Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Topper »

Mondi wrote:Word Perfect? :wow:
LOL

Easier to just open the search in a separate browser tab.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mondi wrote:Word Perfect? :wow:
Tool Box
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
No doubt, I like the posts by RD. He doesn't buy the Kool-Aid that alot of ppl here are druken with. He's not afraid to speak his thoughts and swim against the stream, for that I respect him. There's a word called loyalty, if a teammate is taking a lot of heat and punishment, u gotta be willing to step into the filth to back him up. If he makes the right call, I'm going to pump his tires. He called it on Shinkaruk, so I'm giving him kudos. Why is it that u care? :mex:
Translated in english: RD's ass is nice and warm despite the smell. I no longer need to wear a touque in the winter.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Wow, someone sure follows RD religiously and sure has a lot of time on his hands. C.R.E.E.P.E.R! :lol:
Hate reading comments like these.

It takes all of five minutes and two fucking brain cells to rub together to do this, and with RoyalDude it's not even a challenge because you can pick an opinion he claims to hold strongly and pretty much guarantee he'll have contradicted it, badly, in the fairly recent past.

Furthermore the notion that someone should be mocked for making a cursory effort when they post (and for expecting others to do the same) is just completely asinine.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

dbr wrote:Hate reading comments like these.

It takes all of five minutes and two fucking brain cells to rub together to do this, and with RoyalDude it's not even a challenge because you can pick an opinion he claims to hold strongly and pretty much guarantee he'll have contradicted it, badly, in the fairly recent past.

Furthermore the notion that someone should be mocked for making a cursory effort when they post (and for expecting others to do the same) is just completely asinine.

So.... what? He can go around acting all high and mighty and put ppl down? U watch hockey, u should know what will happen if u take a cheap shot @ someone, chances are the guy will take a number and take a run @ u when they see an opportunity. Seriously, what do u expect from a guy named after Bertuzzi? We are not talking about a Sedin here. U think he can go around slamming ppl and there won't be any repercussions? Gee, Bert is in the corner (he's a big tuff dood known to have a bad temper), I think I'll run him into the boards. Pure genius Mr. Harvard Stevie Moore. :P

Art Vandelay wrote:Translated in english: RD's ass is nice and warm despite the smell. I no longer need to wear a touque in the winter.
More like I'll kick your ass all nite long son. :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: There's a word called loyalty, if a teammate is taking a lot of heat and punishment, u gotta be willing to step into the filth to back him up.
Begs the question: What team are you + RoyalQueen on, and what team are we on?

Eh Todd, EH?? Image
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: If he makes the right call, I'm going to pump his _ _ _ _ _.
Well who are we to judge, Free World and all that...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: More like I'll kick your ass all nite long son. :mex:
You're losing it Todd...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: More like I'll kick your ass all nite long son. :mex:
You're losing it Todd...
JonT21 wants his sock back
If you need air...call it in
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:So.... what? He can go around acting all high and mighty and put ppl down? U watch hockey, u should know what will happen if u take a cheap shot @ someone, chances are the guy will take a number and take a run @ u when they see an opportunity. Seriously, what do u expect from a guy named after Bertuzzi? We are not talking about a Sedin here. U think he can go around slamming ppl and there won't be any repercussions? Gee, Bert is in the corner (he's a big tuff dood known to have a bad temper), I think I'll run him into the boards. Pure genius Mr. Harvard Stevie Moore. :P
What the fuck is this?

I said I hate seeing people attempt to exploit another poster's cursory level of thought and effort as though it was something to be ashamed of.

(I also hate when people make themselves look functionally illiterate substituting letters, symbols and abbreviations for words but that's another matter.)

You go ahead and push your laughable hockey game analogy as far as you like but when people attempt to ridicule a marginal level of effort in anything they appear to be either completely incompetent (do you not know how easy it is to use the search feature?) or militantly idiotic.

I don't care who you're targeting or why, I just hate the idea that making an effort to post something other than mindless halfassed dreck is something to mock.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Hockey Widow wrote: If we had signed Schultz we may never have claimed Stanton off waivers. Funny how things work out.
Likely true, or it might have negatively impacted Tanev's development, or Corrado last year.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote:Begs the question: What team are you + RoyalQueen on, and what team are we on?

Eh Todd, EH?? Image
C'mon man, u seriously don't know yet? The guys who don't buy the Kool-Aid.

dbr wrote:(I also hate when people make themselves look functionally illiterate substituting letters, symbols and abbreviations for words but that's another matter.)
Welcome to the 21 century man, the age of facebook, twitter and texting. That's what I see and do in these mediums, I see writing posts on the internet for a hobby on a canucks board just an extension of it. If I was writing an academic paper or something for work, I would spend more time to proofread, edit and avoid slang/symbols. For sharing my thoughts and opinions on a hobby? I seriously don't give a crap.
What the fuck is this?

I said I hate seeing people attempt to exploit another poster's cursory level of thought and effort as though it was something to be ashamed of.

You go ahead and push your laughable hockey game analogy as far as you like but when people attempt to ridicule a marginal level of effort in anything they appear to be either completely incompetent (do you not know how easy it is to use the search feature?) or militantly idiotic.

I don't care who you're targeting or why, I just hate the idea that making an effort to post something other than mindless halfassed dreck is something to mock.
I can respect where u are coming from. I honestly don't like writing such posts. I'd like to just come here, have fun and chat about the Knuckleheads; however, if someone wants to start the mud slinging, he'd better be ready to get dirty. It seems like lately I come here and more often than not, I have stick my hands in the filth and take out the garbage. Maybe it's a sign that I should retire from this place, maybe @ least take an extended break or move on elsewhere. I will say this, if u look at anything in society, this kind of crap happens everywhere. U don't have to like it, but I do what I gotta do. As my buddy Bert would say, "it is what it is".

Anyways, to both friends and foes, Merry Christmas doods! Hopefully the New Year will be a good one for us Knucklehead fans, a Stanley Cup is much deserved for us long suffering fans. :D
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Cheers Todd. I respect your honesty and your courage to appear either completely incompetent or aggressively stupid. ;)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

dbr wrote:Cheers Todd. I respect your honesty and your courage to appear either completely incompetent or aggressively stupid. ;)
I never expected u to understand cuz you're a smartypants and u like taking it up the butt. Laters. :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I think what Todd is trying to say is that he could post an intelligent coherent thought if he wanted to.

:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote:I think what Todd is trying to say is that he could post an intelligent coherent thought if he wanted to. :lol:
Well, I tried being nice and reason with him, but he started acting like an ass. How does my stinky glove to the face taste buddy? :lol: