OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Arachnid »

BurningBeard wrote:Neal get's 5, and I have to think this is the NHL gearing up to bring the hammer down on Thornton.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=695100
Yeah, if Neal gets 5 for that Thorny is gonna get.....20? Still not enough to send a message.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think because it's Campbell on that team, they should ban him even longer, just to show there is no bias, they need a deterrent to stop that thuggery of throwing a person down to the ice with a slew foot and proceed to punch that player in the head repeatedly against the ice.

Campbell would approve and expect a good long sentence, I mean suspension.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

SKYO wrote:I think because it's Campbell on that team, they should ban him even longer, just to show there is no bias, they need a deterrent to stop that thuggery of throwing a person down to the ice with a slew foot and proceed to punch that player in the head repeatedly against the ice.

Campbell would approve and expect a good long sentence, I mean suspension.
It's the Bruins - the NHL poster boy for double-standards. I'd be surprised if he got mroe than 10 games.

Unless, you had your tongue firmly in cheeck writing that... :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

He's going to get 10+, and at this point, given what just happened with Neal, I wouldn't be surprised by 15+.

I don't care that it's the Bruins, I'll be floored if he gets less then 10.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

prepare to be floored BB
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lancer wrote:It's the Bruins - the NHL poster boy for double-standards. I'd be surprised if he got mroe than 10 games.

Unless, you had your tongue firmly in cheeck writing that... :lol:
lol it'll be a lifetime ban bro. 8-)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

When are the Bruins going to stop the continued cheap shots against them and finally address their lack of toughness?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Glad Neal got 5. One of the few times I think Shanny got it right. Also glad Dianna has a hearing. About time he gets a suspension. I'd give him 3 as a non repeat offender.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Captain Kangaroo ruled that Neal purposely kneed Marchand in the head.

He insinuated that the suspension would have been longer if Marchand had been injured.

And he said: “Although he is not a repeat offender under the terms of the CBA we cannot ignore the fact that Neal has previously been fined once and suspended twice during his 6 year NHL career.”

Again with this 'we're not supposed to treat him as a repeat offender but we will anyway' crap! :lol:

Whatever, it all smells like bullshit to this cowboy...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

With the pending lawsuit that is to be filed against the NHL about concussions, you would think they should come down hard. I doubt they will though as in reality Jacobs is the NHL boss not Bettman. Shanahan has turned into nothing more than a talking head with somebody else's hand up his ass. I say 5 games. I sure hope I'm wrong and he gets the boot for the rest of the year but I doubt it.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Hockey Widow wrote:Glad Neal got 5. One of the few times I think Shanny got it right.
That's the same suspension that Marchand ( a repeat offender) got in 2012 for his hit on Salo, that resulted in a concussion.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:Image

He insinuated that the suspension would have been longer if Marchand had been injured.

And he said: “Although he is not a repeat offender under the terms of the CBA we cannot ignore the fact that Neal has previously been fined once and suspended twice during his 6 year NHL career.”

Again with this 'we're not supposed to treat him as a repeat offender but we will anyway' crap! :lol:

And Kassian got 8 :look:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Both of those caught my attention. I'm tired of injuries playing so much of a factor. Sure they should be considered but if they ever want to honestly try and clean up the game they'll put more weight on intent. Suspending Hansen this year was absurd. Anyways, the "repeat offender" angle really sheds light on the IQ and mindset within the NHL head office. Seriously? Thats some sound logic there, Brendan.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The repeat offender line that many (read cowboys with clams) seem so upset about was clearly defined by Betman when he ruled on Patrick Kaleta's appeal. Read specifically the bottom of page 12 through page 15. All prior offences are considered whether the player is considered a repeat offender or not.
Last edited by Topper on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I watched this clip too many times..