NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Post by Topper »

LC Greenwood has died.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

There are teams in the NFL that are better than the Seattle Seahawks, and are in a better position to win the Super Bowl than the Seattle Seahawks, but god DAMN I love their compete level. These guys have that "it" factor and have it upstairs mentally.

Watching these guys is a breath of fresh air. I don't see the Seahawks going all the way......atleast this year.......but they'll go down swinging and will give some massive shit towards the team that eventually does knock them out.

Rest assured though, I'm very confident that Russell Wilson will lead these guys to a Super Bowl one day.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is Jonathan Martin hiding in a South Beach closet?

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

I think I might actually cry if the Seahawks don't win the Super Bowl this year.

I fucking love these guys.

Not even farfetched of me to say that I almost hold Russell Wilson in the same regard as I do Pavel Bure, Joe Carter, Roberto Alomar, and Andre Agassi as far as my favorite athletes of all-time goes.

Very weird watching these Seahawks right now. I don't even care that they're 10-1.

For me, it's Super Bowl or bust. Very reminiscent of the feeling I had in 2011 with the Canucks.

If the Seahawks make the Super Bowl, I'll be flying down to Seattle.

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Amazing what an O-line will do for you.

SI has an interesting piece on what Harvin did without the ball, how he forced the safety to cheat to his side of the field opening the D for Baldwin's touchdown and Lockett's grab.

I still can not believe how little mention there is of Ken Norton's work with the linebacking corp. They destroyed Ponder and held AP to 65 yards yesterday.

I admit that part of me is still waiting for Wilson to become what Lofa was to linebackers. Hope I'm wrong.

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Topper wrote:Amazing what an O-line will do for you.
Yep.

I was also a little worried as to how Seattle would react/play to Sidney Rice being out for the year, but they've adjusted just fine. Rice isn't a huge piece of puzzle, but he's still pretty significant......but the Hawks have still looked just as dangerous.

The key now obviously, is for them to lock-up Home Field advantage while staying healthy. In a weird sort of way, I'm glad that they lost to the Colts earlier this year, and have also had a few "bad" games by their standards. I think this will keep them levelheaded, while the pressure of "choking" should be substantially less.

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

And the ol' NFL Steelers coach Mike Tomlin trick to throw a player off, on the field to help stop a TD.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

I pray to the Hindu Gods that the Seahawks stay levelheaded and aren't peaking too early.

Saints are getting absolutely spanked tonight.

:::::Cue Eminem 8 mile theme:::::

"You only get one shot do not miss your chance to blow this opportunity comes once in a lifetime."

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Seahawks vs. 49'ers: That will be the true test in my opinion.

This past Monday, we saw the Seahawks absolutely pistol-whip the Saints into oblivion. You could tell from the Saints' demeanor that they looked like a team that didnt know what hit em'.....and had a deer in the headlights look all night long.

Although the Seahawks win was an impressive one, there are two things that need to be considered:

1) Seahawks played at home. Everyone knows that the Seahawks are almost unbeatable at home.

2) Drew Brees and the Saints have always been terrible in less-than-desirable weather conditions.

The point I'm trying to get at is this: The Seahawks win last night was impressive, but I don't think it was a "statement" game......in the sense of saying, "We are the Seahawks and we're the best team in the league."

I think the Seahawks' real opportunity to make a statement is when they go into San Francisco to play the 49'ers.......and beat the 49'ers at Candlestick.

If the Hawks go into San Fran and dominate the 49'ers in a similar way to how the Hawks dominate their competition at home, then I don't think ANYONE in their right minds can doubt or question the Seahawks.

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

I won't lie. My emotion/excitement isn't comparable to the 2011 Canucks post-season anticipation as far as this year's Seahawks go, but it 's in the same neighborhood.

More anticipation than any of the Miami Heat/BC Lion runs, and more anticipation than Seattle's run from 2006.

This feeling I have right now is comparable to how I felt in 1992 and 1993 when most people knew that the Blue Jays had a solid chance of doing something special.

##12thMan

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The speed of the Seadderall Seahawks' linebackers dumbfounded Brees. A linebacker all night long on his go to guy, TE Graham.

On offense, Wilson burned the Saints line and linebackers for what they are. Slow.

Two fantastic camera shots during the game,

* first set of downs for Seadderall, camera shot from the Saints backfield looking into Wilson's eyes as he runs the read option.

* sometime end of the third quarter early fourth after yet another Saints punt, a shot of Brees on the bench looking at the photos from the just completed downs and he looked completely blank.

Candlestick collapses under the weight of numbers on the visitors scoreboard.

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Topper wrote: Candlestick collapses under the weight of numbers on the visitors scoreboard.
Good analysis Tops and I hope you're right.

I've got people in my office talking smack that Seattle will lose to a more experienced team come playoff time.

To an extent, I can see what they are saying, but I have a lot of faith in Wilson et al.

Seattle has performed so well this year in a lot of clutch moments, and I can't see that changing come playoff time.

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

1st match up with the 49ers was supposed to be the game of the year in the NFC, blowout Seadderall.

Monday night, game of the year for the NFC, blowout Seadderall.

Crabtree opens up Davis when you don't have a legion of boom.

Kappernick is very human and no defense plays against the read option better than the 'Hawks.

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I had an exam Monday night and didn't spend the grand to go down to Seattle and catch the Saints/Hawks (thank the lawwd, in hindsight). I'll be there though if the Saints make it back in the playoffs!

Seattle clearly is the team to beat. They look like one of the most complete teams in recent history, and made a very good Saints team look downright ordinary. The advantage the 12th man gives them is crazy, and similar to the boost New Orleans gets from playing at home.

Thankfully for the AFC the Superbowl isn't played in Seattle.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

herb wrote:I had an exam Monday night and didn't spend the grand to go down to Seattle and catch the Saints/Hawks (thank the lawwd, in hindsight). I'll be there though if the Saints make it back in the playoffs!

Seattle clearly is the team to beat. They look like one of the most complete teams in recent history, and made a very good Saints team look downright ordinary. The advantage the 12th man gives them is crazy, and similar to the boost New Orleans gets from playing at home.

Thankfully for the AFC the Superbowl isn't played in Seattle.
I on the other hand, will be spending a grand (for better or for worse) to go to Seattle if they make the Superbowl.

You're bang on about the Hawks being one of the most complete teams in recent history. I just pray that they stay level-headed and don't get too cocky (or overwhelmed by the playoff situation). All in all, I think if they play up their full capabilities, these guys should win the Super Bowl. I don't even see the Patriots or Bronco's being able to take out Seattle if both teams are playing at 100%.

Even if the Hawks don't win it this year, I love the core that they have in place. Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Golden Tait, etc., etc., These guys should be a contender for a number of years.......dare I say, of the same mold as a Dallas, San Fran, and Green Bay from the 90's? (or a Colts/Pats from the 00's). Peter Carol is an amazing coach as well.

Seahawks have the chance to do something real special here and given the Pacific Northwest's severe lack of sporting success, it would be a welcoming change.........for a change.

The Dark Indian Rises