Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by The Brown Knight »

Change of heart boys,

I'm not sure I like the idea of trading Horvat, Shinkaruk, etc, etc. for Evander Kane.

I'm going to be back to my original line of thought in stating that unless we're in contention for a true franchise player like a Giroux or a Malkin, that trading our farm for a solid player isn't adviseable.

I know it's tempting to "go for it" and bring in a star player, but this is what the Flames and leaves did.........and they ended up depleting their farm while remaining a middle-of-the-road team that steadily declined.

I look at this team and maybe we do have a pretty decent future ahead. Lack, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Tanev, Kassian, Corrado, etc.

I still think that this team needs a true franchise player once the twins fade/retire (which is why I made my thread the other day about the twins), but this Canucks team looks like it will have a pretty solid foundation for the future.

Keep things as is.

And yes - this probably is the biggest 180 flip-flop that I've ever made on here. :D

p.s._______Subject to another change of heart in a few months. You've been forewarned. For now though, I say we keep things as is.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Evander Kane is a pipe dream, caped Garam Masala crusader of Gotham. Somebody was just feeding Hockey Widow some scoop that somebody overheard Gillis mumbling from a drunken stupor down at Trader Vics with the rest of the eye bag whiskey drinkers

Jets already have a very serviceable defence with Enstrom, Buffy, Bogosian, Trouba and Stuart, not to mention that defenseman on team Canada's WJC' team - josh Morrisey was drafted 13th overall by the Jets in the 2013 draft. They certainly do not need an Edler for Kane as the main parts. Jets need forwards badly, not defence and so getting that deal done would have to involve Horvat and parts. Don't see that happening

Schroeder/Booth for Andrew Ladd is a more realistic trade scenario
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Evander Kane is a pipe dream, caped Garam Masala crusader of Gotham. Somebody was just feeding Hockey Widow some scoop that somebody overheard Gillis mumbling from a drunken stupor down at Trader Vics with the rest of the eye bag whiskey drinkers

Jets already have a very serviceable defence with Enstrom, Buffy, Bogosian, Trouba and Stuart. They certainly do not need an Edler for Kane as the main parts. Jets need forwards not defence and so getting that deal done would have to involve Horvat and parts. Don't see that happening

Ladd ? where do I sign?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^
Just below my signature..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote:Evander Kane is a pipe dream, caped Garam Masala crusader of Gotham. Somebody was just feeding Hockey Widow some scoop that somebody overheard Gillis mumbling from a drunken stupor down at Trader Vics with the rest of the eye bag whiskey drinkers

Jets already have a very serviceable defence with Enstrom, Buffy, Bogosian, Trouba and Stuart, not to mention that defenseman on team Canada's WJC' team - josh Morrisey was drafted 13th overall by the Jets in the 2013 draft. They certainly do not need an Edler for Kane as the main parts. Jets need forwards badly, not defence and so getting that deal done would have to involve Horvat and parts. Don't see that happening

Lol good post RD. The more I think about it, the more I just don't want to part ways with any of our top young guys.

Schroeder and Booth for Ladd? I think I'd be a little too heart broken if we got rid of our resident bear Hunter. :P Ladd would be tremendous though.....although I wonder if him and Kesler would be able to co-exist?

Ps - Hey RD - do you keep in touch with THINKER at all? What happened to him do you know? I was booted from Canuckscentral about 5 years earlier than most of you and so I don't know what transpired over there. (Other than the fact that Creeper became a huge 1st line star).
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

Edler, Hansen, 1st for Simmonds
Sign Callahan (5.1m) and either Boyes/Frolik (between 2-3m) in the offseason

Sedin---Sedin---Kass
Simmonds---Kesler---Callahan
Higgins---Santorelli---Frolik/Boyes or Burr
Richardson---Horvat---Burr or Frolik/Boyes

Depending on Santo's, Kassian's, and other UFA/RFA resigning costs, it should be cap compliant.
22-33-17
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I dunno, do you think that will be enough to nab Simmons?

Maybe we should throw in Horvat?

:roll:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Flames have traded former 1st round pick and Heat regular Greg Nemisz for truculent Kevan Westgarth.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RyanGinger wrote:Edler, Hansen, 1st for Simmonds
And, maybe buy an ounce of crack for $20 while you are at it.

Seriously, what makes that guy worth so much? I'd expect we'd get him for Edler, or even less. If we even really want him that badly (although, I do like his long contract).
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tciso wrote:
And, maybe buy an ounce of crack for $20 while you are at it.

Seriously, what makes that guy worth so much? I'd expect we'd get him for Edler, or even less. If we even really want him that badly (although, I do like his long contract).
LOL, that is a bad trade for us. Sort of like trading Cam Neely and our 1st pick (4th overall was it?) for Pederson

Fuck that Neely trade was bad, I will never get over it, that trade has cursed this team eternally. Who the fuck trades a 21 year old Vancouver boy, power forward, tough with amazing skills, 4th pick in the draft for a small, slow older centre with health issues??? Has to be a fucking conspiracy.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

BladesofSteel wrote:I dunno, do you think that will be enough to nab Simmons?

Maybe we should throw in Horvat?

:roll:
:mex:
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

Wouldn't mind JVR. Might play with Kes in Sochi
22-33-17
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Sedin---Sedin---Kass

Depending on Santo's, Kassian's, and other UFA/RFA resigning costs, it should be cap compliant.
While we're at it we should probably trade Horvat, Hamhuis, and Burrows for Joel Ward and John Erskine.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:

Sedin---Sedin---Kass

While we're at it we should probably trade Horvat, Hamhuis, and Burrows for Joel Ward and John Erskine.
Is Grant Fuhr still around?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

mathonwy wrote:Is Grant Fuhr still around?
Actually, if no one is going to stand up for our goalies after they get run over a few times in Cali, let's get a guy who will stand up for himself... Ray Emery! Didn't Lou tweet after that if he sees Emery going after him, he's going to run? That just tells u all u need to know about Lou. :lol: