Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by BurningBeard »

Mëds wrote:Anyone else notice how small Hextall's chest protecter and arm pads are compared to what goaltenders are wearing today?
Yeah, it's really hard to run 10 feet out of your net and attack someone with those big pads.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BurningBeard wrote:
Mëds wrote:Anyone else notice how small Hextall's chest protecter and arm pads are compared to what goaltenders are wearing today?
Yeah, it's really hard to run 10 feet out of your net and attack someone with those big pads.

Ya but it was Chelios so it was OK.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

We had MayRay who could do the spina-rama move, now we have Jensen who can do the Forsberg move. :lol:

Seriously though, nice to see Jensen finally get his first of the season and get a shootout goal. Hopefully he'll get a bit of confidence, get some lucky bounces and get on a roll a bit. I'm sure the Nucks would luv to call him up and give him some experience up here if he can show them something positive (especially with Burr and Schroeds out).
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BurningBeard wrote:
:eh:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
#Canucks puts Port Coquitlam native Zach Hamill on unconditional waivers.
Are the Canucks going to buy him out? Will it cost any cap space for the Canucks since he was signed by the Canucks?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

43 minutes ago
@FarhanLaljiTSN: Re Stanton. #canucks RT @BradZiemer: Has been sent to Vancouver. Team not disclosing injury, but he'll be out a while

Bummer
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Jovocop wrote:
Are the Canucks going to buy him out? Will it cost any cap space for the Canucks since he was signed by the Canucks?
Too bad, I was rooting for the local kid like I was rooting for Magic Mike. Hamill has to take a page from Santorelli. He has to work his butt off in the off season, come to camp in great shape and play every shift like it's his last in the NHL. He has the talent, but I hear he likes the booze a lil too much.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Jovocop wrote:
Can't buy him out during the season.

Perhaps freeing up a spot on the 50 NHL contracts list seeing we're heading into a trade freeze?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Yep. They are going to terminate his contract and part ways.

Peter Chiarelli's first NHL draft pick... epic bust.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Yep. They are going to terminate his contract and part ways.

Don't tell RD. Let him keep thinking MG is the only one who can make bad draft day decisions. It's more fun that way :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Yep. They are going to terminate his contract and part ways.

Don't tell RD. Let him keep thinking MG is the only one who can make bad draft day decisions. It's more fun that way :mrgreen:

Speaking of RD where the hell is he? Haven't seen any posts since our latest good run.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Edler goes out... ho hum...

Stanton goes out... oh... fuck.

Who would have thunk it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Wouldn't it be a real kick in the teeth if Gillis true 2013 1st round pick - Shinkaruk (Horvat was acquired via Nonis prized 1st round pick - Schneider) gets cut from the WJC'S and the two players - Anderson and Leier who were picked with the two 4th round picks gillis gave up for the great shut down centre Sami Pahlsson, make the team? Ouch
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't it be a real kick in the teeth if Gillis true 2013 1st round pick - Shinkaruk (Horvat was acquired via Nonis prized 1st round pick - Schneider) gets cut from the WJC'S and the two players - Johnson and Leier who were picked with the two 4th round picks gillis gave up for the great shut down centre Sami Pahlsson, make the team? Ouch
Even if that happens, so what?? Do you know lots of successful NHL players not making the junior teams? Patrick Roy, and Al MacInnis never made the Canadian Junior Team but they went on to Hockey Hall of Fame... Martin Brodeur did not make the Junior squad and won 3 Stanley Cups. What is your point??

http://www.thestar.com/sports/2011/12/1 ... _team.html

There are also some best junior players that never made an impact in the NHL.

http://reisler.ca/juniorhockeyforum/
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't it be a real kick in the teeth if Gillis true 2013 1st round pick - Shinkaruk (Horvat was acquired via Nonis prized 1st round pick - Schneider) gets cut from the WJC'S and the two players - Johnson and Leier who were picked with the two 4th round picks gillis gave up for the great shut down centre Sami Pahlsson, make the team? Ouch