GDT Canucks at blahkcocks TSN 4:30 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT Canucks at blahkcocks TSN 4:30 pm

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:I'm struggling to be negative
Boothy missed in the shootout? :P

Great game in Chi-town
Tough stretch for all the bed-wetters, they must have a pretty bad urinary blockage by now. :mrgreen:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The only real bad game we played was against Dallas. Too bad we let Minny tie that one up and then win it in the SO. that one hurts because of them being conference rivals and all but it was a decent game. I think we had a let down after the Stanton injury in that one. It was a perfect game for saying if only we could have gotten that insurance goal. Sorta like Chicago must be saying now :mrgreen:

I am always surprised when we pull out a win against a team like the Hawks, pleasantly surprised.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Boothy missed in the shootout? :P

Great game in Chi-town
Tough stretch for all the bed-wetters, they must have a pretty bad urinary blockage by now. :mrgreen:
I am tired of the "bed wetters" BS what does it mean anyways?

Canucks lose, fans get upset.

Canucks win, fans happy

Nothing more nothing less.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

After the previous couple games, & with Weber + Alberts in, I didn't expect much against Chicago.

The word 'resilient' doesn't do it justice.

The Canucks have been showing discipline & confidence. More than the last couple years.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

sagebrush wrote:After the previous couple games, & with Weber + Alberts in, I didn't expect much against Chicago.

The Canucks have been showing discipline & confidence. More than the last couple years.

And Weber has been playing well.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote:Danny! Fuckyeah!

PS. Fuck the Hawks.
Fixed it for ya. ;)
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Hockey Widow wrote:
sagebrush wrote:After the previous couple games, & with Weber + Alberts in, I didn't expect much against Chicago.

And Weber has been playing well.
Defensive discipline, & resulting break outs, have been improving through (almost all) the team, including the call ups.

This speaks well of coaching. Coaching for the Canucks & the Comets.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

mathonwy wrote:Are you kidding me Torts??

You put the fucking Sedins in for the SHOOT OUT??!?!?
Really liked the reason he gave for it though.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Are you kidding me Torts??

You put the fucking Sedins in for the SHOOT OUT??!?!?
Really liked the reason he gave for it though.
You and I ... We are in concorde. It seems that the Sedins can do everything else but can't deke a goalie is a narrative that is accepted too easily on a too small sample size for Torts. Another reason I love the new coach.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote:Did Gillis drop the ball again by locking the aging Sedins to untradeable long term luongo type contracts? They suck right now
Yup. They're way past their Art Ross winning days. Only ranked 18th and 19th in scoring in the league? With the same amount of points as the heavily praised Toews? Pffft! Dsgraceful! :evil:

:roll:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post of the year!

:D
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

mathonwy wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:seriously is JT that stupid to put both Sedins out there????

Really?
Highlighting the "your best players have to be your best players" kinda thing... The Sedins performance in the shootout legit costs us points.

Next practice should be an hour of straight breakaways...

At least we know Lack is capable.
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Trying to teach the Sedins a lesson in a shoot out AGAINST THE BLACKHAWKS?!?!

The Nucks won tonight in spite of Torts. You put your best one-on-one players in the shoot out.

Santo, Kesler, Hansen, Higgins, Kassian .. even Weise.

NOT the god damn Sedins.
I basically agree. The Sedin game is based on cycling and tape to tape passes. You can't do that in the shootout.

Still. I can see Torts's reasoning. They are expected to carry the team, and the shootout is a time to prove that you are a clutch player. The Sedins always find some new detail to work on during the summer. I think Torts may be pointing out what they need to work on.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

mathonwy wrote: I discount your theory of the Sedins wanting to be counted on more. Since the Sedins have come into their own, we've had problems with secondary scoring for a lot of that time. I think the Sedins look forward to becoming 2nd line players one of these days.
This is bullshit. Daniel Sedin has gone public saying the reason Sweden didn't fare better in 2010 was that all lines got equal time. He says we need to have two go-to lines that play like twenty minutes each, and the third and fourth line will just have to accept that.

I'm pretty sure he is counting on being on one of the two top lines, so he's basically asking for more responsibility.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Knight wrote: C''mon Dude.

For old times sake.

Let us know how you feel about David "Bimbo" Booth! :P ;)
I will forever always be in awe of David Booths consistency at defensive zone giveaways due to his deft stick handling and his high IQ vision under tight checking. I'm just trying to decide who is a better stick handler - Steve 'hot potato puck' Bernier or David 'all thumbs' Booth.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Great game by Lack. 3 out of 6 points road trip. Love it. Although I understand what Torts was trying to do putting the Sedins in the shoot-out, 1 more point in the final standings is too valuable to take a chance. I believe Chicago hit the post in the shootout .

6 place looks better hey RD. Again, sorry about that post of mine thursday night.