Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Interesting signing, the kid is putting up good numbers but he is an undrafted overager. Archibald put up decent numbers as a 20 year old in the OHL too. Apparently he is Gaunces line mate. Apparently he isn't the greatest skater either, but hey Chef Boi RD is optimistic with the signing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Glen Healey said the Canucks were a lock for the playoffs. I'm feeling pretty good about the Nucks' making the playoffs, but once a knucklehead like Healey jumps on board, it starts to worry me. Hopefully, there's no Healey curse...other than the cure of Healey being Healey.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The Chatham Voice, on Dane Fox - Dec 24:
Dane Fox has come a long way in his five Ontario Hockey League seasons. From playing for a powerhouse London Knights team, to going unselected in his NHL draft year on a weak Erie Otters club, to helping the same Otters franchise build into one of the country’s top teams.

He also happened to lead the OHL in goal scoring this season.

“My success this season has been a pleasant surprise,” said Fox about his pace of more than goal per game this year. “I am focusing more in practices and trying to do the little things that seem to add up, like shooting more, stopping in front of the net. I am also taking care of my body off the ice.”

Fox, who was the OHL’s player of the month in November, is tearing up the ice, leading the league in goals by bundles, and playing a key offensive role on a team already loaded with threats at forward, including Toronto Maple leaves prospect Connor Brown, Washington Capitals first rounder Andre Burakovsky, Vancouver Canucks first rounder Brandon Gaunce, and possible future NHL first overall pick Connor McDavid.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I did a Dane Fox search on youtube and the first page is pretty much him fighting. :| Boy, the kid sure seems to luv to scrap. Maybe he'll be our next Rypien with a higher skill set. We also have another prospect that can do the Forsberg move. :D

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Keep in mind, Tom 'seeing eye shot' Sestito scored 40 goals one season as a 19 year old in the OHL

The Eerie Otters are the best team in junior with crazy offence

Still somewhat optimistic with the signing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

RoyalDude wrote:Keep in mind, Tom 'seeing eye shot' Sestito scored 40 goals one season as a 19 year old in the OHL
That's two genius signings for Gillis
RoyalDude wrote: The Eerie Otters are the best team in junior with crazy offence

Still somewhat optimistic with the signing
Inclined to agree. Positive signing but he hasn't stolen the next Pavel Bure out from everybody's noses.

At worst, a decent "return" on letting Hamill go. Lose nothing gain nothing.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

rats19 wrote:the term "overager" is being used so much over at dotcom...but he is 20 yrs old...not 36 FFS..
It's a super specific term within the CHL, basically he would have been eligible to play pro hockey this year but because he was undrafted and unsigned returned for a fifth season of junior.. a given CHL team can only have three of these players.

Basically 20 is ancient by junior standards just like 36 is by professional hockey player standards just like.. uhh, a few years older than you are now :look: , is ancient by normal people standards.
als0 41 goals in 35 games . They say he may gel well with gaunce next year in utica..

Almost 2ppg...who of our younguns is doing that?
Yeah I don't have any problem with the signing myself. I haven't been reading much on it but I see questions about the guys NHL upside, evidently from people who don't realize that we have an AHL team to stock now too.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - Frank Corrado called up by the Canucks.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Can only mean Alberts is staring in a Cecil B De Mille epic.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

dbr wrote:
rats19 wrote:the term "overager" is being used so much over at dotcom...but he is 20 yrs old...not 36 FFS..
It's a super specific term within the CHL, basically he would have been eligible to play pro hockey this year but because he was undrafted and unsigned returned for a fifth season of junior.. a given CHL team can only have three of these players.

Basically 20 is ancient by junior standards just like 36 is by professional hockey player standards just like.. uhh, a few years older than you are now :look: , is ancient by normal people standards.
als0 41 goals in 35 games . They say he may gel well with gaunce next year in utica..

Almost 2ppg...who of our younguns is doing that?
Yeah I don't have any problem with the signing myself. I haven't been reading much on it but I see questions about the guys NHL upside, evidently from people who don't realize that we have an AHL team to stock now too.
Yep, give the guy a shot and he either succeeds and becomes another Burrows :) or another Holden :(

The Show....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Did anyone see the stat last night where over the month of Dec they had the best GAA?

Was this correct in what I saw or did I miss understand that?

LA is lights out ahead of the rest of the league season stats so far but I am impressed with the Nucks.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

At a quick glance we've allowed 17 goals through 12 games in December. I'm not going to go check other teams but I'd imagine there aren't many under 1.5 GAA for the month.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

This Torts system is a joke. There is no way this club will succeed if it only allows 1.5 GA a game.

8-)
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

BladesofSteel wrote:This Torts system is a joke. There is no way this club will succeed if it only allows 1.5 GA a game.

8-)
Man, you're going to need surgery to remove your tongue from your cheek after that one. :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:Can only mean Alberts is staring in a Cecil B De Mille epic.
What is he staring at? :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.