Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?
Josh Anderson and Taylor Leier are now top notch prospects? What is Horvat then, a god?
Well, I guess being two of Canada's 25 under 20 year olds representing their country that must count for something done it? Maybe not
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

We have a week...a whole week :santa: :cheers: :wave:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?
Josh Anderson and Taylor Leier are now top notch prospects? What is Horvat then, a god?
Well, I guess being two of Canada's 25 under 20 year olds representing their country that must count for something done it? Maybe not
It must mean something, I mean it sure worked for standouts Brandon Reid, Colton Gillies, Justin Pogge and Zach Boychuk right? All have had much better careers than Burrows and Bieksa who were nowhere near making the team.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

RoyalDude wrote:
Gillis could have drafted Karlsson instead of Hodgson? Fuckin' hell!
Don't even know why I bothered....fucking idiot

Have him on my ignore list, but others keep feeding the troll and I end up seeing his shit in quoted text and fall for it over and over again...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

vic wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Gillis could have drafted Karlsson instead of Hodgson? Fuckin' hell!
Don't even know why I bothered....fucking idiot

Have him on my ignore list, but others keep feeding the troll and I end up seeing his shit in quoted text and fall for it over and over again...
Conundrum hey vic... :scowl:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

vic wrote: Go back a bit further to your other boy Brian Burke, took Krill Koltzov instead of Duncan Keith....
Rest assured while Burkie was in charge, dude was busy nailing his ass to the wall.

And of course he'll be saying how awesome Gillis was after he's gone.

It's a troll thang....
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
vic wrote: Go back a bit further to your other boy Brian Burke, took Krill Koltzov instead of Duncan Keith....
Rest assured while Burkie was in charge, dude was busy nailing his ass to the wall.

And of course he'll be saying how awesome Gillis was after he's gone.

It's a troll thang....
I've been away for a bit... Has RD pumped the fat burke's tyres for starring in the EXACT same two dollar soap opera in Calgary yet?

waiting for it ...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Fiddler, Handzus, Regin, Aucoin, Stajan, Boyle, McCormick, John Mitchell, MacKenzie
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:
Fiddler, Handzus, Regin, Aucoin, Stajan, Boyle, McCormick, John Mitchell, MacKenzie
Finally! Somebody answered the question in a respectable manner. Thanks Skyo. Are those guys 4th round pick worthy?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It has been brought to my attention that Gillis could have drafted Erik Karlsson who is undeniably the best defenseman in the NHL, instead of Cody Hodgson. This is insane! This makes the Nonis - Kopitar draft day bypass seem irrelevant in the grand scheme of grand draft day bypasses.

Karlsson will undoubtedly win the Norris this year. Leads all defenseman in points, sitting 15th overall on the points leader board, in fact he is 19 spots ahead of forward Kopitar who sits 34th overall. That's insane !

Chef Boi RD is up in arms over this. This is an absolutely shocking revelation that needs further discussing.

I would like to thank Vic for bringing me this juicy little bit of scoop to my attention

Cheers
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:
Finally! Somebody answered the question in a respectable manner. Thanks Skyo. Are those guys 4th round pick worthy?
from a 2nd to a 4th lol.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:It has been brought to my attention that Gillis could have drafted Erik Karlsson who is undeniably the best defenseman in the NHL, instead of Cody Hodgson. This is insane! This makes the Nonis - Kopitar draft day bypass seem irrelevant in the grand scheme of grand draft day bypasses.

Karlsson will undoubtedly win the Norris this year. Leads all defenseman in points, sitting 15th overall on the points leader board, in fact he is 19 spots ahead of forward Kopitar who sits 34th overall. That's insane !

Chef Boi RD is up in arms over this. This is an absolutely shocking revelation that needs further discussing.

I would like to thank Vic for bringing me this juicy little bit of scoop to my attention

Cheers
Do what I do, put Vic on your list.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Omg we drafted Bryan Allen over Datsyuk!!!! what a joke of a franchise.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Good one jon. RD can disect all he wants . The fact remains that every team misses drafting gems every year.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

JonT21 wrote:Omg we drafted Bryan Allen over Datsyuk!!!! what a joke of a franchise.
And... every team passed on Burrows not one, not twice, but 9 freaking times.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!