GDT: 13-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs Coilers @ 6:00PST on CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: 13-Dec-2013 - Canucks vs Coilers @ 6:00PST on CBC

Post by Cornuck »

Secondary scoring - gotta love it!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote:Secondary scoring - gotta love it!
Asset for sure actually its a must have for anyone wanting to contend
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

DONT EVEN THINK IT :roll: cheech wherever you are
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

4th line sure earned that tonight..
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Edmonton is brutal in their own zone. Poor % plays that continually cause turnovers.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Great game against a team we should have a great game against. Complete domination from start to finish. That's the 60 minute effort we are talkin about!!

The good:

Two PP goals.
Perfect on the PK
SO for Luongo. The team wanted that SO and nothing sloppy the last 5 minutes.
4th line had a strong game and got rewarded with solid minutes and a PP and a PP goal.
Great team defence.
Luongo very good when he needed to be.
The Canucks didn't' get rewarded early but they kept playing their game and it paid off.
Hank with a hat trick. OK, it was 3 penalties not 3 goals, but still.
Dank threw a couple of big hits.
Kesler was in beast mode again.
6 in a row.
Tanev had one of the best games I have seen him play.
Because of the domination Torts got to roll 4 lines which is good heading into the BB with the Bruins.

I love how at the start of the third HNIC announcers, who will remain nameless,talked about a great opportunity for the Oilers and how they were coming on and how the game was still very undecided and a quick goal and the Oilers were in it. All true except for the fact that the Oilers were thoroughly dominated throughout and if not for Duby they would have been down by 4-5 at that point.they tried so hard to make It sound like Edmonton was in the same league as Vancouver. Like it was anyone's game. I get that statistically all that was true but if the oilers were playing Chicago they would have been saying that the Oilers were lucky to still be within a goal to tie it and what a hard road they had to over come in the third to get even. Such crap.

Great game, great win.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Nice Coiler flushing...as long as tomorrow it isn't reciprocated back at us
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Fuck me. The Oilers had this game in their hands and let it slip away!!
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Total domination. The coilers look terrible, they were out-coached,out-hit, out-scored and to think RD was all agog about how the Oilers would become a contender in the west. By the way I haven't seen much of RD in the last six games.Strange how that happens.

Tomorrow is the game of the year,time for Daniel to settle a score with that f----ing weasel Marchand. Nothing I would rather see than the Sedins sandwich that fuck into to the boards and they carry him away on a stretcher
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

okcanuck wrote:Total domination. The coilers look terrible, they were out-coached,out-hit, out-scored and to think RD was all agog about how the Oilers would become a contender in the west. By the way I haven't seen much of RD in the last six games.Strange how that happens.

Tomorrow is the game of the year,time for Daniel to settle a score with that f----ing weasel Marchand. Nothing I would rather see than the Sedins sandwich that fuck into to the boards and they carry him away on a stretcher
Well that goon Hank took three penalties tonight and Dank threw two nasty hits. That and their interference work I think is preparing them for tomorrow :mrgreen:

But it would be a shame if they come out flat tomorrow after knocking off 6 in a row. A character game tomorrow.
Don't worry abut Dude. If the Canucks lose tomorrow he will be out in full force talking about how we can't compete with contenders. If we win he will stay away, just counting down to our next loss, ignoring this little win streak we have put together.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I thought it was a fair statement considering how this season has gone so far.

Yeah, the Canucks were thoroughly outplaying the Coilers from top to bottom but how many times have we been up this season only to see the opponents get that tying goal? Plenty of times.

How many times this season have we seen the Canucks actually put the pedal to the metal and put away a team while being ahead? Not too many. The typical way this team plays this season is they go up by one and then start playing scared.

I don't remember the last time I've seen Kesler this aggressive. It felt like he really wanted to punish the Coilers kid core. That lunging hit on Hall? on the PK in the Coiler zone was a bit insane. When Kesler goes, so does the Nucks. It's not the Sedins, its not Luo. It's Kesler. Hemsky definitely did not look very comfortable after that monstrous hit and was pretty much invisible for the rest of the game.

Luo was outstanding. Glove hand was unstoppable, ZERO rebounds and that poke check was insane. Peron was absolutely robbed a couple times. (Perron was one of the few Coilers I felt had a decent game).

4th line actually seemed like the best line tonight when it came to puck possession. Welsh, Weise and Dalpe absolutely owned the boards. The Coiler D just could not pin any of them. Weise in particular was tazmanian devil along the boards. Stick handle up and down, cycle, rinse and repeat. Great to see Weise rewarded with a PP time at the end of the game and a goal to boot!

One of our best games all year. I hope it continues tomorrow night.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

^
I get all that statistical stuff, as I said. But it wasn't fair comment. Fair comment would have been how the Oilers were lucky to still be in at the start of the third and how totally dominating the Canucks were. Yes, bring up the Canucks inability in the previous home stand to hold leads, which they did, but don't sing Edmonton praises like they did. It was embarrassing for them.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote:^
I get all that statistical stuff, as I said. But it wasn't fair comment. Fair comment would have been how the Oilers were lucky to still be in at the start of the third and how totally dominating the Canucks were. Yes, bring up the Canucks inability in the previous home stand to hold leads, which they did, but don't sing Edmonton praises like they did. It was embarrassing for them.
You were more confident than I was.

I couldn't stop thinking how trappish this game was.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The media and Oilers don't care about the loss and how they got spanked all they care about is how Kassian taunted/chirped at Gagner for a coupla seconds. https://vine.co/v/h2XPFgU3661

THE BIGGEST NEWS in hockey tonight! :lol:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I agree with HW, I groaned inside when they started that BS. I thought "What a couple of moronic assholes, anybody watching would call that game complete domination." The only thing they said that held true was when one of the dummies said "Pretty much a one shot and out for the Oilers tonight." Which was exactly what I was seeing. It's strange that a Vancouver trained guy goes east and his brain starts to come out of his ass. Are they told to start downgrading Vancouver or is that just the way it is in Toronto. I can't fathom how a town with such a losing history is so jealous. You would think they would be used to Vancouver being better than them in just about every way.