OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:The repeat offender line that many (read cowboys with clams) seem so upset about was clearly defined by Betman when he ruled on Patrick Kaleta's appeal. Read specifically the bottom of page 12 through page 15. All prior offences are considered whether the player is considered a repeat offender or not.
Sorry, I should have read that particular 18 page document before commenting. :scowl:

Point remains: the NHL justice system is a Kangaroo Court.

Do you disagree Poindexter? :devil:

In fact, your response begs the question:

Why doesn't Mr Shanahan clarify all this "history" vs "Repeat Offender" BS rather than muddle things?

I don't tend to read lengthy documents if I can avoid it.
I recall the guy at Bountiful complaining than someones two paragraph post was too long. Was that you?
Strangelove wrote:But I do tend to watch Captain Kangaroo's videos.

Those are SUPPOSED to clarify the "logic" behind these suspension decisions. :lol:

In a perfect Hindu world the Director of PS would save us the trouble of having to read your documents.

Thanks for the info ole pal, but it’s STILL a Kangaroo Court.

And a Kangaroo Court is a Kangaroo Court is a Kangaroo Court.

Believe me, I should know! :mrgreen:
Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. Before spouting off, maybe you should understand a bit about what you are talking about. You really should familiarize yourself with section 18.15 of the CBA.

I first read that article at the time it was released because I wanted to know what the deal was with the Kaleta case and appeal. It was after a few of you were breaking your backs over "previous offender" that I recalled the article and began googling.

A first offender banned 1 games looses salary for 1/total number of days in the NHL season, ie # of days from the first NHL game of the season until the last NHL game of the season, a repeat offender (someone previously sanctioned in the previous 18months) looses 1/82 of his salary.

I called Shanahan out as a media whore after his first video knowing full well they would be a circus act. What took you so long Mr. Brannum?

edit - for those complaining about injury being a factor in Shanahan's ruling, that is written in the CBA. I don't agree with the concept but it isn't going to be changing anytime soon.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. Before spouting off, maybe you should understand a bit about what you are talking about. You really should familiarize yourself with section 18.15 of the CBA.
LMAO you're not getting this are you?

There are no "rules" in a Kangaroo Court.

Only the illusion of rules...

Or perhaps you can tell this court on what basis Shanny used Phil Kessel's "history" in HIS suspension?

(suspended for his 2nd slash on John Scott this past pre-season)

In his video, Shanny explained that:

"It's important to note that, just 6 days before, Kessel engaged in 2 similar stick swinging incidents in a game against Philadelphia".

So is Captain Kangaroo telling us that all past minor penalties are factors?

Should we go scurrying through the CBA to fill in every gap seemingly left by the Director of Player Safety

... like a bunch of chaos-fearing patsies?

Or is this all just one big fucking joke? Image

BTW Shanny completely wrote-off Kessel's first slash on Scott as "self-defense". :lol:

Look THAT up in your effin CBA!
Topper wrote: I called Shanahan out as a media whore after his first video knowing full well they would be a circus act.
Would you have this court believe that you are, in good conscience, defending a "circus act"?? :crazy:

Or are you saying Shanny's decisions are based entirely on sound logic

... but for some unknown reason he presents only earth-shattering unsound logic in his videos? :mex:

Last edited by Strangelove on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Strangelove,

In your opinion, does Brendan Shanahan qualify as a creative out of the box thinker?

I certainly think he does!
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yup, he's a regular Harpo Marx! :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

3 losses in the last 4 games. :mex:

*tick... tick... tick*

Gonna be awesome...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Leaves lose again. :mex:

What's that, 7 out of their last 9?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:Image

3 losses in the last 4 games. :mex:

*tick... tick... tick*

Gonna be awesome...
Look at him go...maybe we can find his ex to hide behind the bathroom door and goad him a little further along...
If you need air...call it in
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Humanity at large should be glad this guy didn't get remarried.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The good thing about this time of year is that the fish smell starts to clear up. Should be gone in another two months.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote: Ignorance of the rules is no excuse. Before spouting off, maybe you should understand a bit about what you are talking about. You really should familiarize yourself with section 18.15 of the CBA.
LMAO you're not getting this are you?

There are no "rules" in a Kangaroo Court.

Only the illusion of rules...

Or perhaps you can tell this court on what basis Shanny used Phil Kessel's "history" in HIS suspension?

(suspended for his 2nd slash on John Scott this past pre-season)

In his video, Shanny explained that:

"It's important to note that, just 6 days before, Kessel engaged in 2 similar stick swinging incidents in a game against Philadelphia".

So is Captain Kangaroo telling us that all past minor penalties are factors?

Should we go scurrying through the CBA to fill in every gap seemingly left by the Director of Player Safety

... like a bunch of chaos-fearing patsies?

Or is this all just one big fucking joke? Image

BTW Shanny completely wrote-off Kessel's first slash on Scott as "self-defense". :lol:

Look THAT up in your effin CBA!
Topper wrote: I called Shanahan out as a media whore after his first video knowing full well they would be a circus act.
Would you have this court believe that you are, in good conscience, defending a "circus act"?? :crazy:

Or are you saying Shanny's decisions are based entirely on sound logic

... but for some unknown reason he presents only earth-shattering unsound logic in his videos? :mex:

Skip along Mr. Brannum. Obviously my post was too long for your comprehension. Please accept my apologies for taxing you with poly syllable words.

Ironic, dbr recalls the Betman explanation ......

Yes the CBA may be something worth knowing about before you start whining like Bobby Clarke's little bitch.

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

If the Canucks can win these next two games against Edmonton and Boston, not only will it be a great morale boost.......but we'd also be within striking distance of the top spots in the conference (games in hand or not).
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Skip along Mr. Brannum. Obviously my post was too long for your comprehension. Please accept my apologies for taxing you with poly syllable words.

Ironic, dbr recalls the Betman explanation ......

Yes the CBA may be something worth knowing about before you start whining like Bobby Clarke's little bitch.
*knocks on Poindexter’s forehead*

Ummmm heeeelloooooo…

What I’ve been saying all along is that Shanahan is failing to communicate rationale.

I mean, THANK YOU POINDEXTER for digging up the CBA definition of “repeat offender”

… but it doesn’t change anything in regards to the rationale communication problem.

And the fact I had to hear this tidbit from YOU actually strengthens my overall argument.

But hey, obviously you’re looking for some kind of nerd award for finding this morsel.

So without further ado I dub thee: Topper, the King of Kangaroo Court Technicalities!

Happy? :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Better than being a General's queen.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:The good thing about this time of year is that the fish smell starts to clear up. Should be gone in another two months.
Is this a reference to Big Tuna? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I am going with the large albacore reference.. :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….