From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by The Brown Knight »

I wonder if the Bruins will beat the Flames 9-0 as they did last time?

Also have to wonder if Flame fans will cheer on the team that has Iginla, along with the team that prevented Alberta's apparent worst nightmare from coming true.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

How many of the guys in the group buy of Iggie Pens jerseys are wearing them in the crowd?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Feaster just fired. Damn I was so enjoying his total incompetence.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Wonder if Brian Burke gonna try to trade for Phaneuf now? :D

*edit looks like Burke will be hiring a GM.
Burke is expected to act as interim GM until new guy is hired. Poulin, Loiselle, Futa, Benning, Treliving all have cred as candidates...

Some strong names among those I've listed. However, Nieuwendyk seems to be a great fit. We'll see.
via: Darren Dreger
Last edited by SKYO on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

okcanuck wrote:Feaster just fired. Damn I was so enjoying his total incompetence.
Yum, Peter's Drive In

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Maybe the leaves will give Nonis permission to walk away from his contract and go to Calgary :mrgreen:

Wouldn't that be nice to have BB and Nonis so close to home again?

Seriously it amazed me that Feaster lasted as long as he did. Although he did draft a good one there last June. A rebuild is hard and slow and that only feels good in a limited number of ways.

BB will have an opportunity to clean house if he wants before he brings on a new GM. interesting days ahead for the Flames
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol nonis^

bb freeze till the 27th.

get a new gm...and then send Cammalleri to van for a pick/prospect. :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BB said when he was hired his first and main job was to evaluate the management and coaching side of the team. He told the ownership group it would take 60-75 days to complete a full evaluation. With respect the the management side he evaluated, among other things, the return on trades and whether value was there. He concluded that no, the Flames did not receive good value for assets traded but would not elaborate.

Second he evaluated drafting. Other than Monohan (sp) who he feels was a home run, the Flames have not done well. They have drafted too many players without size. He says the Flames are too soft and not enough beef to support the small skilled players. They have to be able to compete with the likes of LA, SJS and Anaheim. Believes he created the blue print for the west with the Ducks team and everyone has been trying to duplicate that.

Said his review included talking with past employers and receiving evaluations on performances with other teams. Said it was a thorough and fair evaluation that went over every aspect of performance past and present.

Said he wanted to act before Christmas. Said there is a sense of urgency NOW as one other team is looking for a GM and they are looking at some of the same people. Was worried that they may lose out on a GM to that team if they delayed. Already has permission to speak to one candidate who is under contract somewhere else. New GM may or may not have previous GM experience.

Said he is pleased with coaching staff and they are not going anywhere. Trade freeze until Dec 27th but if no GM in place by then he will make trades if they make sense although his preference is to have a new GM in place before then. Intends to work closely with new management team and be a more active part of the decision making. Has no interest in being GM, likes being President and plans to be in Calgary a long time.

Believes he has made every team he has gone to better and intends to do the same in Calgary. Wants to get bigger, stronger and more skilled. No player is untouchable. With the cap going up next year and the right trades feels he can get a quicker turn around than in Toronto. Toronto was a major barn cleaning before the rebuild could take hold where as he feels most of the stable cleaning has already been done in Calgary.

BB needs a haircut.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Giving himself credit for improving TO??????

LOL

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:Giving himself credit for improving TO??????

LOL
They made the playoffs last year on the team he built. That was certainly better than what he inherited. :devil:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:BB...Believes he has made every team he has gone to better and intends to do the same in Calgary. Wants to get bigger, stronger and more skilled. No player is untouchable. With the cap going up next year and the right trades feels he can get a quicker turn around than in Toronto. Toronto was a major barn cleaning before the rebuild could take hold where as he feels most of the stable cleaning has already been done in Calgary.
SO, BB felt Tarana had a long ways to go before they hit rock bottom, but, Calgary is already at the bottom of the Sh%t pile? I know I am paraphrasing, but I like how it sounds. :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL at Burke taking credit for the Ducks success today. That fat shit lucked into Bobby Ryan and drafted Jake Gardiner and Justin Schultz, neither of who are there. Other than that he has NOTHING to do with their current team. What an arrogant fat tub of guts the guy is.

As an asside if i hear another person say how big and tough and physical the Ducks are i will puke. They have a decent- good team with some nice young pieces but they are not tough or physical. They used to be but most analysts and fans are too fucking lazy and stupid to actually check out games these days that don't involve the team they follow.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL at Burke taking credit for the Ducks success today. That fat shit lucked into Bobby Ryan and drafted Jake Gardiner and Justin Schultz, neither of who are there. Other than that he has NOTHING to do with their current team. What an arrogant fat tub of guts the guy is.

As an asside if i hear another person say how big and tough and physical the Ducks are i will puke. They have a decent- good team with some nice young pieces but they are not tough or physical. They used to be but most analysts and fans are too fucking lazy and stupid to actually check out games these days that don't involve the team they follow.
They just have some assholes on their team that get dirty in the corner and run the goalie.

Nobody there really inspires much in the way of physical shock and awe.....unless people are worried about Bryan Allen and Dustin Penner.....I mean they are big and physical when they can actually catch the guy they are trying to hit.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Writing was on the wall when Burke was hired...Feaster was going to go.

Was anyone else surprised at how dissheveled Burke looked? Haggard and scraggly...wtf is something going on with him?
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

The ironing is delicious. Burke now has to clean up the mess in Calgary that he himself help create when raped the Flames in the Phaneuf deal.
2011..... the one that got away.