GDT: January 4th - Canucks @ Kings 7pm CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: January 4th - Canucks @ Kings 7pm CBC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

$lacker wrote:
rats19 wrote:Healy is a fucktard.... What a complete idiot..
I don't normally buy into the whole CBC hates the canucks thing but holy shit that 1st intermission was a joke. Heads up Healy, Canucks dominated that period outside of 5 mins.
Yep. Unreal amount of love for how good the Kings are and how overrated Vancouver is. "Yes, it all stems from 2012 when the Kings beat the Canucks, but Kesler wasn't 100%." Totally forgot Daniel was out with a concussion since March and missed the first 3 games of the series.

Sad... but at the same time worth noting that half these people will not have jobs next year. That's comforting. I bet the drug dealers in Toronto will feel the pinch. One of the CBC analysts is rumoured to be a crackhead.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

lol.... clean hit. These are the penalties you have to kill, because those are the hits you want your guys to make.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

slump busters, Luongo looked really good though
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

I hate the kings.

Heartbreaking loss for the Canucks. Half the team wasn't very effective though. For example, Booth did nothing but you could see him on the ice. I didn't see enough from Higgins. Garrison was a step behind. Closer game than the score would indicate. Canucks started well but the Kings finished better.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

UNDERWHELMING. Could be in for a prolonged losing streak here given the quality of teams they're facing on this road trip and beyond. No sustained pressure other than for a part of the first period.
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Weak effort by Garrison on the winning goal. No defensive depth the top four d are worn out and can't handle the Kings heavy forechecking. Team is two to three plAyers away even when Edler and the biter return. Doubtful Eye Bags has the assets or the testicles go give the team a mini makeover
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Where the fuck was the retribution for constantly running luongo all night and where the fuck was the push back at the final whistle
Kassian Sestito Weise bieksa booth santo ....anyone ???
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Dustin Brown is a piece of shit. I would stand up and cheer if someone hung a knee and ended his career. Good goal, but then he just sells the contact and doesn't even try to slow down.

The Sedins are officially a $14M complete waste of cap-space against big strong teams. Totally useless.

Higgins is struggling lately, Santorelli and Kesler are carrying him right now.

Booth is terrible.

Luongo has stood on his head tonight. No chance on the first goal, down a bit early on the second, but he faced 48 shots. The Canucks just can't handle teams that are big and play aggressive like LA.

Are some of the Kings player's wives under the desks of the CBC crew tonight? Quick has made a few good saves, but you'd think he was the one facing 50 shots. Everything LA does is a "good old fashioned hockey play" no matter how questionable.

I realize that we weren't going to replace the Sedins production in free agency, but I think Gillis should have considered ditching the NTC/NMC and paying them a million more each and moving them to an eastern based team where they could still be productive. There are 3 teams in our division that we will not get past in the playoffs with them as our go-to forwards. When your goaltender makes 46 saves and you you lose 2-1 there is a serious problem. The current approach just isn't working, the Sedinery has been nullified. I realize we had a few chances where they puck just bounced over a stick.....but how much longer are we going to have to watch these kind of bounces against San Jose, LA, and Anaheim?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Weak effort by Garrison on the winning goal. No defensive depth the top four d are worn out and can't handle the Kings heavy forechecking. Team is two to three plAyers away even when Edler and the biter return. Doubtful Eye Bags has the assets or the testicles go give the team a mini makeover
The top 4 defense being fresh wouldn't make a difference. It's not the blueliners, it's the forwards. They don't support very effectively, and when the defense do make a pass to a forward the forwards can't breakout. On offense the forwards (outside of Kes and Santo) stand around statically with their sticks up their ass and just feed the point for a cycle. When Garrison finally unloads a shot nobody is really at the net.

The blueline is fine. We just have 8 forwards who can actually contribute against a team like the Kings.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:Where the fuck was the retribution for constantly running luongo all night and where the fuck was the push back at the final whistle
Kassian Sestito Weise bieksa booth santo ....anyone ???
Yeah, if I was Luongo I'd be asking a few questions in the room. Torts should rip the team a new one for that while he's busy tearing them up for the shit effort after the 1st period.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Mëds wrote:Dustin Brown is a piece of shit. I would stand up and cheer if someone hung a knee and ended his career. Good goal, but then he just sells the contact and doesn't even try to slow down.

The Sedins are officially a $14M complete waste of cap-space against big strong teams. Totally useless.

Higgins is struggling lately, Santorelli and Kesler are carrying him right now.

Booth is terrible.

Luongo has stood on his head tonight. No chance on the first goal, down a bit early on the second, but he faced 48 shots. The Canucks just can't handle teams that are big and play aggressive like LA.

Are some of the Kings player's wives under the desks of the CBC crew tonight? Quick has made a few good saves, but you'd think he was the one facing 50 shots. Everything LA does is a "good old fashioned hockey play" no matter how questionable.

I realize that we weren't going to replace the Sedins production in free agency, but I think Gillis should have considered ditching the NTC/NMC and paying them a million more each and moving them to an eastern based team where they could still be productive. There are 3 teams in our division that we will not get past in the playoffs with them as our go-to forwards. When your goaltender makes 46 saves and you you lose 2-1 there is a serious problem. The current approach just isn't working, the Sedinery has been nullified. I realize we had a few chances where they puck just bounced over a stick.....but how much longer are we going to have to watch these kind of bounces against San Jose, LA, and Anaheim?
good post Mëds, i think you're on the money. Ole Torts can only do so much with the horses he has.
cc oldtimer
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Mondi wrote:Canucks are a soft team.
Tell that to Justin Williams. Sestito murdered him.

The Canucks will get better against the likes of the Kings/Anaheim. The kids we're drafting are bigger, stronger on the walls, and the players we've picked up are better in the mucking and grinding. CBC loves the Kings. The Canucks will be better at shitty hockey than them in a year or two.

Booth/Kassian looked good in the first. Got lost as the game went on. We need those guys to keep up their play, even when it doesn't click.

Mëds is shitting his pants over the Sedins... without Daniel we don't even score tonight. We need the Sedins.

What we really need is another guy who can carry a line. Kesler can't carry a line. He's not a first-liner. Look at Jeff Carter. Guy can turn a game on a shift. We don't have that. We need our Hossa/Sharp, our Carter/Williams. The Canucks (still) lack secondary scoring, and we won't be competitive until someone not named Sedin can create offense for us.

Glen Healey is a twat. He wouldn't know good shit if it railed up his nose. ;)
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Luongo's message to Canada's Olympic selection committee was clear.

Team effort improved, but there's too few guys trying to carry too much load.

Injured player returns won't make the Canucks a contender.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mondi wrote:Sestito is arguably our only forward who hits and, yes, he is not soft. The team is soft (by NHL standards).
No they are not a soft team by NHL standards. However they are softer and smaller than the Kings, the Blues and the Bruins. They are less skilled than the Pens, the Hawks, the Sharks and the Ducks. It is about a 6 seed in a brutally tough conference and a top 10 team overall. They are pretty good but need a couple tweaks to play with the big boys.

Mëds get your head out of your anus. The blueline is not fucking fine when it has to give icetime to Corrado and Weber while Torts pounds the shit out of the top guys. They are fucking gassed and can't handle a heavy forecheck and heavy pressure. Sure the forwards could be supporting them better but even if they were the d men fumble and bumble the puck too much and do not move it quickly atm. They did in the first period but then they failed to adjust to the Kings behemoths bearing down on them.

I'm sure the dude is licking his lips after his Swanson Hungry Man and a case of Lucky. Thing is some of us can say Gillis needs to make some adjustments and that the team as currently constructed isn't quite good enough. We may even say it a few times, just not 3500 times.

I laugh in the face of the clowns who want to dump Edler for nothing.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Edler may be the Canucks best option for a hockey trade that significantly improves two clubs.
The trade could also be the catalyst required to get Edler to the next level, although he may not see it that way.

He's frustrating to watch, because we've seen glimpses of his unrealized potential.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.