Milan Lucic involved in Bar Fight in Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Milan Lucic involved in Bar Fight in Vancouver

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: A Hindu Canadian turned Swedish......coming to a theater near you. Go Sweden.
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Strangelove wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He looks like a dude that is playing a dude disguised as another dude. :D

In all seriousness, I probably won't be able to cheer against Canada even if I wanted to.

I tried to disown the Seahawks a few years ago when they were a joke and I couldn't do it.

Same thing will likely happen here.

Hopefully, Weber takes a slapshot and it hits Lucic or Toews in the face before going into the net for what is hopefully a gold medal winning goal.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Milan was doing what was needed at 4am on the sidewalk outside a known meat market without his girlfriend.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Didn't Seguin get traded for similar shit?

Lucic's halo is a little crooked.
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Meh.

At the end of day, the story will just read as follows:

"Bitter Canuck fans embarrass themselves again as Lucic gets attacked."

Atleast The Brown Knight made his yearly quota and can now spend all day on a Canucks message board until December 31st making insane ramblings. :baaa:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Here's another NHLer who looks like he stays up drinking til 4:00 AM on a regular basis...

____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:Here's another NHLer who looks like he stays up drinking til 4:00 AM on a regular basis...

Is that Kessel
The only HW the Canucks need
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

RoyalDude wrote:What bar was he at?
Rumour has it they were at the Shaggy Horse. You and Bersnoozi didn't see Milan there ?????
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The Brown Knight wrote:Now? They are filled with garbage trash talk players like Toews, Doughty, Richards, Thornton, Keith, Seabrook, and maybe this Lucic asswipe. All unbelivable and tremendous talents, yes. But classless douchebags.

What'd Toews do? I thought he was one of they classy guys in hockey. I put him up with the Yzerman/Linden types.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Knight wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:He's a dickhead but he is our dickhead after all...
Lucic has tons of well-wishers and fans in Vancouver...........including this site.

I'm not one of them, but that's besides the point.

I would even go as far as saying that 70-75% of hockey fans in Vancouver still see Lucic in a positive light.

Who were those guys cheering Lucic at Rogers Arena at the conclusion of Game 7?

Instead - Lucic takes a few isolated incidents (all/most of which he could have prevented if he used common sense), and paints all of Vancouver with one brush based on the actions of a few idiots.

He tells the world about this, and then tells the world that he's not "defending Vancouver" anymore. :|

I'm not cheering this guy at the Olympics if he makes it.

I will eat my own shit with corn in it before I ever side with an Alberta hockey fan ever again........or a Toronto hockey fan or Torontonian Sports media member for that matter.

I wonder if any of those guys even mentioned the fact that TRUE Canuck hockey fans and true Vancouverites cleaned up the streets a day later after the riots. I can answer that question right now UkCanuck, but I'd like you to think about that one for a sec. What does the rest of Canada think of Vancouver?

I will support Henrik Sedin as long as he is an active player. He's my captain.

When he retires, I'll reconsider my stance and perhaps cheer Canadian Men's Hockey at the Olympics again.

Canada used to be filled with character guys like Yzerman, Sakic, Bourque, Gretzky, Iginla, Stevens, Niedermayer, Kariya, Linden,......and yes, Mark Messier. Love or hate the guy, all of his talking was done through his actions on the ice like a real man.

Now? They are filled with garbage trash talk players like Toews, Doughty, Richards, Thornton, Keith, Seabrook, and maybe this Lucic asswipe. All unbelivable and tremendous talents, yes. But classless douchebags.

A Hindu Canadian turned Swedish......coming to a theater near you. Go Sweden.
The first thought that comes to mind from your post is that is there even whole kernel corn in Vindaloo curry?
But after that bean buster I guess my response would be to look back to 1972 when Vancouver fans cheered the ruskkies one of my favourite economic genius countries and jeered the boys from... well eastern Canada (I'm pretty sure Flin Flon is in the east.) Anyway, that was kinda embarrassing and Espo pointed it out in a classic rant...

As for asshole eastern bastards to wear the red leaf.... the HHOF is full of em and if Lucic ever makes the team and comes close to washing some of those guys shorts with extra starch then he deserves the support of all canadian hockey fans

As for you, a Canadian and a hockey fan, deliberately not cheering for our team against the world.....fuck, thats kinda like running from the army recruiter in a war...white feather territory...just sayin
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Art Vandelay wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:What bar was he at?
Rumour has it they were at the Shaggy Horse. You and Bersnoozi didn't see Milan there ?????

I think it was the Caprice at 967 Granville but I'm not 100% sure
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Per a CKNW news update email...

"This has been a very difficult week for me given the recent events that took place in my hometown of Vancouver. As I have had more time to think I want to make it clear that regardless of what has happened, I am still - and always will be - proud to be from there. It is home. While the actions of a few individuals have deeply upset me and will impact the time I spend downtown going forward, I will not let those incidents diminish the love and pride I have for the city as a whole. This will be my final comment on this subject."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

KeyserSoze wrote:Per a CKNW news update email...

"This has been a very difficult week for me given the recent events that took place in my hometown of Vancouver. As I have had more time to think I want to make it clear that regardless of what has happened, I am still - and always will be - proud to be from there. It is home. While the actions of a few individuals have deeply upset me and will impact the time I spend downtown going forward, I will not let those incidents diminish the love and pride I have for the city as a whole. This will be my final comment on this subject."

Good for him. Leaves the door open for the return of the prodigal son!
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

Should have kept his mouth shut in the first place.

Everyone should be free to make their own decisions? Of course.
Celebrities are no different from other people? Mostly not.

I dunno about the rest of you, but if I had a bad day at WORK, went out for drinks and got in a tilt and someone found out about it... the next morning I showed up to WORK, and my boss knew? I would get an earful about responsible conduct, common sense, company image, blah blah blah.

Point being, Milan Lucic is not some self-made guy who makes his own coin and lives his own schedule. He is a privileged employee of a (for perspective's sake) reputable brand, who's representatives are in the public eye for a lot of their time spent WORKING.

Yes he is a human being. Yes he should be allowed to go to a bar after a tough day at the office if he wants - but he has RESPONSIBILITIES that come with those 7 figures and his role with his employer. Just like everyone else with a job that they give a shit about, you are "bound" to conduct yourself in a way that doesn't take away from your ability to perform your role or put your own or your employer's integrity at risk. For some (most 9-5'ers) that is pretty reasonable to maintain... for others in more "influential" positions, perhaps it requires a little more common sense.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I would imagine he was spoken to by Bruin brass. Which explains why the Bruins public relations office issued his clarification. I doubt the team took too kindly to him partying at 4 am after a dreadful loss. The reason they stayed in town that night was so the players could get a good night sleep and not have to take a red eye back and get into Boston in the wee hours of the morning. If I'm team GM I say fine, that's what you do when we stay the extra night, at our cost, next time everyone on the red eye.