Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Strangelove wrote: "Phaneuf not untouchable".... GET IT?? :wink:
Phaneuf is not untouchable. For sure, I agree with ya. No one is. If the Great One can be traded, anyone can be had for the right price.
Ummm I was joking about Lucic "touching" Phaneuf in the post-series handshake.

Phaneuf might very well be untradable though (overrated, overpaid).Image

The Leaf fans who like his new contract are of the koolaid-drinking variety.

Todd, why do YOU slurp down Leaf koolaid and refuse to even take a sniff of Canuck koolaid?

What's your game man. :hmmm:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I'm going to try to be a gentleman and avoid personally attacking u, so we can hopefully put this to an end.
Good decision Todd.

So what can we take away from this discussion then...

1). Todd is at the very least a Leaf sympathizer (don’t worry Todd, there is no blacklist). :wink:

2). Todd loves Leaf captain Dion Phaneuf in a love-is-blind kinda way.

Always a pleasure... Todd. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

don't know if this was posted...

Ducks sign Andrew Cogliano to a four-year, $12 million extension
Cogliano 4 yr extension. $2.7, $2.9, $3.1 and $3.3.
Cogliano, on pace for his best season in the NHL, will only receive a slight raise from the $2.67 million he's making this season.

Cogliano has proven to be a reliable bottom-six forward in his seven NHL seasons, to which he has never missed a game, with a streak of 501 consecutive games played.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote:The Leaf fans who like his new contract are of the koolaid-drinking variety.

Todd, why do YOU slurp down Leaf koolaid and refuse to even take a sniff of Canuck koolaid?

What's your game man. :hmmm:
It's simple, it's cuz your assumption that I am a Leaf's fan is false. I really care don't what the Laffs do. They could let him walk, they could sign him for $10M season, I really don't give a rat's ass. Sure, I like to see them do them well, but it's no skin off my back if they don't make the playoffs or go for another 10+ seasons of missing the playoffs again. :P It was widely speculated that Phaneuf would of got $8M+ in the open market, the Laffs lock him up for $7M. They keep their captain and their best D-man, thus me thinks it was a good signing. Sure, he's probably overpaid a bit, but by $1M or so isn't too bad.

Doc: wasn't it u that said we need more SOBs in our lineup? If u watched Diane play consistently, u would luv him more than me. :P How many guys out there can hit like a truck like this?

He's also willing to drop em, although he's not really the best fighter.

I hope this doesn't come across as a slight on Hammer, as I have mentoned before that I like him; however, Dion's game has much more piss and viniger. Hammer does play physical sometimes and his hip checks are awesome, but he is a church/choir boy. Dion on the other hand is a SOB, a pure bada$$. :lol:

I think u mentioned this abt the Laffs/Bs series:

For, what it's worth, I'd take a guy who makes a mistake cuz he's being overagressive as he sees a chance to smoke someone vs a guy who makes a mistake by trying to be Bobby Orr.

Is Phaneuf overated? Yeah, probably, but he's still a hell of a player who brings a lot to the table. He's a lot like Jovo, ppl used to say Jovo had million dollar talent, but a 2 cent brain. In Phaneuf's case, he has $50 million talent and a 2 cent brain. :lol: He may not be the smartest player and he will make his share of mistakes, but he's the type of player the Nucks desperately need.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Is Phaneuf overated? Yeah, probably, but he's still a hell of a player who brings a lot to the table. He's a lot like Jovo, ppl used to say Jovo had million dollar talent, but a 2 cent brain. In Phaneuf's case, he has $50 million talent and a 2 cent brain. :lol: He may not be the smartest player and he will make his share of mistakes, but he's the type of player the Nucks desperately need.
Todd, you really need to stop before you end up being perceived as a total moron and not just a half-wit.

Jovo was a more talented player than Phaneuf, just not as strong and didn't throw hits the same way. Jovo was also a better skater. They were equally as stupid when it came to decision making with the puck at times and making bad pinches.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:(don’t worry Todd, there is no blacklist). :wink:
:mex: 8-) :mex:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: It was widely speculated that Phaneuf would of got $8M+ in the open market
Not true.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sure, he's probably overpaid a bit, but by $1M or so isn't too bad.

Is Phaneuf overated? Yeah, probably

He's a lot like Jovo
Jovo in his prime was twice the player Phaneuf is.

He was also twice as smart, although that's not saying much.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

viewtopic.php?p=189900#p189900
Todd Bersnoozi [color=#FF0000]Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:04 pm[/color] wrote:
Sure, I like to see the Laffs do well.
viewtopic.php?p=189805#p189805
Todd Bersnoozi [color=#FF0000]Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:21 am[/color] wrote:
For what it's worth, I do like the Laffs.

I'm not saying the leaves are a Cup contender, but they're going to make some noise in the next few years. They're a darkhorse team, mark my words.
Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:(don’t worry Todd, there is no blacklist). :wink:
:mex: 8-) :mex:
:wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hammer is a legitimate first pairing defensemen who is being talked about being included on the Canadian Olympic team. The pundits are saying that he's the best left handed D-man of the bunch. In my opinion, Hammer is the best all-around D-man the Canucks have ever had.

Phaneuf is a second pairing D-Man that is being used as a first pairing D-Man because the Laughs D-core is a clusterfuck. He's a billion times more aggressive than Hammer but he's also a billion times stupider than Hammer. Phaneuf's aggressiveness has time after time taken him out of the play leading to outnumbered chances by the opposition.

Would I take Phaneuf on our team as a second pairing D-man? I would. He's better than Bieksa in all categories and whether its because he's playing in Toronto or because he's the captain, he seems to "bring it" a lot more. Would I take Phaneuf at 7M a year to be a second pairing D-Man? Nope. Our main problems aren't on the blue line, its in our top 6.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I'm quite enjoying the 24/7 HBO series leading up to the Wings/leaves Winter Classic. They were showing it on SportsNet. It gets into the personal lives of the players, shows some things that happens on the ice during games, goes inside the dressing room and shows what coaches say during practice and game situations. It's really well done and if u luv game, u will luv this series. I'll probably get accused of being a Laffs fan again. :lol:

Here are some samples:

My old buddy Bert. :lol:

I really liked Coach Carlyle. He comes across as a father figure (firm yet respectful) to the players. I think Burkie gave him his break in Manitoba. I think he'd be a good coach for our guys, but at the time, Crow was not going anywhere. I have no complaints with Torts right now though and I like the job he's doing.

Last one I had to share. :lol:

I hope they do one for the Nucks/Sens Heritage game. There's no American team in it, so HBO probably won't do it. Maybe the CBC can do something similar, since they won't doing the NHL anymore. Go out with a bang. It'd be sweet to get behind the scenes and see our Nuckleheads. :D
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I'm quite enjoying the 24/7 HBO series leading up to the Wings/leaves Winter Classic. They were showing it on SportsNet. It gets into the personal lives of the players, shows some things that happens on the ice during games, goes inside the dressing room and shows what coaches say during practice and game situations. It's really well done and if u luv game, u will luv this series. I'll probably get accused of being a Laffs fan again. :lol:
I don't mind the red wings stuff but watching David Clarkson IRL just pisses me off. I really don't give a shit about that whiny lil bitch.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

beachcombers.jpg
beachcombers.jpg (24.27 KiB) Viewed 3769 times

Separated at birth?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The best one is Crosby/Phaneuf, with Crosby saying Kadri is a fucking joke :lol:

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

mathonwy wrote:I don't mind the red wings stuff but watching David Clarkson IRL just pisses me off. I really don't give a shit about that whiny lil bitch.
Wow, that clip just totally changed my opinion of Clarkson. Whiner is right.

Love that one w/ Crosby giving it to Phaneuf about Kadri.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:The best one is Crosby/Phaneuf, with Crosby saying Kadri is a fucking joke :lol:
Kadri has his side of the story with his battle with Sid though. :)

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote:The best one is Crosby/Phaneuf, with Crosby saying Kadri is a fucking joke :lol:
Kadri has his side of the story with his battle with Sid though. :)

Yeah. Cuz he's saying what he really thinks with an HBO crew hanging out in his living room...