World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Meds » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Forwards

Josh Anderson - London (QMJHL) Jonathan Drouin - Halifax (QMJHL) Frederik Gauthier - Rimouski (QMJHL)
Felix Girard - Baie-Comeau (QMJHL) Bo Horvat - London Knigths (OHL) Charles Hudon - Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
Scott Laughton - Oshawa (OHL) Curtis Lazar - Edmonton (WHL) Taylor Leier - Portland (WHL)
Anthony Mantha - Val-d'Or (QMJHL) Connor McDavid - Erie (OHL) Nic Petan - Portland (WHL)
Sam Reinhart - Kootenay (WHL) Kerby Rychel - Windsor (OHL) Hunter Shinkaruk - Medicine Hat (WHL)

Defencemen

Chris Bigras - Owen Sound (OHL) Matt Dumba - Minnesota (NHL) Aaron Ekblad - Barrie (OHL)
Josh Morrissey - Prince Albert (WHL) Adam Pelech - Erie (OHL) Derrick Pouliot - Portland (WHL)
Griffin Reinhart - Edmonton (WHL) Damon Severson - Kelowna (WHL)

Goaltenders

Zachary Fucale - Halifax (QMJHL) Jake Paterson - Saginaw (OHL)
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Per » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:30 am

Sweden announced its preliminary roster too:

Goalies:
Oscar Dansk, 19, Erie Otters.
Marcus Högberg, 19, Linköping/Mora
Jonas Johansson, 18, Brynäs.

Defence:
Robin Norell, 18, Djurgården
Christian Djoos, 19, Brynäs.
Jesper Petterson, 19, Linköping
Ludwig Byström, 19, Färjestad.
Linus Arnesson, 19, Djurgården.
Arvid Lundberg, 19, Skellefteå.
Gustav Olofsson, 19, Colorado College.
Robert Hägg, 18, Modo.
Lukas Bengtsson, 19, Mora.

Forwards:
Jacob de la Rose, 18, Leksand.
Alexander Wennberg, 19, Frölunda
Ludvig Nilsson, 19, Timrå.
Sebastian Collberg, 19, Frölunda
Andreas Johnson, 19, Frölunda.
André Burakovsky, 18, Erie Otters.
Filip Sandberg, 19, HV 71.
Nick Sörensen, 19, Quebec Remparts
Gustav Possler, 19, Modo.
Edwin Hedberg, 19, Modo.
Lukas Wallmark, 19, Luleå
Erik Karlsson, 19, Frölunda
Anton Karlsson, 17, Frölunda
Oskar Sundqvist, 19, Skellefteå

Anaheim has already nixed Hampus Lindholm, but there is still some hope that Elias Lindholm (Carolina) and/or Filip Forsberg (Nashville) might join the team.

Looks pretty good. If we can add Forsberg and Lindholm (not very likely as they're getting NHL ice time atm) I think this team could be considered favourites to win. Nine of these players played in the final against the US last year. Eleven, if Forsberg and Lindholm show up. 8-)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Meds » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:33 am

Per wrote:Sweden announced its preliminary roster too:

Goalies:
Oscar Dansk, 19, Erie Otters.




Forwards:
André Burakovsky, 18, Erie Otters.
Nick Sörensen, 19, Quebec Remparts


Personally I think that any junior player who leaves his home continent to go play and develop should be exempt from the junior tournaments. I mean really, do the Canadian coaches who are developing these kids get to notch a goal for their own country whenever they score for Sweden (or any other country)?
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby BurningBeard » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:28 am

Meds wrote:Personally I think that any junior player who leaves his home continent to go play and develop should be exempt from the junior tournaments. I mean really, do the Canadian coaches who are developing these kids get to notch a goal for their own country whenever they score for Sweden (or any other country)?

Alright Don, settle down.
"In the whole scheme of things, it's minutia on the main point of the argument" - CC Hall of Fan poster Betamax
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Meds » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:35 am

BurningBeard wrote:
Meds wrote:Personally I think that any junior player who leaves his home continent to go play and develop should be exempt from the junior tournaments. I mean really, do the Canadian coaches who are developing these kids get to notch a goal for their own country whenever they score for Sweden (or any other country)?

Alright Don, settle down.


I was just trying to bait our resident Swede is all.

:P
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Per » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Meds wrote:
Per wrote:Sweden announced its preliminary roster too:

Goalies:
Oscar Dansk, 19, Erie Otters.




Forwards:
André Burakovsky, 18, Erie Otters.
Nick Sörensen, 19, Quebec Remparts


Personally I think that any junior player who leaves his home continent to go play and develop should be exempt from the junior tournaments. I mean really, do the Canadian coaches who are developing these kids get to notch a goal for their own country whenever they score for Sweden (or any other country)?


I do think it would be better if they stayed and developed at home, but some kids prefer to try the Canadian route. In general it seems to go better for the ones that stay at home, but there are the odd exceptions, like Edler and Landeskog.

In international tournaments though, I prefer that all the best players should be made available. I think the NHL could take a week off for the WJC, maybe move the allstar thingy to coincide with it.

Anyway, there are three players on the roster that learned the ropes playing for Björklöven:

Gustav Olofsson - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=39017
Lucas Wallmark - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=39022
Gustav Possler - http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=26019
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Per » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:56 pm

Btw, Ulf Samuelsson's son, Henrik, will be playing for the US. :hmmm:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby The Brown Knight » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Per wrote:Btw, Ulf Samuelsson's son, Henrik, will be playing for the US. :hmmm:


Henrik Samuelson playing for the Americans is *almost* more ridiculous than Aki Berg being Hindu. Almost.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
User avatar
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Strangelove » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Per wrote:Btw, Ulf Samuelsson's son, Henrik, will be playing for the US. :hmmm:


Henrik Samuelssonsson? :look:
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Per » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm

Good news: Nashville has agreed to let Forsberg play at the WJC! 8-)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Meds » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:46 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:
Per wrote:Btw, Ulf Samuelsson's son, Henrik, will be playing for the US. :hmmm:


Henrik Samuelson playing for the Americans is *almost* more ridiculous than Aki Berg being Hindu. Almost.


Nah.....Ulf's dirty hit on Neely way back when proves that he belongs in the USofA.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: World Junior Selection Camp Roster

Postby Per » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Really classy by Carolina and Nashville, who are releasing Elias Lindholm and Filip Forsberg for the WJC!
Looks like Sweden will have a pretty good team! :)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am


Return to Team Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest