Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by dbr »

Trade fantasy: we deal Edler for Mantha, and upon hearing the news RoyalDude suffers some accident that breaks all of his fingers rendering him unable to type for months.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:Trade fantasy: we deal Edler for Mantha, and upon hearing the news RoyalDude suffers some accident that breaks all of his fingers rendering him unable to type for months.
I would buy one of those voice activated computer keyboards. Is their such a thing?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
dbr wrote:Trade fantasy: we deal Edler for Mantha, and upon hearing the news RoyalDude suffers some accident that breaks all of his fingers rendering him unable to type for months.
I would buy one of those voice activated computer keyboards. Is their such a thing?
Yes, but you'll have to to buy the 'scotch-rasped voice' plugin.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Yes, but you'll have to to buy the 'scotch-rasped voice' plugin.
Technology, keeping broken fingered trolls relevant.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote:Trade Shinkaruk for Bo Horvat's London Knights team-mate - Josh Anderson? Straight up?

Taylor Leier - 4th round pick, via Pahlsson trade with Vancouver
Josh Anderson - 4th round pick, via Pahlsson trade with Vancouver

Go Pahlsson.

Go Gillis.

Can't wait for our next Pahlsson/Roy classic Gillis trade deadline deal
Royaldude,

I know you don't like Shinkaruk's size and would be willing to move him as result, but trust me..........this kid will be a player. Absolutely love his attitude, work ethic, and skill set. Martin St. Louis has comparable height and weight to Shinkaruk, and look what he accomplished.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Brown Knight wrote:Martin St. Louis has comparable height and weight to Shinkaruk, and look what he accomplished.
Shinkaruk is about the same size as Patrick Kane. He's 5'11. St Louis is 5'8.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:Martin St. Louis has comparable height and weight to Shinkaruk, and look what he accomplished.
Either way, he'll either turn into Patrick Kane or Martin St. Louis, depending on his height. So that's good.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BurningBeard wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Either way, he'll either turn into Patrick Kane or Martin St. Louis, depending on his height. So that's good.

Both names almost have all the letters to spell Hunter Shinkaruk. Sort like anagrams if you use your imagination. That plus the size thing and I think it is a message from the hockey gods. No?
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Holly crap have I got a rumour or two. Nothing concrete or consummated. Nothing close to being a deal in place.

MG is going hard after E. Kane, with a passion. He is also giving serious talk to one of the Leaf blue liners not named JML. Depending JS health and prognosis he could be in player for a 4-5 type blue liner. If he lands Kane he could parley Booth in a 4-6 round pick to clear cap if he is not a throw in in the Kane deal.

My buddy said he heard MG comment that E. Kane is the type of player he would be willing to make a bold move for. Kane has business with one of my contacts and wants out of Winnipeg with a passion and would love to party on a Granville street. :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:My buddy said he heard MG comment that E. Kane is the type of player he would be willing to make a bold move for. Kane has business with one of my contacts and wants out of Winnipeg with a passion and would love to party on a Granville street. :mrgreen:
Nice, he can party with Zack. Maybe in a couple years, Milan will join them. :lol:
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Hockey Widow wrote:Holly crap have I got a rumour or two. Nothing concrete or consummated. Nothing close to being a deal in place.

MG is going hard after E. Kane, with a passion. He is also giving serious talk to one of the Leaf blue liners not named JML. Depending JS health and prognosis he could be in player for a 4-5 type blue liner. If he lands Kane he could parley Booth in a 4-6 round pick to clear cap if he is not a throw in in the Kane deal.

My buddy said he heard MG comment that E. Kane is the type of player he would be willing to make a bold move for. Kane has business with one of my contacts and wants out of Winnipeg with a passion and would love to party on a Granville street. :mrgreen:
God I hope you're right about Evander Kane.

Having said that, I've had a change of heart about Kassian.

A few weeks ago, I would've been all but happy to throw in Kassian for a potential Evander Kane deal, but I am really liking the way that Kassian is coming into his own now.

Call it a gut feeling, but I think Kassian is quite close to breaking out into the player that we want. He's not there yet.......but for the first time since he's been here, I'm seeing something in him.

I keep going back and forth on this, but as of this writing I would be willing to part with Edler for Kane even if we don't make up the loss on D. After seeing tonight's game against the Hawks ( and the last 10 games or so), I'm 57% convinced that we can do without Edler.

I'd rather move Edler than Kassian, Horvat, or Shinkaruk.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Big, fast, tough, aggressive, offensively gifted, local

-Minus

Attitude, reputation

=Equals

Twenty-Two

You've got to give up something to get something. Not much I wouldn't give up outside the core.

I know I would have dealt Schneider for Kane last year. Given all we received for him was a #9, I see no reason why Horvat wouldn't be included in a deal to acquire K9 et al.
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

BladesofSteel wrote:Big, fast, tough, aggressive, offensively gifted, local

-Minus

Attitude, reputation

=Equals

Twenty-Two

You've got to give up something to get something. Not much I wouldn't give up outside the core.

I know I would have dealt Schneider for Kane last year. Given all we received for him was a #9, I see no reason why Horvat wouldn't be included in a deal to acquire K9 et al.
I feel like it's probably really obvious but what do you mean by 22?
22-33-17
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
He's 5-10 180, the stats pad him at around 5-11 185 in which most people in the know say are quite exaggerated numbers. Shit even Mason Raymond is a giant compared to this kid
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Holly crap have I got a rumour or two. Nothing concrete or consummated. Nothing close to being a deal in place.

I also know someone on the inside who tells me that Kane badly wants to play back home here and wants out of Winnipeg like no tomorrow but have never heard that Gillis is in hot pursuit of him. Interesting. But due to my experiences with the Gillis Managements snail pace at bold moves, I don't expect anything to happen in this century. All hail the classic Gillis trade deadline deals for the Pahlssons and Roys of the world and journeyman reclamation projects.