Milan Lucic involved in Bar Fight in Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Milan Lucic involved in Bar Fight in Vancouver

Post by Hockey Widow »

I guess our next trip to Boston will see the team taking a "shelter in place" approach. I mean if this bar "fight" happened in the States a knife or gun would have been involved.

Besides, who in the hell goes to Mean Poutine at 4am? I wouldn't go there at 4pm, or any other time. Worst Poutine out there, IMHO.

don't want to get sued over an opinion!
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:Besides, who in the hell goes to Mean Poutine at 4am? I wouldn't go there at 4pm, or any other time. Worst Poutine out there, IMHO.
HW: where is Mean Poutine? Been meaning to check that place out. :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Nelson and Granville, a little hole in the wall on Nelson, SW corner.

What time you wanna meet?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:Nelson and Granville, a little hole in the wall on Nelson, SW corner.

What time you wanna meet?
Thank u. I dunno, like 4 am? :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

It has been a long time, but check out the 3:40 mark of this video.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Why would you call your place Average Poutine?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:Why would you call your place Average Poutine?
Median Poutine was taken?
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Maybe " Routine Poutine"??
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I think Milan is getting some good coaching by the marketing group in Boston. They are doing their best to deflect the reason why he was even out that late and there.

Milan says his family is being harrased? Really, never heard this before and I would not even know his parents if they showed up on my door. This is coming from a guy who was out boozing and probably starting some shit on his own and then plays the "do you know who I am" routine.

Thanks to sports being 24/7 this is even a news topic.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Reefer2 wrote:I think Milan is getting some good coaching by the marketing group in Boston. They are doing their best to deflect the reason why he was even out that late and there.

Milan says his family is being harrased? Really, never heard this before and I would not even know his parents if they showed up on my door. This is coming from a guy who was out boozing and probably starting some shit on his own and then plays the "do you know who I am" routine.

Thanks to sports being 24/7 this is even a news topic.
As Hockey Widow and others alluded to, Lucic has every right to do whatever he wants and whenever he wants.

However - that shouldn't be at the expense of not using good judgement........and in this case, he used poor judgement all throughout.

Lucic, by his own admission, stated that his parents were pelted with food during the SCF's (why weren't they sitting in a private VIP section?). Lucic also mentioned that he was harrassed when be brought the Cup home back in August 2011.....and was forced to celebrate privately (you know.........how a few days before he came here, he publicised how he was coming back here with the cup.........unlike Joe Sakic for instance).

A few days before his church was vandalized, Lucic made a sarcastic comment about how, "No Canucks would be on Z's team"........in reference to the all-star game.

Given ALL that happened, I think it goes without saying that Milan could have used better judgement.....in all situations.

Go out if you must, but be smart about it. In the situation of going out to town to unwind (after your team just played the local hometown's team......an extremely bitter rival......where your teammate pissed off the entire city), rent a private booth for friends and family.

There are idiots in EVERY city.........not just Vancouver. Lucic's constant idiotic actions brought out the idiots in VANCOUVER.

Lucic then told the whole world about these idiots and used these idiots to paint all of Vancouver as a whole.

"Defending" Vancouver. Riiiiiiiight. :|
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Reefer2 wrote: I think Milan is getting some good coaching by the marketing group in Boston. They are doing their best to deflect the reason why he was even out that late and there.
No shit. I love how Boston always tries to pull the moral high ground in any murky situation in which they find themselves. They justify just about every one of their actions - no matter how egregious. I just about spewed when I heard Julien quasi-chastising Marchand in the post-game presser. I was fully expecting him to mitigate it by calling out Kesler's alleged 'eye-gouging' like Marchand did. Obviously, they were not on the same script before meeting the press. BAAAAAD PR staff, BAD BAD BAD PR staff (wagging finger). I love how if they feel any heat, they'll pull out their 'Boston Strong' t-shirts and tug on the Boston Marathon heart-strings. Any more shameless and I would puke.
Reefer2 wrote:This is coming from a guy who was out boozing and probably starting some shit on his own and then plays the "do you know who I am" routine.
Whatchoo talkin 'bout? Lucic is a saint! His parents go to church and no doubt he dilligently went as a wee tad, for cryin out loud. I mean, while he's on a roll of generalizing whole populations so did Slobodan Milosevic and Radovan Karadzic back in the day, but that's neither here nor there. Boston employs only the meanest, toughest - but most honest - choirboys, dontcha know? No way this was provoked! (gulps another glass of koolaid)
Reefer2 wrote:Thanks to sports being 24/7 this is even a news topic.
That, and the Toronto-based media's hunger for anything to hack on Vancouver, its team and its fans. The Boston media attention on this is a given. It's like the Dregers, Spectors and such just can't stand it that Vancouver is - again - the leading Canadian team in the standings and arguably the strongest contender for the Cup in Canada, while the likes of Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto countinue to flounder. As Spector himself said, they were running thin on things to hate/gloat/report about the Canucks so you know they were going to carry this like a sacred relic on a crusade to the Holy Land. Quick, tally up the amount of national stories about the Canucks surge in December vice the amount about this drunken punch-up and see what that tells you. They were dying for a story like this; just a shame that some drunken idiots in downtown Vancouver served it up on a platter.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: If he makes Team Canada this year, I will be joining Per in cheering Sweden.

:shock:

:::clutches heart:::

No shit eh Doc?
I will love Lucic just like I love Crosby, IF he brings me my Gold...

He's a dickhead but he is our dickhead after all...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

A couple of interesting things to note.

Police say one person received a cut on the lip but refused treatment. Lucic was not cut. Charges have not been laid and no on going investigation. If an alleged victim wishes to press charges the police will open a file.

On one video it showed at the beginning Lucic hit/shoving another person. Now this may have been after he was hit twice, no three ,no right twice or three, no twice, no three times, completely unprovoked. :mrgreen: he doesn't seem to know in the video.

Mrs Mean Poutine sort of witnessed it, well heard all the yelling but her husband may have witnessed it. Milan is such a good boy. He always comes here for Poutine when he is in town, such a shame, such a good boy. Pandering, pandering!

I still firmly believe he has a right to go where he wants but Milan ain't a saint. 4 am after getting embarrassed at Rogers and he is out partying it up in a known booze den of sin. Didn't Seguin get traded for similar shit?

You know Milan, be a man. You got involved in a dust up. Don't go crying a river and be a drama queen while trying to come off as a choir boy. Just say shit happens. It was an unfortunate incident but you are intelligent enough to know the actions of one don't represent everyone.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

ukcanuck wrote:He's a dickhead but he is our dickhead after all...
Lucic has tons of well-wishers and fans in Vancouver...........including this site.

I'm not one of them, but that's besides the point.

I would even go as far as saying that 70-75% of hockey fans in Vancouver still see Lucic in a positive light.

Who were those guys cheering Lucic at Rogers Arena at the conclusion of Game 7?

Instead - Lucic takes a few isolated incidents (all/most of which he could have prevented if he used common sense), and paints all of Vancouver with one brush based on the actions of a few idiots.

He tells the world about this, and then tells the world that he's not "defending Vancouver" anymore. :|

I'm not cheering this guy at the Olympics if he makes it.

I will eat my own shit with corn in it before I ever side with an Alberta hockey fan ever again........or a Toronto hockey fan or Torontonian Sports media member for that matter.

I wonder if any of those guys even mentioned the fact that TRUE Canuck hockey fans and true Vancouverites cleaned up the streets a day later after the riots. I can answer that question right now UkCanuck, but I'd like you to think about that one for a sec. What does the rest of Canada think of Vancouver?

I will support Henrik Sedin as long as he is an active player. He's my captain.

When he retires, I'll reconsider my stance and perhaps cheer Canadian Men's Hockey at the Olympics again.

Canada used to be filled with character guys like Yzerman, Sakic, Bourque, Gretzky, Iginla, Stevens, Niedermayer, Kariya, Linden,......and yes, Mark Messier. Love or hate the guy, all of his talking was done through his actions on the ice like a real man.

Now? They are filled with garbage trash talk players like Toews, Doughty, Richards, Thornton, Keith, Seabrook, and maybe this Lucic asswipe. All unbelivable and tremendous talents, yes. But classless douchebags.

A Hindu Canadian turned Swedish......coming to a theater near you. Go Sweden.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:34 am, edited 6 times in total.

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Hockey Widow wrote:A couple of interesting things to note.

Police say one person received a cut on the lip but refused treatment. Lucic was not cut. Charges have not been laid and no on going investigation. If an alleged victim wishes to press charges the police will open a file.

On one video it showed at the beginning Lucic hit/shoving another person. Now this may have been after he was hit twice, no three ,no right twice or three, no twice, no three times, completely unprovoked. :mrgreen: he doesn't seem to know in the video.

Mrs Mean Poutine sort of witnessed it, well heard all the yelling but her husband may have witnessed it. Milan is such a good boy. He always comes here for Poutine when he is in town, such a shame, such a good boy. Pandering, pandering!

I still firmly believe he has a right to go where he wants but Milan ain't a saint. 4 am after getting embarrassed at Rogers and he is out partying it up in a known booze den of sin. Didn't Seguin get traded for similar shit?

You know Milan, be a man. You got involved in a dust up. Don't go crying a river and be a drama queen while trying to come off as a choir boy. Just say shit happens. It was an unfortunate incident but you are intelligent enough to know the actions of one don't represent everyone.
+1.

Excellent post.

Always makes too much sense, and there is almost too much common sense being displayed here.

The Dark Indian Rises