GDT: Canucks vs Coyotes - 19:00PST on SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

GDT: Canucks vs Coyotes - 19:00PST on SNET-P

Post by Meds »

This is the very first time I have actually felt even a twinge of anticipation regarding a game against the Coyotes. It never mattered to me when we played them, who gives a shit about a hockey team in the desert that can't even fill half their arena. But tonight it matters, this is a 4 point game for us, with a deuce in regulation we can leapfrog over the Coyotes, and while they have been holding games in hand on us, they squandered one in Calgary on Tuesday night, and the Canucks better not come out and give it back to them tonight.

Regardless of the outcome, I want to see Riberio get run over tonight every time he touches the puck.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Coyotes - 19:00PST on SNET-P

Post by rats19 »

agreeing Mëds...big game: we are facing some adversity and it will be interesting to see how we fair.

I think 4-2 nucks with an EN...:)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote:This is the very first time I have actually felt even a twinge of anticipation regarding a game against the Coyotes. It never mattered to me when we played them, who gives a shit about a hockey team in the desert that can't even fill half their arena. But tonight it matters, this is a 4 point game for us, with a deuce in regulation we can leapfrog over the Coyotes, and while they have been holding games in hand on us, they squandered one in Calgary on Tuesday night, and the Canucks better not come out and give it back to them tonight.

Regardless of the outcome, I want to see Riberio get run over tonight every time he touches the puck.
Just one big ram of a smash by Sestito ought to do it.

Real Canucks hopefully show up, I think they might be feeling the mojo with accepting their roles while getting the systems down pat.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Third game in four nights for the Yotes, I believe, while we've been playing relatively infrequently. No excuse if we don't show the energy to beat them in the individual battles. 4-1 Nucks.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

What a huge game this is for us, which is pretty unbelievable given it's the beginning of December.

Now would be a great time to go on a bit of a streak and win 7 or 8 of the next 10. Anaheim, Colorado, Phoenix and Dallas have been faltering of late, and if we want to hang with the Californian teams we need a great December.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

herb wrote:What a huge game this is for us, which is pretty unbelievable given it's the beginning of December.

Now would be a great time to go on a bit of a streak and win 7 or 8 of the next 10. Anaheim, Colorado, Phoenix and Dallas have been faltering of late, and if we want to hang with the Californian teams we need a great December.
Agreed..it's this damn fine division that makes it that important shit man...crazy hockey in western conference...
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

^ Some of the teams above the Canucks in the standings have probably produced points at an unsustainable rate so far. Consider that Phoenix is currently on a 105 point pace. Historically, about about 95 points has gotten teams the 7th or 8th seed in the Western Conference; if that rings true again, the Canucks should be fine in terms of getting a playoff spot.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:^ Some of the teams above the Canucks in the standings have probably produced points at an unsustainable rate so far. Consider that Phoenix is currently on a 105 point pace. Historically, about about 95 points has gotten teams the 7th or 8th seed in the Western Conference; if that rings true again, the Canucks should be fine in terms of getting a playoff spot.
I can't recall a season when the West so thoroughly dominated the East though. Only Edmonton has a losing record against Eastern teams. Anaheim has played 17 games against the East, might be more, and we've had our share of Eastern feasts. Gotta make hay while ya can, it will be interesting to see how things shake out when the sample of games starts to weigh more heavily on conference matchups.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I think someone should be paying me to watch this period.

HORRIBLE HOCKEY.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dave Tippet hockey, fucking painful to watch
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Turnover, turnover, turnover... offside... turnover... try to pass... icing.

The only rush where we had any speed was when Tom Sestito was skating up with it.

Zack Kassian had 2:10 of ice time while Sestito had 2:03.

What in the fuck is going on..
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

A much more entertaining 2nd period.

Is it me or does Mike Smith just piss you off with his stupid puck handling. Sorta like Marty Turco but MORE annoying.

I love Dale Weise. Wish Ripper was still around. A Weise, Ripper, Sestito line would be kinda interesting.

Nice shot by Hank!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Shit...better get a goal here. I don't like it when we sit on a 1 goal lead
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Here we go..fuck me