Pittsburgh @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET TSN,ROOT

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Pittsburgh @ Vancouver 10:00 PM ET TSN,ROOT

Post by rats19 »

Herb is happy.....

But you are missing the love for sestito..I mean he almost pulled s forsberg...lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

rats19 wrote:^^
Royaldude won...in a shootout.. We got 2 goals in 17 secs...then they did in 16 with just a minute or so left.... Took the best in the east to a shootout and no one is happy..go figure
I think I (we) need some of the good drugs that you're taking ratski. Your positivity is absolutely nauseating.

:twisted:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

rats19 wrote:Herb is happy.....

But you are missing the love for sestito..I mean he almost pulled s forsberg...lol
Fuck Sestito... :twisted:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

mathonwy wrote:
rats19 wrote:^^
Royaldude won...in a shootout.. We got 2 goals in 17 secs...then they did in 16 with just a minute or so left.... Took the best in the east to a shootout and no one is happy..go figure
I think I (we) need some of the good drugs that you're taking ratski. Your positivity is absolutely nauseating.

That's hilarious.... I cannot live in a world of dispair.. So I chose to live in a world with rose colored glasses...if that makes you puke...that makes me laugh.. 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

herb wrote:
rats19 wrote:Herb is happy.....

Fuck Sestito... :twisted:
Fair enough herb..but lately him and Zack have shown they have a possible place on our team. IMRCGO
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Totally with you there Rats! Can't live life on an emotional rollercoaster controlled by the Canucks!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

rats19 wrote:Fair enough herb..but lately him and Zack have shown they have a possible place on our team. IMRCGO
Tom has been much improved, I'll give him that. He's gone from ECHL quality player to perhaps an AHL player.

I used to live my life as a Canucks fan getting high or low depending on whether or not the team was winning or losing. That went away for me in 2011. That low was too low and I can't do that anymore. Now able to watch the games from an entertainment standpoint rather than the standpoint of OMG I get heartburn from my anxiety attacks when the team plays.

Fingers are still crossed that Anaheim has a massive regression. SJS and LA were enough in this division without them being awesome too.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Watching SN they said that 10 of our losses have come after we blew third period leads. That's losing 10 points we could not protect. Those 10 points put us in the top 3 of the league (take 2 away from Anaheim since they were one of the losses) suddenly we have 65 points, tied with St. Louis, 2 behind Chicago and Anaheim. Now I haven't bothered adjusting downward the teams we gave those points to, except one game to Anaheim.

Point is Torts is right. If we don't find a way to fix this situation we will not go deep. Bieksa said it best when he said it becomes contagious. It gets in your head. You dig yourself out one game at a time until that becomes contagious.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

We all got kicked hard in 2011... I am not sure the same level of fanatasim can ever be garnered again...I too don't take it as personal and deep as I once did..

But and I will call you a lier if you deny this.

Kane to van
Another big trade
Kids all step in a step up...we get elite once more..guess what....I am in full steam and so would you and everyone else (cept Donny maybe)..2011...what's that. That's what I hope and wait for. 82-94-11...14?-15? Who knows...but the canucks are our team and byfuck I am going to cheer for them come hell or like Calgary..high water
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Mondi wrote:Wow. Last night was one of the worst collapses I've seen in years by the Canucks. And you're happy?

Yes, we're dinged up. But last night was inexcusable as was Sunday.
Yup, but then again I'm more of a big picture kind of guy and don't think there's much to get up in arms about back-to-back shootout losses to two of the best teams in the league with our rookie backup goalie (who is playing better than anybody imagined he would) and some pretty key guys on the IR (not to mention an injured Hank).

Like I said earlier, taking this thing to OT after the second period would have been seen as a small victory by most.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:Point is Torts is right. If we don't find a way to fix this situation we will not go deep. Bieksa said it best when he said it becomes contagious. It gets in your head. You dig yourself out one game at a time until that becomes contagious.
Yes, the blown leads and close losses must be fixed.

But then again great teams like the Pens likely deem blowing 2-0 leads "inexcusable" as well. Don't forget earlier on this year there was a stretch where the Canucks were winning games in come-from-behind fashion seemingly every night. The Canucks are not the only team to "blow leads".
Last edited by herb on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Mondi wrote:This team is built for a first round exit. That's the big picture.
They will probably not get past the several excellent teams in this conference...I'm supposed to get up in arms about this at this point in the season?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Mondi wrote:This team is built for a first round exit. That's the big picture.
It is the big picture at this point in time..yes. Especially in this division. So what now? Whine some more..
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

I didn't find this loss as bad as the last one, even though they were a similar outcome.
- two beautiful canuck goals,
-the last 2 goals in the Anaheim game were brutal lapses on the Canucks part.And the last two goals in this game were a display of why Sid Crosby is considered a elite talent.
-Sestito !!! is he the biggest surprise this year??? Brought in as a obligatory goon he has shown some real skill, great hands, and seems to be improving his game here.Like his aggressiveness, even if it does result in a few bad penalties.
-Hope Bieksa can sort himself out,between mistakes and bad luck he's getting the goat horns securely duct-taped to his head

Another point against another top team,Burrows is set to return.... all is not lost. :shock:

rats19 wrote: I think I (we) need some of the good drugs that you're taking ratski. Your positivity is absolutely nauseating.

That's hilarious.... I cannot live in a world of dispair.. So I chose to live in a world with rose colored glasses...if that makes you puke...that makes me laugh.. 8-)[/quote][/quote]

What makes you puke,makes me laugh..........that's brilliant Rats !! :lol: :lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Our collapse was 1 second worse than Thiers...they have more snipers than we do that's for sure. I don't put us on equeal ice with then teams of Pitts ilk. I think we currently are the 7 th or 8 th best team in the league. But what I believe is we are a trade or 2 and some callups performing away from a top 5 team and as anyone knows a top 5 team is always in contention for the cup. But even the as we all know, the cards and stars need to allign perfectly. We are close and for that I am grateful. I have been a fan when we weren't, this is better.