From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Meds »

nuckster wrote:
Topper wrote:
Benjo wrote:I think I read on twitter his son would have turned 25 a few days ago.
You'd think he'd be a man about it.
Topper, I cant believe you said that. Maybe IF you were smart, you would edit that statement and get rid of it!
There's a axiom which suggests that all communication is self-disclosure... you might think again here about what you are revealing about yourself.
Pfffft......you can't believe he said that? :lol:

Don't you pay attention to the majority of his posts? :look:

And what's this about communication being self-disclosure? Look no further then Topper's signature and you get a good idea of how obtuse he actually is..... :roll:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The mongoloids were bent last night ! 10 page oot thread for their bigger, smarter, stronger, better looking brother on the coast. But they are not obsessed. No not at all. Not obsessed with this city, the fans of the team or the team itself. Any given day there are a minimum of three threads dedicated to Vancouver. But they aren't obsessed.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... tcount=182

This character is one of my favorites. He isn't the usual mouthbreather on the board that skins his knuckles when he walks and grunts for food. He actually seems somewhat intelligent, but his fury and anger over a sports team that plays against the team he cheers for clouds his judgement. He should and does know better and if he was a good man he would maybe actually help try and steer the tards on a better path instead of perpetuating the hate. Any idiot with half a brain can see Phoenix, Colorado and Minny crashing back to earth. Anaheim is a paper tiger.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The mongoloids were bent last night ! 10 page oot thread for their bigger, smarter, stronger, better looking brother on the coast. But they are not obsessed. No not at all. Not obsessed with this city, the fans of the team or the team itself. Any given day there are a minimum of three threads dedicated to Vancouver. But they aren't obsessed.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... tcount=182

This character is one of my favorites. He isn't the usual mouthbreather on the board that skins his knuckles when he walks and grunts for food. He actually seems somewhat intelligent, but his fury and anger over a sports team that plays against the team he cheers for clouds his judgement. He should and does know better and if he was a good man he would maybe actually help try and steer the tards on a better path instead of perpetuating the hate. Any idiot with half a brain can see Phoenix, Colorado and Minny crashing back to earth. Anaheim is a paper tiger.

I love most of them referred to the Bruins being decimated with the flu as the reason we won yet we are not allowed to use the flu or injuries as explanations as to why we lose. I love how they feel Iggy was just about to turn the Kesler fight to his advantage and explode and unload if the linesmen had not saved Kesler's ass. I love how they say Kesler pretended to want to fight the rat but was saved, again, by the linesmen. Love how they say Hamhuis cheap spotted Iggy as was about the get the snot pounded out of him, but again, he too, was saved by the linesmen.

Hate breads blindness, not masturbation! Although they, for the most part, are jerk offs so maybe I will go blind yet :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Hockey Widow wrote:I love most of them referred to the Bruins being decimated with the flu as the reason we won yet we are not allowed to use the flu or injuries as explanations as to why we lose. I love how they feel Iggy was just about to turn the Kesler fight to his advantage and explode and unload if the linesmen had not saved Kesler's ass. I love how they say Kesler pretended to want to fight the rat but was saved, again, by the linesmen. Love how they say Hamhuis cheap spotted Iggy as was about the get the snot pounded out of him, but again, he too, was saved by the linesmen.

Hate breads blindness, not masturbation! Although they, for the most part, are jerk offs so maybe I will go blind yet :mrgreen:
Completely agree.

Also - as a result of Lucic's club incident in Vancouver, Calgarypuck.com has also taken it upon themselves to characterize Vancouverites.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

They would all welcome Marchand, but Burrows and Kesler are over rated cheapshot bums.

LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Topper wrote:They would all welcome Marchand, but Burrows and Kesler are over rated cheapshot bums.

LOL
I've never seen a fanbase live so vicariously through another teams' fanbase in the manner than the Flames do the Bruins.

They can rip on Vancouverites all they want, but I can't seem to recall too many Vancouverites "prostituting" themselves to the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004 when those two teams were playing in the finals. Calgary even played us in the first round, and so we would have had MORE incentive to see Tampa as our saviors.

I hope Calgary enjoyed their flood last year.

The Dark Indian Rises
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Also - as a result of Lucic's club incident in Vancouver, Calgarypuck.com has also taken it upon themselves to characterize Vancouverites.
More people on their defending Vancouver than attacking it. Just a couple jerk-offs. To be fair, I think our club scene is ass. Shit like this happening doesn't overly shock me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Topper wrote:They would all welcome Marchand, but Burrows and Kesler are over rated cheapshot bums.

LOL
I've never seen a fanbase live so vicariously through another teams' fanbase in the manner than the Flames do the Bruins.

They can rip on Vancouverites all they want, but I can't seem to recall too many Vancouverites "prostituting" themselves to the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004 when those two teams were playing in the finals. Calgary even played us in the first round, and so we would have had MORE incentive to see Tampa as our saviors.

I hope Calgary enjoyed their flood last year.
I cheered for Tampa just as I cheered for the 'Canes vs the Oilers.

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blaster86 wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
More people on their defending Vancouver than attacking it. Just a couple jerk-offs. To be fair, I think our club scene is ass. Shit like this happening doesn't overly shock me.
And it would happen to in Calgary if they had a real night scene.

Shit like this happens everywhere, when a) you have alcohol b) boys with small .... c) boys with egos bigger than their small ....

Sorry Blaster CP is not the best site, majority of their posters are not the brightest bulbs around, and they drove all the good posters.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Topper wrote:I cheered for Tampa just as I cheered for the 'Canes vs the Oilers.
Nothing wrong with that, as did I.

However - there's a stark difference between mildly cheering a team, and flat out engaging in unwholesome penis worship of a team that isn't really yours (i.e. in the manner that Albertans did towards the Bruins, or how Calgarians behave towards teams that compete against the Saskatchewan Roughriders whenever they're in a Grey Cup Final).

Topper cheering for Tampa and Carolina = nothing wrong with that.

Topper going to bars wearing Lightning and Canes jersey's and/or acting like "your" team won for days on end after winning = a little effing weird.

That's my point.

I don't recall a single Vancouverite acting in such a ridiculous jack-ass manner when the Flames, Oilers, or Senators were defeated in the finals.

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I may at times be a little effing weird, but only when Flame and Oiler fans rant about their near cup encounters.

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Topper wrote:I may at times be a little effing weird, but only when Flame and Oiler fans rant about their near cup encounters.
Flame fans are an interesting bunch.

What have they done since their cup win in 1989?

Outside of their run in 2004, a decent stretch between 2004-2009, and maybe 1 or 2 good seasons in the early/mid 90's, the overall performance of their organization has been disturbing.

Their shit show really begs the question: How much is the number of Stanley Cups won really worth?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that it isn't important as I'd only be kidding myself if I said that, but seriously.....

If I go to Calgarypuck.com, and some 25 year old kid talks about how superior the Flames are to the Canucks because of their Cup victory from 1989, don't you think that would be a little "effing weird?"

Was said 25 year old even old enough to remember the cup victory? How much success has said 25 year old seen his team actually have?

Canucks obviously haven't won a cup, but we've probably had far more positive experiences over the last 24 years than the Flames.......or any other Canadian team for that matter (Montreal being the only possible exception).

I'm a Toronto Blue Jays fan and so I can see things from the other side (i.e. a team that won the big one.....in this case twice.......but has done nothing since). Trust me - it ain't fun.

This Canuck core has done pratically everything except win a cup......and we came within one game. This core has seen it's players and team win a Hart Trophy, an Art Ross Trophy, A Selke Trophy, A Jack Adams trophy, the all-important Jennings trophy :P , and has housed a Vezina trophy finalist. Numerous divisional titles, a Western Conference Championship, and two Presidents' Trophies.

A Stanley Cup is the most important thing in hockey, but it can't be just the only thing.

Flame fans have no right to feel superior to Canuck fans.

If they did, then the New York Islanders would still be entitled to look down on all of us "little people."

The Dark Indian Rises
spooner
CC Veteran

Post by spooner »

The Brown Knight wrote: A Stanley Cup is the most important thing in hockey, but it can't be just the only thing.
For me, unfortunately, it is the only thing. I couldn't care less if they ever win another Presidents Trophy or individual award. Knowing that the 2011 team was one of the most dominant teams of the past 20 years in the regular season didn't make it sting any less after the game 7 loss.
The Brown Knight wrote: Flame fans have no right to feel superior to Canuck fans.
They have the right to feel however they want, Farhan. You have the right to stop giving a fuck about how they feel. I humbly suggest you give that a try.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

spooner wrote:For me, unfortunately, it is the only thing. I couldn't care less if they ever win another Presidents Trophy or individual award. Knowing that the 2011 team was one of the most dominant teams of the past 20 years in the regular season didn't make it sting any less after the game 7 loss.
Fair enough, and a lot of people feel the same way.

Based on the last 10 years however, I just think it would be odd for a 23 year old New York Islanders fan to feel a sense of superiority over a 23 year old San Jose Sharks fan based on shit that he's never personally witnessed.

Using an extreme example. Lets say a franchise (Franchise A) has been in existence for 10 years. Their 1st year = cup win. The next 9 years, they miss the playoffs every year and play .300 hockey. Franchise B has also been in existence for 10 years. They lose in Game 7 of the Cup finals every single year, but win the Presidents' trophy in all of those 10 years (sprinkled with numerous individual accomplishments).

Is Franchise A really a more successful organization than Franchise B?
They have the right to feel however they want, Farhan. You have the right to stop giving a fuck about how they feel. I humbly suggest you give that a try.
You're right. I can't argue with that.

It's just unbelievable. Alberta and Toronto's vicious smear campaigns did hurt our perception and brand image througout the league. Milan Lucic now seems to be adding to this.

You are completely correct, but I'm just sick and tired of hearing this nonsense.

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

When you look at the state of Flamedom, you have to at least give a nod to the Oiler brass (of the time) for recognizing that they needed to rebuild.

2004: The Flames ride Kiprusoff to the finals and lose in game 7. For some unknown reason hockey "minds" everywhere are suddenly calling them next year's favorites to win it all.....and Calgary's management and fans drank that Kool-Aid like it was the gospel when what they should have done is seen that Iginla and Kiprusoff do not a team make. They painted some of their players as the type of guy that every team should build around when really they only had two who fit that bill. Now, almost 10 years later they are one of the worst teams in the league, and got next to nothing for their two superstars at the end of the day. It's hilarious really, in 8 seasons they never added a single piece that got them closer to being a contender, they didn't draft anyone of note other than Phaneuf, a neanderthal who ended up proving he actually did look the part. I almost pity them.

2006: The Oilers ride a hot goaltender, a lucky Horcoff, and Chris Pronger, to the finals and come up a game short. The next year Pronger is gone, and they recognize that it is time to consider re-tooling. They make a few moves that don't pan out, and then tank hard enough to start rebuilding via the draft. They didn't hang on to some blind hope that 2006 wasn't just a fluke, they called a spade a spade, and the only truly bone-headed thing they did was overpay Horcoff by almost 75% of what he's actually worth. Now they just can't attract talent and are proving that they don't actually know how to draft.