GDT: 14-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs. Bruins: 7:00 PM PST on CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: 14-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs. Bruins: 7:00 PM PST on C

Post by The Brown Knight »

Hockey Widow wrote:If we had won the cup instead of Boston don't ya think we would have players chirping away?
Yes, probably.

It would just be bizarre if a Bruins fan ( their version of a Blob) became so praiseworthy of Burrows while simultaneously ripping one of his own in Marchand (perhaps out of fear in being labelled as a biased homer by critics on CanadienPuck.com. :-p).

##BizarroWorld
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Topper wrote:Remember how angry Vancouver was when Keith smoked Daniel........
Yep.

However, Island Nucklehead and the Canuck players themselves didn't seem to mind too much.

"We'll just beat the Hawks where it matters most........on the ice."

Glad to see that this strategy panned out so well.

Not to mention, exemplifying to anyone following the Canucks that they were "morally and mentally" advanced than the common man, and weren't pussies in any way or form.
LOL! As opposed to what, Bertuzzi/Thorntoning the guy? Kassian chased his ass around the ice. The guy won't fight. So you either lose your mind trying to catch him, or you play the fucking game.

Blob is right, Burrows and Kesler are two of the best at being hated in the league. I don't want Marchand on my team, because he's a twat. At least Burrows and Kesler are "our twats". That being said, I don't like how they play the game, and I wonder how you would feel if someone gooned Burrows' because he pulled hair or bit fingers. I'm sure your blood would boil and you'd scream for revenge. See how this works?

I didn't feel any sympathy for Marchand getting kneed in the head, because that's what happens when you're a cunt on the ice. But there's a difference between taking your shots when you find them, and completely losing your focus because of their antics.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Island Nucklehead wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
Topper wrote:Remember how angry Vancouver was when Keith smoked Daniel........
Yep.

However, Island Nucklehead and the Canuck players themselves didn't seem to mind too much.

"We'll just beat the Hawks where it matters most........on the ice."

Glad to see that this strategy panned out so well.

Not to mention, exemplifying to anyone following the Canucks that they were "morally and mentally" advanced than the common man, and weren't pussies in any way or form.
LOL! As opposed to what, Bertuzzi/Thorntoning the guy? Kassian chased his ass around the ice. The guy won't fight. So you either lose your mind trying to catch him, or you play the fucking game.

Blob is right, Burrows and Kesler are two of the best at being hated in the league. I don't want Marchand on my team, because he's a twat. At least Burrows and Kesler are "our twats". That being said, I don't like how they play the game, and I wonder how you would feel if someone gooned Burrows' because he pulled hair or bit fingers. I'm sure your blood would boil and you'd scream for revenge. See how this works?

I didn't feel any sympathy for Marchand getting kneed in the head, because that's what happens when you're a cunt on the ice. But there's a difference between taking your shots when you find them, and completely losing your focus because of their antics.
We're pretty much on the same wavelength based on that above post of yours.

As long as we both agree that one should take their shot when one finds them, then I'm completely with you.

And yes - I also agree not to completely lose focus because of another team's antics, but I wasn't suggesting that.

Marchand should have a bounty on his head (regardless of how much time has passed between the cup and regardless of how infrequently we play them), but it shouldn't be at the expense of us losing our focus.

The Dark Indian Rises
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Gotta agree with Blob on this one. I thought what the rat did was overboard, ill timed and failed miserably in its intent. But I laughed out loud too. I think if he had stopped at just once it would have remained funny. The fact he did it again with his team down by three, when the first time didn't get a response, was in the end, just stupid.
I agree, the first time I thought it was funny, the second and third, I wasn't upset, because it struck me as sad and desperate. How insecure do you have to be to pull that a third or forth time in a game you're losing? I wonder what his teammates thought, because I felt embarrassed for him.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Marchand was just a goof in the last game. He kissed his imaginary ring in front of Richardson. Nothing to get worked up about.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

sagebrush wrote:Marchand was just a goof in the last game. He kissed his imaginary ring in front of Richardson. Nothing to get worked up about.

That too is funny. Not only does he also have a ring but he wasn't playing for the Canucks the year they lost to Boston. Talk about a wasted effort.
The only HW the Canucks need
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

The Brown Knight said:
"Marchand should have a bounty on his head (regardless of how much time has passed between the cup and regardless of how infrequently we play them), but it shouldn't be at the expense of us losing our focus."
A bounty on his head?? and previously you said you'd be happy to see a fan kill him? for chirping ?? You have lost all perspective .. ITS A HOCKEY GAME not a war.. Hell yes I would have loved to see one of the twins give him a beating.. He is a twat.. Sending Kassian after a 5'9" 175 lb agitator is ludicrous.. Of course as Canucks fans we hate his antics but please remember the fans reactions to Cooke, who was a far worse twat than Marchand and a far dirtier player..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
If we had won the cup instead of Boston don't ya think we would have players chirping away?
Yes. They would definitely talk shit to the Bruins.

None of our current players would gesture like that to the fans though.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
If we had won the cup instead of Boston don't ya think we would have players chirping away?
Yes. They would definitely talk shit to the Bruins.

None of our current players would gesture like that to the fans though.
Lapierre might have, but it's a moot point now that he's gone.

Speaking of which, I guarantee that if Lapierre had done something like that, Bruin players would have been all over the guy on his next shift.......as they should.

The Dark Indian Rises
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

That was a well thought out screaming match. Fun and good points all over.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Tiger wrote:The Brown Knight said:
"Marchand should have a bounty on his head (regardless of how much time has passed between the cup and regardless of how infrequently we play them), but it shouldn't be at the expense of us losing our focus."
A bounty on his head?? and previously you said you'd be happy to see a fan kill him? for chirping ?? You have lost all perspective .. ITS A HOCKEY GAME not a war.. Hell yes I would have loved to see one of the twins give him a beating.. He is a twat.. Sending Kassian after a 5'9" 175 lb agitator is ludicrous.. Of course as Canucks fans we hate his antics but please remember the fans reactions to Cooke, who was a far worse twat than Marchand and a far dirtier player..

Hey Tiger,

I hate to admit it but you are right here.

I feel embarrassed for a lot of my comments these past few days.

You're absolutely right that it's only a hockey game.

Given how much time I've been spending on here lately (even though my ankle is now 100% healthy), maybe it's time for me to get some perspective and scale back a bit.

The Dark Indian Rises
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Great reading this GDT, great to see many of the old crew still posting on here. Hope all is well, everyone. I hope they start Lack. Lu hasn't faired too well versus the Wild and it would be a good game to see Lack play in.

All my thoughts about this game are in theblog for CC.

Biggest highlight for me was Hank scoring a slapper, when he didn't have to, of a PPG adding insult to injury.

If the Canucks aren't allowed to use injuries and illnesses as excuses when they lose, no other team should either. I don't care if the fucking team has dengue fever, they lost.

Bruins fan was chirping at me pretty good on twitter, after goal number 3, he shut right up, no more troll tweets.

#7inarow
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Lotusblossom,

Why don't you post on the forums anymore?

The Dark Indian Rises
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If a Sedin tried to teach Marchand a lesson he'd likely end up on his ass. Maybe if both of them tried...
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:If a Sedin tried to teach Marchand a lesson he'd likely end up on his ass. Maybe if both of them tried...
oh please, Marchand cant speak swedish...