GDT:Sun, 22 Dec 2013 Jets @ Canucks 5:00 PM SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT:Sun, 22 Dec 2013 Jets @ Canucks 5:00 PM SNET-P

Post by rats19 »

Ok...get another one..

Awesome...9 1 & 1 last 11 games
Merry Christmas canuck fans
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Is it wrong for me to feel we can hold onto a lead and win it when Lack is in net and not so comfortable when it's that other guy?

Good win. Eddie had his dad and grandmother to see him play. Wonder if that's why Luongo pulled himself? :mrgreen:

Nice to finish up with the two points and burry Winnipeg even deeper. Maybe it will inspire them to make a trade.
The only HW the Canucks need
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

An ugly win is still a win. Image
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

sagebrush wrote:An ugly win is still a win. Image
Yes, yes it is
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

rats19 wrote:
sagebrush wrote:An ugly win is still a win. Image
Yes, yes it is
Beats the hell out of a pretty loss.

Go grit. Image
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:Good win. Eddie had his dad and grandmother to see him play. Wonder if that's why Luongo pulled himself? :mrgreen:
Wife and I were musing whether Lu came up lame so Eddie could take the net in front of dad and grandma. It wouldn't be out of character for him.

Kesler could have had two goals but he still played a strong game. Alberts or Bieksa, which one scared me the most out there? Who else wouldn't mind seeing Richardson out on the 2nd unit? Couldn't make it any worse than it already is. Kassian and the rest of the 3rd line had a strong game as well. Hope Torts manages to keep the kid's head screwed on straight by the time the holiday break is over.

Tanev scores a beaut of a wrister for the winner. Two things about that goal: 1) Kassian is arguably the best playmaker on that line; and 2) I could hardly believe Tanev has 3 goals in the last 7 games. What is the kid drinking?

Makes for a merrier Christmas, MoFos! :mex:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, nice to see Lack come in and get the win. Nice pass by Kassasian to Tanev for the game winner. So, was the pass a blind lucky play by Zack? Or did Zack display good offensive instincts to read the play and get it to the opening?

It's kind of hard to say, but Zack had his head down most of the time trying to control the puck. He looks up just as he releases it to the opening for Tanev.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yeah, nice to see Lack come in and get the win. Nice pass by Kassasian to Tanev for the game winner. So, was the pass a blind lucky play by Zack? Or did Zack display good offensive instincts to read the play and get it to the opening?

It's kind of hard to say, but Zack had his head down most of the time trying to control the puck. He looks up just as he releases it to the opening for Tanev.
LOL!

He knows that there should be a man covering that area of the ice, so all he does is look up at the last second to send it on it's way. I'm actually not really sure why you posted the replay though bersnoozi.....Kassian actually doesn't have his head buried in his skates at all.

Kassian has had a strong run of games recently. His turnovers have been fewer, his defensive game has been more responsible, and his work in the offensive zone more efficient. The team seems to be finding itself at last, and with the way the defense has looked despite Edler's absence, I hope Gillis is taking notice and isn't adverse to using him if HW's rumors about Kane are true.

The Sedins were useless tonight. They need Burrows back or another player that the defense actually has to worry about. Hansen is all but useless with them as the twins tend to dig the puck out of the corner themselves and work from the wall. Hansen's game is all about the corners and board work, he doens't fit with them.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

My rumours about MG really wanting Kane are true. Whether he gets him is another story. I was just glad to hear he really wanted him and was thinking about it. It is the type of move, depending upon what goes the other way, that would strengthen the team today and in the future. But coveting the player and getting a deal done are two different things. I haven't heard that a deal is close or any such thing, just that Mg really likes Kane and was making a strong pitch to get him. But Winnipeg has to want to deal him and I think if they shop him they could get a good deal, especially at the trade deadline. But then again, the summer might be a better time to shop him. :mrgreen:

I was impressed with the third line tonight. Still a little scary in our own zone but better than most tonight. I like Kassian's game and I like how he is evolving. In the post game presser Torts was asked about Burrows return and he said still a ways off. Maybe we will get to see Kassian with the twins yet.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

I was reminded that first Carlyle and later Noel were being Moose groomed as Canuck head coaches.

Zach, with flashes of both why he was coveted and why he is on the third line.

KB3, be skating when you pass to a player who is skating.

Bruin flu?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:My rumours about MG really wanting Kane are true. Whether he gets him is another story. I was just glad to hear he really wanted him and was thinking about it. It is the type of move, depending upon what goes the other way, that would strengthen the team today and in the future. But coveting the player and getting a deal done are two different things. I haven't heard that a deal is close or any such thing, just that Mg really likes Kane and was making a strong pitch to get him. But Winnipeg has to want to deal him and I think if they shop him they could get a good deal, especially at the trade deadline. But then again, the summer might be a better time to shop him. :mrgreen:

I was impressed with the third line tonight. Still a little scary in our own zone but better than most tonight. I like Kassian's game and I like how he is evolving. In the post game presser Torts was asked about Burrows return and he said still a ways off. Maybe we will get to see Kassian with the twins yet.
Kane is the kind of guy that will under perform if he's unhappy.

There probably isn't a GM in the league who wouldn't want his skill set and athleticism.....but there will be several who don't want his attitude and personality. Gillis is in the enviable position of having the location that Kane wants, and while the Jets can trade Kane anywhere they want, if he really wants to play in Vancouver he can strongly indicate that and even have his agent make sure that any other trading partners are given the buyer beware notice.

But I'm sure there are other places in the league that he would like to go. LA for one.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote:Luongo hurt and pulled himself. Maybe a groin, knee??

Good long break coming up. Lack in net
Yahoo claims he got injured after collissions with BigFuglyOne and Wheeler.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/luongo-inj ... --nhl.html

Hope it's nothing serious! :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Fatigue played a big part in the Canucks performance in this boring loosely played game. Forwards progressively widened the gap as the game wore on resulting in numerous turnovers especially in the 3rd period. KB3 on one occasion was waving for someone to come back into the zone for an outlet pass but no one did. He finally tried to force a pass and turned it over. The D made several of these in trying to make passes to forwards standing at centre ice.

Tanev just keeps getting better and better.

Steady Eddie Lacks no confidence.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Per wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Luongo hurt and pulled himself. Maybe a groin, knee??

Good long break coming up. Lack in net
Yahoo claims he got injured after collissions with BigFuglyOne and Wheeler.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/luongo-inj ... --nhl.html

Hope it's nothing serious! :|
Luongo had his leg clipped by big Winnipeg defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, and was knocked flat during a goal-mouth collision with Blake Wheeler. The goalie left a few minutes later, with 3:30 left in the first period.

A little clip by bigfuckingugly and a little harder knock by Wheeler. Everyone is speculating when he got hurt but Luongo hasn't said yet for sure. Looked innocent enough and seems minor. A good six day rest, if he isn't flying home to Florida!! The way Lack is playing they have the luxury of resting him even a little longer.

I am impressed that Luongo pulled himself. Not something he has historically done easily.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Good game but man were they ever tired/slow or something?

Good for Lack infront of his family.

Would love to see Kane on the Canucks but what would you have to give up for him?

I though Winnterpig played well, good top line and OK 2nd line but their D seems to be lacking.