. Evander really gave it to the super pest Cooker. Evander can take take care of himself, no doubt. What do u expect from a guy named after Hollyfield? However, I see him more as a skilled player. No doubt he has more offensive upside than Kassassian, but I think Zack is more of a meat and potatoes power forward type... the type of guy that we need more of, not less.

My gut tells me Evander wants to play here, so if he doesn't come here via trade, I think in a few years he'll be really interested to hear what Vancouver has to offer once he's a free agent. Much like Hammer. :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think it is painfully obvious to everyone by now that Booth is toast here. I like the idea of moving him for Erat if we could. Get him off the team and see if Erat can bring anything to the third or 4th line heading into the home stretch and playoffs. A one for one swap. He certainly can't do any worse than a Booth.
The only HW the Canucks need