Canucks @ Flames - Sun Dec 29, 4:30 SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks @ Flames - Sun Dec 29, 4:30 SNET

Post by rats19 »

Good for Eddie...2pts broad street bullies next.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

More than anything I like the fact that we're playing the same lines game after game. That, and the fact that our PK rocks! If we're gonna make a cup run, I'd rather it be as the underdog ... It's more in keeping with Canucks culture.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Geez this place is as lively as a meth party at Bersnoozis crib with Pacific Blue playing Eagles records all night. I don't expect Bountiful 40 page threads for games but this place is DOA atm.

Two points is two points . Gotta love it beating the Flames regardless of how shitty they are. That team is a ways away from being a playoff team. What a disaster Feaster and Dutter before him have left for Burke.

Perusing Bingos retard farm over a beer or three is good reading. "Gio" the Olympian was pretty invisible tonight.

LOL at Brian Lawton saying the Canucks should just go get A Ladd. I'd love to see him here too but the Jets aren't shopping him at all. I agree they are a top 6 winger away, but he has to be the right player. Add in a depth d man and the team could go on quite a roll with a break or too.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Lack attack pack must be going...nuts
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Perusing Bingos retard farm over a beer or three is good reading.
LOL, 5 pages of McGratton being jobbed by the refs and Alberts diving. 5 more pages of SPac jobbing McGratton, 6 pages of "it wasn't an elbow to the head, it was a forearm to the neck". 3 pages of Berra vs Ramo, 3 pages of Kesler is a douchebag, 2 pages of SOB is fantastic and under rated (before his stupid pass leading to the second goal). 2 pages of Telus panda commercial and Mary Poppins, 2 pages complaining about Kerr/Simmer.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Well we certainly have a goaltending controversy now! :crazy:

:lol:

Seriously though, it was a really good game for Lack, not a lot of action, but he was solid and got a bit of luck from the inside of his post at the end there. I'm not quite sure who it was (HW I think) who said they feel more confident of the shutout in the dying minutes when Eddie is in versus Lou. Same here. Nothing phases this kid, and probably because he is so young and inexperienced at this level to know better.....which is exactly what you want when you are trying to make a run as an underdog team.

Our second line was our best again tonight.

The Sedins definitely need a different winger other than Hansen. Our Danish Dash is a real workhorse and great at giving the twins a long bomb outlet for breakaways, like we saw tonight, but due to the Sedin's lack of foot speed they need someone else once they get into the offensive zone. Hansen just doesn't support them the way Burrows did. Not getting down on Jannik, but I would try swapping him for Kassian in games like this where the Canucks are up against a team that has to earn its way on defense and will just grind it out the way the Flames do. We see less from the Sedins against these type of teams of late because they don't have time on the wall. Hansen is a good fit with them when up against a team that plays a less lunch-bucket style of hockey and the Sedins have a little more room to move around and create their own space.

Really liked Daniel's effort in front of Berra when Giordano was sitting on top of him. Slick move to glove it to his stick and get then try to sweep it behind Berra's skate and bank it in.....almost worked.

Was really happy to see Sestito answer the bell early on. McGratton is a tough customer and he stood in there and exchanged blows with him after that hit on Alberts. Speaking of......will we see Frankie tomorrow now?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Perusing Bingos retard farm over a beer or three is good reading.
LOL, 5 pages of McGratton being jobbed by the refs and Alberts diving. 5 more pages of SPac jobbing McGratton, 6 pages of "it wasn't an elbow to the head, it was a forearm to the neck".
Oh, well that makes it OK then I suppose. What a fucking bush league this is when the ref can't see that that was a clean hit. :roll:

That place is hilarious.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote:Nothing phases this kid, and probably because he is so young and inexperienced at this level to know better.....which is exactly what you want when you are trying to make a run as an underdog.
Um, so what are you saying, exactly?
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Geez this place is as lively as a meth party at Bersnoozis crib with Pacific Blue playing Eagles records all night. I don't expect Bountiful 40 page threads for games but this place is DOA atm.
DON'T be Slammin the EAGLES Mutha F'er :shock: Greatest hits=biggest selling album of da 20th century....chew on it chumley!!!

Other than the obvious stars of the game,Dalpe and Weber looked good! Hansens time w/da' twins is starting to really gel!!! :drink:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Arachnid wrote:GOALIE CONTROVERSY! :mrgreen:
rats19 wrote:Lack attack pack must be going...nuts
Cory Schneids 2.0! :lol:

& yeah, nice to see Sestito stick up for Fat Alberts like that.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Arachnid wrote:GOALIE CONTROVERSY! :mrgreen:
rats19 wrote:Lack attack pack must be going...nuts
Cory Schneids 2.0! :lol:

& yeah, nice to see Sestito stick up for Fat Alberts like that.
Maybe we can trade him next year to draft that Mick Connor

:eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Arachnid wrote:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Maybe we can trade him next year to draft that Mick Connor

:eh:
No Need Spidey .We got Dane Fox,,,,,,that's right brutha....Dane Freakin Fox !!
chew on that Chumley
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

dangler wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Geez this place is as lively as a meth party at Bersnoozis crib with Pacific Blue playing Eagles records all night. I don't expect Bountiful 40 page threads for games but this place is DOA atm.
DON'T be Slammin the EAGLES Mutha F'er :shock: Greatest hits=biggest selling album of da 20th century....chew on it chumley!!!

Other than the obvious stars of the game,Dalpe and Weber looked good! Hansens time w/da' twins is starting to really gel!!! :drink:

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

great save by Lack!

great game by all but Garrison has had better games.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I liked this game, Henrik with his cut ear made a "Günther Netzer" pass right to the honey badger who trickles on his lazer shot. :mrgreen:

Then Mike "Santa" with help from the beast, thats GOLDEN... :rockin:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'