From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blaster86
CC Veteran

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Blaster86 »

Reefer2 wrote:
And it would happen to in Calgary if they had a real night scene.

Shit like this happens everywhere, when a) you have alcohol b) boys with small .... c) boys with egos bigger than their small ....
Maybe, which a lot of Vancouver-based posters on CP are saying.
Reefer2 wrote:Sorry Blaster CP is not the best site, majority of their posters are not the brightest bulbs around, and they drove all the good posters.
No shit. I never said they were good. What I said was most people were defending the Vancouver club scene, not bashing it as the guy with anger issues stated.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Mëds wrote:When you look at the state of Flamedom, you have to at least give a nod to the Oiler brass (of the time) for recognizing that they needed to rebuild.

2004: The Flames ride Kiprusoff to the finals and lose in game 7. For some unknown reason hockey "minds" everywhere are suddenly calling them next year's favorites to win it all.....and Calgary's management and fans drank that Kool-Aid like it was the gospel when what they should have done is seen that Iginla and Kiprusoff do not a team make. They painted some of their players as the type of guy that every team should build around when really they only had two who fit that bill. Now, almost 10 years later they are one of the worst teams in the league, and got next to nothing for their two superstars at the end of the day. It's hilarious really, in 8 seasons they never added a single piece that got them closer to being a contender, they didn't draft anyone of note other than Phaneuf, a neanderthal who ended up proving he actually did look the part. I almost pity them.

2006: The Oilers ride a hot goaltender, a lucky Horcoff, and Chris Pronger, to the finals and come up a game short. The next year Pronger is gone, and they recognize that it is time to consider re-tooling. They make a few moves that don't pan out, and then tank hard enough to start rebuilding via the draft. They didn't hang on to some blind hope that 2006 wasn't just a fluke, they called a spade a spade, and the only truly bone-headed thing they did was overpay Horcoff by almost 75% of what he's actually worth. Now they just can't attract talent and are proving that they don't actually know how to draft.
Sorry Mëds,

Your heart is in the right place, but I'll have to disagree with some comments.

Calgary: The 2004 Flames were much more than just a hot goalie. After a very slow start to the season, they played about .700 hockey the rest of the way and were a damn good team by the time the playoffs hit. Iginla was an absolute beast in the playoffs, and the entire team was extremely hard working and fought tooth and nail in the corners. Sutter coached that team exceptionally well. Even in 2005/2006, the Ducks were actually pretty lucky to get by the Flames. It was a 7 game series that probably should have gone the Flames' way. The Flames lost a few close 1st rounders over the next few years......before they were finally soundly spanked by the Hawks in 09' (6 game series but should have been worse) and faded into oblivion.

Edmonton: Roloson was obviously on fire during the playoffs that year, but the Oilers were a damn good team in 2006. The only reason why the Oilers were an 8th seeded team that year, was because they had a minor league calibre goalie tending their nets for most of the season (before they made the Roloson deal at the deadline). Pronger's wife then destroyed that city, LOL. I agree with the rest of your assessement here.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The posters there are really out doing themselves today or this week.

I have never seen so people with such a complex that they must feel compelled to post about another city so much and put that city down just to make themselves feel better.

I really do feel sorry for them with such a sad life they must live.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So now Mark Giordano should be on the Canadian Olympic team. Fuck me do not change Bountiful . Darcy Blackmore and his little tards are the best. I love that place !!!
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Its that time of year. The tards brains are frozen. By July(their one month of plus temperatures) they are actually able to move by putting one foot in front of the other.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Alberts is up for an academy award for his performance.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hilarious because the guy would obviously not return to the game just to fuck a powerhouse of a team like the Flames out of a key player potentially getting suspended
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I laughed and I cried reading that shit over there. They all talked like neurologists when I swear some of them must have been knocked out repeatedly as toddlers. 'Twas priceless.

I only noticed 2-3 trumped-up 'I was sitting by some db Canuck fans' posts. Must have been an off day for them. :lol:

Like anybody would trade Tom Wilson for Mike Camalleri.... that cowshit they're smoking must be fucking them up royally.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Serious question guys,

Was Kesler diving last game against the Flames?

I didn't get to see the entire game and so I'm not sure.

According to Calpuck however, he made a few dives and was being a dickhead a la Brad Marchand style.

Any truth to this?

If so - I hope Torts has a talk with Kesler to not do that shit. Chirping is ok to an extent, but it only seems that we are NOW SLOWLY beginning to get some objectivity and respect from the refs......due to the perception and understanding that Torts has changed the culture of this team (either that, or the refs do not perceive us to be an elite team anymore and so they don't feel compelled to screw us over).

Regardless - I hope Kesler stops doing that if he was in fact diving.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

The Brown Knight wrote:Serious question guys,

Was Kesler diving last game against the Flames?

I didn't get to see the entire game and so I'm not sure.

According to Calpuck however, he made a few dives and was being a dickhead a la Brad Marchand style.

Any truth to this?

If so - I hope Torts has a talk with Kesler to not do that shit. Chirping is ok to an extent, but it only seems that we are NOW SLOWLY beginning to get some objectivity and respect from the refs......due to the perception and understanding that Torts has changed the culture of this team (either that, or the refs do not perceive us to be an elite team anymore and so they don't feel compelled to screw us over).

Regardless - I hope Kesler stops doing that if he was in fact diving.

Are you kidding?
Anything coming from Calpuke has nothing even remotely resembling reality. Those tards think the earth is flat, they have a hard time putting one foot in front of the other to propel themselves down the sidewalk. Must I go on? Fuck Kesler played a great game against the Flamers and they would give their left nut to have him on their team.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It is an absolute disgrace to real hockey fans everywhere. The thread on Alberts diving brings whole new meaning to brainwashed idiot inbreds. Shame on them for even trying.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

Hockey Widow wrote:It is an absolute disgrace to real hockey fans everywhere. The thread on Alberts diving brings whole new meaning to brainwashed idiot inbreds. Shame on them for even trying.
When Moon, a guy notorious for saying the opposite of what is true just to start an argument, seriouses up and says "The fuck are you guys saying?" You have to realize your point is probably a bit fucking mental.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Calgary Sun:
Brian McGrattan didn’t hear a peep from NHL headquarters Monday morning.

He wasn’t expecting to, either.

The Calgary Flames enforcer didn’t think league disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan would see anything wrong with Sunday’s hit on Andrew Alberts, which resulted in an elbowing major for McGrattan and a concussion for the Vancouver Canucks defenceman.

“I’ve seen the hit. It was a shoulder-to-shoulder hit,” McGrattan said after Monday’s practice at the Saddledome. “Unfortunately, he went down, but the elbow wasn’t up, shoulder wasn’t up. Didn’t target the head. That’s my take on it.”
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

McGrattan is lucky he has a contract with one of the worst teams in the NHL. His team is 14-20-6 and could end up being the worst team in the NHL this season. He's a terrible player on a terrible team. Alberts isn't a star player, but a forearm to the face from a plug like that... he's the kind of player clown that should be forced out of the league.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Flames have scored 1 goal in their last 4 games.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.