Pittsburgh @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET TSN,ROOT

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Pittsburgh @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET TSN,ROOT

Post by herb »

Mondi wrote:Naw, of course not. What may concern you is how the team is losing.

Losing is one thing. It is how they lose that is troubling.

And the fact that Gillis has shown zero aptitude for improving the team via trade since the Pat White trade.
Would losing 4-0 be better than 5-4? Is coming back from 4-0 to tie the game at 4-4 only to lose in a SO better? The result in the standings is the same.

Higgins was a massive improvement via trade. Lapierre too. Kassian is trending in the right direction (some nights). I would not classify his aptitude as zero.

I think most of us are hoping for the massive home run for a game changing forward. The thing is, those don't happen very often in the NHL. Maybe once or twice a year?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Its our turn...I can feel it.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:We all got kicked hard in 2011... I am not sure the same level of fanatasim can ever be garnered again...I too don't take it as personal and deep as I once did..

But and I will call you a lier if you deny this.

Kane to van
Another big trade
Kids all step in a step up...we get elite once more..guess what....I am in full steam and so would you and everyone else (cept Donny maybe)..2011...what's that. That's what I hope and wait for. 82-94-11...14?-15? Who knows...but the canucks are our team and byfuck I am going to cheer for them come hell or like Calgary..high water
Byfuck.....that's the love child of Byfuglien and Boychuk right?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

And maybe we can draft him..byfuck would be special :crazy:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Mondi wrote:Yes.

In my opinion, losing a late third period lead is the worst way to lose a game.
You would rather lose 4/0 than come back and tie..to lose in OT or SO? Is this really what you are saying :?:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Everybody handles their emotions differently.

2011 taught me to not link my personal happiness to that of the Canucks. I was unemployed, I was miserable, the Canucks were the shining star in my life and then it all went to shit.

These days, my emotions are typically contained within the game that I'm watching. If I choose to watch a game, I REALLY watch the game. No watching the game at a bar, no distractions, just a hyper-focus on the game at hand.

Once that hyper-focus is in place, my emotions are held captive by how the game is going and is usually reflected by my postings in the GDT. :)

Now if I could only master of hyper-focusing without the intense emotional swing I would be unstoppable. :lol:

These 3rd period collapses have been very hard on the psyche and they can no longer be classified as one ofs. Hamhuis had a chance to clear the puck last night but flubbed it and Dank in the Anaheim game. When vets are making such basic rookie mistakes against top tier teams, it's hard to not get down on the team.

Holding on to a lead is one of the MOST basic things in hockey. The fact that Vancouver's ability to do this is downward trending and the mistakes are being made, not by scrubs, but by vets makes it that much worse.

Meh. Nothing a fan can but bitch and moan about it though. :)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Yah its tough for sure but there are lines in the sand that some cross and some don't. ( on whine beach)

Can we not see that the vet gaffs you refer to are rookie mistakes as you point out. In my world these types of things are between the ears and very very fixable either by the coach or like bieksa said..by getting out of it one game at a time...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Was a Olympic tribute to past Canuck defence.
Sid channelling his inner Harold
Hanhuis finding his inner Special Ed
Kesler discovering the legs of Ohlund live in his back.

Am I alone in wishing they would play reggae music as Pyatt skated to the penalty box?

So the 4th line energy goon is playing like a 4th line energy goon with the hands of a 4th line energy goon, and it excites you folks Wow. And to think there could soon be a similar set of clubs back with the twins soon.

So part of the reason AV was fired was because the team was coming out at the start of games unprepared. When does the shine fade on Torts 58 minute games?

Best effort I've seen from the team since Xmas ........ for the first 58 minutes.

Four on four is open ice puck possession hockey. Why the hell are the Canucks playing dump and chase?

Look at the confident puck movement of the Pens on the PP and remember days gone by.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^

Bah...facts
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Topper wrote: Am I alone in wishing they would play reggae music as Pyatt skated to the penalty box?
Very likely...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

rats19 wrote:
Mondi wrote:Yes.

In my opinion, losing a late third period lead is the worst way to lose a game.
You would rather lose 4/0 than come back and tie..to lose in OT or SO? Is this really what you are saying :?:
I agree with Mondi on this one. If we lose 4-0, then we're never in the game. Our guys are simply not good enuff or they had a nite off and they'd be pissed and come back with a better effort next game. However, to lose a lead late in the game, it shows our guys can't handle the pressure. They don't have that killer instinct/swagger that elite teams possess. Not sure what it is, the coaching? the right personel? Me thinks the later. :cry:

Topper wrote:Hanhuis finding his inner Special Ed
(Hamhuis*) :lol:
mathonwy wrote:These 3rd period collapses have been very hard on the psyche and they can no longer be classified as one ofs. Hamhuis had a chance to clear the puck last night but flubbed it and Dank in the Anaheim game. When vets are making such basic rookie mistakes against top tier teams, it's hard to not get down on the team.

Holding on to a lead is one of the MOST basic things in hockey. The fact that Vancouver's ability to do this is downward trending and the mistakes are being made, not by scrubs, but by vets makes it that much worse.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this. Hammer is a very good player, but he does make mistakes and he gets outmuscled quite easily, especially when he's over-worked like right now. Some ppl here seem to treat him like a god or a Norris trophy guy.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The sand is tickling my toes...oh look over there on the other side of that line its todd and mondi..

I would rather come back next game trying to win in OT or SO after flubbing the last game but showing we could come back from 4..zip and got a point..
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Topper wrote:A few comments;
I think I understand 85% of your post.

:towel:
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

RoyalDude's Fist Puppet wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this. Hammer is a very good player, but he does make mistakes and he gets outmuscled quite easily, especially when he's over-worked like right now. Some ppl here seem to treat him like a god or a Norris trophy guy.
And he's still a much better player than Dion Phaneuf and 2.5 million a year cheaper.

I feel like Bob Probert pummeling Lars Molin.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Doc's Butt Kisser wrote:And he's still a much better player than Dion Phaneuf and 2.5 million a year cheaper.

I feel like Bob Probert pummeling Lars Molin.
Aye, another Hamhuis worshipper. Don't worry, Hammer our Norris D-man is the best D-man in the whole wide world. Hell, he made the Cdn Olympic squad, he's super good. :P