Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by RyanGinger »

Would it be possible to get Neal? On pace for 41 goals and 88pts in 62 GP. Playing with Crosby probably helped, though.
22-33-17
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RyanGinger wrote:Would it be possible to get Neal? On pace for 41 goals and 88pts in 62 GP. Playing with Crosby probably helped, though.
Probs..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

If we were to trade for JVR, would TOR even want Edler, let alone another Dman? I see few proposals for JVR but when I do Edler is the main piece. Phaneuf, Franson, Rielly, Gardiner, Gunnarsson, Gleason, Edler?
22-33-17
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RyanGinger wrote:Would it be possible to get Neal? On pace for 41 goals and 88pts in 62 GP. Playing with Crosby probably helped, though.
He could be as good as Kevin Stevens or John Cullen!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Neal usually plays on Malkin's line (with Sid on the PP though).

Personally I think Neal is a great player in his own right.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

dbr wrote:
He could be as good as Kevin Stevens or John Cullen!
Or Warren Young even!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Everything here is fantasy, where is there actually any trades or real rumours?

Maybe we need a fantasy thread on its own?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I have succumbed to the fact that this team can't win it all this season, especially given on how well the Cali teams have easily dominated this current canucks team all season long, including last season, which means all these injuries are no excuse.

No way in hell this team can beat LA, SJ or Anaheim in a 7 game series until MG can solidify the top 6 by adding an elite 2nd line scorer to help Kesler, and get a top 4 defense that has the proper mix of natural left and right side dmen that includes a pure QB dman, which means one of Garrison/Edler/Hamhuis has to be dealt to deal with this clusterfck of offside dmen.

Richardson is perfectly fine for the 3rd line center spot imo and we have many elite 3rd line wingers to help him, the 4th line is doing above average lately with Sestito-Dalpe-Weise.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

I agree Skyo...no way we can beat those teams with the current roster. Which is darn depressing...I find it hard to be positive about this team when they are facing a first round opponent that is likely one of Chicago, St Louis, Anaheim, LA or SJS. Gulp.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:I have succumbed to the fact that this team can't win it all this season, especially given on how well the Cali teams have easily dominated this current canucks team all season long, including last season, which means all these injuries are no excuse.

No way in hell this team can beat LA, SJ or Anaheim in a 7 game series until MG can solidify the top 6 by adding an elite 2nd line scorer to help Kesler, and get a top 4 defense that has the proper mix of natural left and right side dmen that includes a pure QB dman, which means one of Garrison/Edler/Hamhuis has to be dealt to deal with this clusterfck of offside dmen.

Richardson is perfectly fine for the 3rd line center spot imo and we have many elite 3rd line wingers to help him, the 4th line is doing above average lately with Sestito-Dalpe-Weise.
If the refs actually call all the penalties as they should, the Canucks might come up with a win in Anaheim (assuming that Sestito stood in front of the net for the all the power plays).
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
SKYO wrote:I have succumbed to the fact that this team can't win it all this season, especially given on how well the Cali teams have easily dominated this current canucks team all season long, including last season, which means all these injuries are no excuse.

If the refs actually call all the penalties as they should, the Canucks might come up with a win in Anaheim (assuming that Sestito stood in front of the net for the all the power plays).
We would also get several "long" 5-on-3 opportunities.....
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:I have succumbed to the fact that this team can't win it all this season,
What took you so long? It was nearly inevitable when the new CBA was signed a year ago and the cap was lowered. There was thought of some cap relief to help the matter from trading Luongo, but we know what happened there.

It was a big part of the reason I thought keeping at least one of Horvat/Gaunce/Shrinkwrap would have been beneficial.

I didn't expect the Canucks to be on the bottom of a dog fight for a playoff spot but a couple of teams are doing better than I expected.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I didn't think anyone thought we would be having a parade this year...poor skyo
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Jovocop wrote:

The refs have not called it for years and wont start ever.

Why can't MG figure out you need assholes on the team to win because in the playoffs the refs ALWAYS put away their whistles.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Reefer2 wrote:The refs have not called it for years and wont start ever.

Why can't MG figure out you need assholes on the team to win because in the playoffs the refs ALWAYS put away their whistles.
Except every time in recent years the Canucks played tough they got nailed by the refs (maybe they're just stupid about how they play tough). Teams can play like Art Ross candidates & the refs will always even it out with a few soft calls. Its so hard to read the reffing in this league, must drive the non-Bruins players nuts sometimes.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy