Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by dangler »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:...... He's quitely having a pretty good year. He was in Tort's doghouse for a bit, but has quickly worked his way out of it. He came up with a big goal to help the team rally back against the Hawks the other day. He now has 7 goals in like 32 games, that's a pace for like just under 20 goals? Not bad for a guy who pretty much only plays 3rd line minutes with zero PP time.

..................I would still luv to see Zack get a few games with the Sedins.
He's definitely getting a little more confidence,seems to be playing better the last few games. We'll see how long it lasts before Torts has to give him a swat on the nose with a rolled up newspaper and send him BACK in the doghouse.
I don't understand your obsession with Zack & the Sedins. Perhaps you've forgotten how hard it's been to find a 3rd twin. There is a long list of failed experiments between Anson Carter and Alex Burrows. Once Burr gets back I suspect he will be reunited with the twins.
Maybe some time with Kessler might me more beneficial if Kassian keeps improving???
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Edler for Eberle do it up!

Edmonton is trash, they need defense.

buy low on Eberle, dude is a beast!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

SKYO wrote:Edler for Eberle do it up!

I doubt Edler would waive for edm
22-33-17
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RyanGinger wrote:
SKYO wrote:Edler for Eberle do it up!

I doubt Edler would waive for edm
MG will buy him season tickets to the Eskimos, deal breaker.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

dangler wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:...... I don't understand your obsession with Zack & the Sedins. Perhaps you've forgotten how hard it's been to find a 3rd twin. There is a long list of failed experiments between Anson Carter and Alex Burrows. Once Burr gets back I suspect he will be reunited with the twins.
Maybe some time with Kessler might me more beneficial if Kassian keeps improving???
I forgot about Get Carter. Yeah, I dunno. I guess I just see that it has the potential to be a great line, benefiting all 3 guys, very similar to when the Sedins had Carter. Sedins get a big strong guy who can make some room for them, finish some of their cycling plays and look after their backs. Zack gets to play a bigger role with 2 star players who can get the most out of him. Zack had that great start with the Sedins last year, but he was quickly demoted. Yeah, we'll see with time. I'm sure Zack will get his chance sooner or later if he keeps this up.

The Booth-Richardson-Kassassian line has actually been pretty good too, not a bad 3rd line at all. Last year, Booth and Zack played with LapDawg a bit and they were not very good at all. Booth had zero confidence after coming back from injury and Zack was still finding his place on the team. Richardson seems to have been a good fit for those 2. I gotta say, Zack looks really comfortable with the team and his abilities right now. He looks like he's having a lot of fun out there, just enjoying playing in the NHL and that's nothing but +++. :D

BTW: with the way Higgy-Kes-Magic Mike are playing together right now, there's no way u break them up. :)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RyanGinger wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
RyanGinger wrote:Do you guys think Niedderiter-Kesler-Callahan would be a good second line? Not too sure if Nino is a Top 6 guy.

Also, which 3rd line is better: Higgins-Santo-Hansen or Higgins-Santo-Boyes
Didn't you already start an either or thread :mrgreen: just saying.
Got shut down. Shit got weird.
Got moved to b&g...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?

Yes
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

CorranHorn wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there a Sami Pahlsson/Derek Roy type out there who Gillis could give away more draft picks for at the deadline and then see them do nothing in the playoffs for us and then once the season is over, we say goodbye, good riddance to, and then watch those draft picks like the two 4th round picks we gave up for Pahlsson parlay into two top notch prospects?

Yes
This
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:
CorranHorn wrote:

Yes
This
That
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^
And the other thing
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

I guess he could go the route of your boy and idol Dave Nonis and trade:

a 2nd round pick for Keith Carney (that 2nd could have been Milan Lucic)

a 3rd round pick for Eric Weinrich

a 2nd/4th for Brent Sopel

OR

He could have selected David Perron instead of Patrick White or PK Subban

OR

He could have taken Kopitar instead of (with all due respect) Luc Bourdon
Eric Karlsson instead of Cody Hodgson

Go back a bit further to your other boy Brian Burke, took Krill Koltzov instead of Duncan Keith....
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Josh Anderson and Taylor Leier are now top notch prospects? What is Horvat then, a god?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Diehard1 wrote:
What is Horvat then, a god?
Obviously...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

vic wrote:

I guess he could go the route of your boy and idol Dave Nonis and trade:

a 2nd round pick for Keith Carney (that 2nd could have been Milan Lucic)

a 3rd round pick for Eric Weinrich

a 2nd/4th for Brent Sopel

OR

He could have selected David Perron instead of Patrick White or PK Subban

OR

He could have taken Kopitar instead of (with all due respect) Luc Bourdon
Eric Karlsson instead of Cody Hodgson

Go back a bit further to your other boy Brian Burke, took Krill Koltzov instead of Duncan Keith....
Gillis could have drafted Karlsson instead of Hodgson? Fuckin' hell!